Gaming Do you think the DS is almost dead?

What do you think?

• No,it still has a chance to live and all it needs is a big release

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes,its dead in terms of it not having more big releases(slowly dying)

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Don't give a damn gave,have the hot 3DS anyways

• Others(Please specify in post)

• Total voters

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes, all we'll get from now is shovel ware. It's a shame but keep in mind that the DS has a very big library so there are bound to be some titles out there you haven't played and are worth playing.

Littlekey

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i don't have a DS
i play the game with emu
i think DS is an old console
bas grapphic but cost saving rather than psp
biggrin.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope the DS holds on as long as the GBA did (or longer), with really great games still coming out after the release of its successor (a great example would be Mother 3. Although it was Japan-only, it came out 2 years after the original DS and 1 month after the DS lite's Japanese debut).

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mesiskope said:
Deader than Elvis.

I spotted Elvis at a Waffle House just last week.

I don't know anymore, though...

At first, it seemed like the hype train was running right over DS, and 3DS was ready to leave the station. But reports are claiming that 3DS sales have already begun to slow significantly. The press has been a mix of both good and bad, and I think when reality hit, a lot of folks just weren't yet willing to shell out for a system that costs roughly $50 more than their Wii home console. We might end up seeing the DS have a lot longer legs than GBA post-new-gen launch.

cosmoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
andyfakesch.moonfruit.com
XP
Country
I don't think hand held consoles can have a big life span simple because people like Nintendo and Sony are constantly bringing out newer versions of there hand held consoles.. I remember when I got my Nintendo XL, I bought it just after it was release and on the way out of the shop I saw the Nintendo 3DS poster. Within a sort time they already was realaseing yet again another version/update of there Nintendo DS

They need to stop bringing out updates and concentrate on a better variety of games if you ask me.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
But reports are claiming that 3DS sales have already begun to slow significantly. The press has been a mix of both good and bad, and I think when reality hit, a lot of folks just weren't yet willing to shell out for a system that costs roughly $50 more than their Wii home console. We might end up seeing the DS have a lot longer legs than GBA post-new-gen launch.
that's funny.
my girlfriend's mom was going to buy her little brother a 3DS because i bought my girlfriend a DSi XL for her birthday march 11, and he's jelly since he broke his DS phat touch screen. he's 7.
and that pissed us the fuck off to no end (i live with them, and he's extremely spoiled.)
well, her mom played the 3DS at the little brother's friend's house and her exact words are "woah this sucks. i'm sorry russell i'm not gonna buy that one for you" (que philippino accent). needless to say, she's a "general nonbiased consumer."
so anyway, i was semi-excited for the 3DS but once i got the chance to play one at a gamestop kiosk, i then had no desire whatsoever to own one.
i'll wait until i own an NGP and and the second or third 3DS model is out.

i don't expect anymore big releases on the DS. at least not in america. maybe besides devil survivor 2, but i so wish that we'd get 5-10 more quality releases on the DS before the shitstorm wave of uninspired/3D gimmicky 3DS games/remakes/ports come out.

LOL69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know, I think the DS still has some legs on it. Until Pokemon and Trauma Center come out on 3DS, I know I'm not buying one.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the largest thing slowing them down is the lack of titles - I know literally 5 people who are waiting for Ocarina of Time 3D, simply because there's nothing on the console yet that interests them. I know 2 other people who are waiting until E3 to see more footage of titles before they go out and buy the console. I bought it on launch because I love SSFIV3DE, and I wanted to have it on the go. But for those who aren't fighting game fans, I can see why they'd be reluctant to pick it up.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only slowing to the 3DS as the above said, lack of more games. The system was over produced and released in mass so the mistakes of the Wii and DS wouldn't repeat...shortages. Sadly, they shoveled out all 16 games at one and left nothing more to come for awhile except a short trickle of games and worse yet Zelda is in June and that Mario with the raccoon/tanooki tail logo probably isn't until Christmas. There's a big pile of a lack of games to play unless you're into a specific franchise and even that only lasts so long. Combine that with no internet, no shop, none of the online active until May and you hit a wall. You can't expect to maintain high sales if you killed the demand putting a ton of units out there and dick to back it up with aside from the launch titles. You need the full system active and a steady pace of decent titles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • AncientBoi
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: