Hacking Do you need the WAD uninstaller for all WAD files?

JakMon_777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed 3 VC games and 1 WiiWare game onto my Wii using the Twilight Hack, (I've also yet to upgrade to 3.3 if that helps.)

I noticed on another forum topic, they had links to WAD installer and WAD uninstaller. I was wondering, do I need the WAD uninstaller to uninstall VC and WiiWare games, or can I just delete them like regular WiiWare and VC games? I only ask because it seems like they are normal VC games now they are on the Wii, and shouldn't need special treatment.

Thanks in advance.

AishunBao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need the WAD uninstaller to fully uninstall the games otherwise they will leave a ticket if you delete them through the Wii menu. This is also true of normal VC games.

JakMon_777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thankyou very much. Do these tickets do anything bad?

Also, if I do use the WAD uninstaller, do I have to have the exact same WAD file in my SD card that I want to uninstall? Because I'm not sure I know where the files are. If I'm completely misunderstanding how to use the uninstaller, disregard this question.

JakMon_777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bump, sorry I'm just really nervous that I've done something bad and I don't know what these tickets may do in the future.

Link00y

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well, first of all: no, the WAD technically doesn't need to be identical.. a WAD with the same ticket is okay.. but that normally means it has to be the same (most of the time newer versions however should do). For the left ticket: As of now, this is not bad by any means. However, if Nintendo decides to block users based on whether they used the self-made channels just once - they could use the ticket to identify you. As of now: tickets are not critical!

AishunBao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also uninstall them with any WAD using the same title ID. The game itself doesn't really matter when uninstalling. You can modify a WAD somehow to change the title IDs; you can search up how to do it. I don't know how and I personally just keep the same WAD files on my computer.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AishunBao said:
You can also uninstall them with any WAD using the same title ID. The game itself doesn't really matter when uninstalling. You can modify a WAD somehow to change the title IDs; you can search up how to do it. I don't know how and I personally just keep the same WAD files on my computer.

I'm glad someone with so few posts is aware of this method. It shows that people are finally starting to get it.

Step 1) Get any WAD which you know the Title ID of(the smaller the better) and a hex editor.

Step 2) Open the WAD with the hex editor and search for that Title ID. Change it to the Title ID of the WAD you're trying to remove.

Step 3) If you don't know the Title ID of your installed WAD, you have one of two options:

Option A) Use Title Lister or FS Dump.
Option B) Search online for it.

JakMon_777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your help, I think I'll just leave the ticket's on my Wii at this stage. I'm pretty sure I'm ****ed if they ever block people for doing this, but there's no one to blame but myself I guess.. Why I deleted the WAD files off my PC is beyond me.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JakMon_777 said:
Thanks for your help, I think I'll just leave the ticket's on my Wii at this stage. I'm pretty sure I'm ****ed if they ever block people for doing this, but there's no one to blame but myself I guess.. Why I deleted the WAD files off my PC is beyond me.

I just told you how to remove them.... sheesh.

If you format your Wii, you'll remove all of the tickets.

You can then re-download the titles you've purchased legally on the Shop Channel.

gunner_pt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, if this is a stupid question, but I have installed various .wad VC games and it's not suposed that, that games should be on wii shop channel? Like if I have downloaded? Because I install and doesn't appear on there... it's normal?

I'm doing this question because when VC games were playable for the first time it apears and now it doesn't...

I have a wii with 3.3 firmware

AishunBao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
I'm glad someone with so few posts is aware of this method. It shows that people are finally starting to get it.

Keke, truthfully, I was going to say, "As teq would would say..." but I didn't expect you to actually enter the thread. I'm a long time lurker as you can see, I just don't participate very much. =p

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gunner_pt said:
Sorry, if this is a stupid question, but I have installed various .wad VC games and it's not suposed that, that games should be on wii shop channel? Like if I have downloaded? Because I install and doesn't appear on there... it's normal?

I'm doing this question because when VC games were playable for the first time it apears and now it doesn't...

No, Nintendo updated the Shop Channel so that purchases are logged remotely and tied to your console id. This way, even if you format, your titles will be available.

JakMon_777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So if I have 3.3, I can't get rid of the tickets by formatting?

I don't actually have 3.3 yet, so my real question is: Can I format my Wii to get rid of completely all my VC tickets?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JakMon_777 said:
So if I have 3.3, I can't get rid of the tickets by formatting?

I don't actually have 3.3 yet, so my real question is: Can I format my Wii to get rid of completely all my VC tickets?

The firmware version doesn't matter.

I'm pretty sure it cleans up everything once you format.

JakMon_777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
teq said:
gunner_pt said:

No, Nintendo updated the Shop Channel so that purchases are logged remotely and tied to your console id. This way, even if you format, your titles will be available.

I guess I took that as you saying 'the ticket is left behind'. But that's incorrect? If so, I will just format my Wii. Problem solvered. Thankyou very much, I'm liking Gbatemp better than GameFAQ's. Less idiots, way more helpful people. And I'll be taking my Wii over to my mates hosue from now and downloading the legitimate way.
lecture.gif

gunner_pt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I install a VC game on my wii... and when I go to wii shop channel it's suposed appears that I have downloaded that game, right?... But only appears the price if I want to buy that game...

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gunner_pt said:
I install a VC game on my wii... and when I go to wii shop channel it's suposed appears that I have downloaded that game, right?... But only appears the price if I want to buy that game...

Damn, learn how to read a thread.... I already explained this to you...

gunner_pt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
teq said:
gunner_pt said:

Sorry... but sometimes I don't understand what some of you says.... but I think now I understood...

Thanks anyway...

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
gunner_pt said:
teq said:
gunner_pt said:

Sorry... but sometimes I don't understand what some of you says.... but I think now I understood...

Thanks anyway...
lol xD

gunner_pt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah... I don't understand and speak english very well like everyone of you can see and sometimes I don't understand some things...

One more question... It's possible to know what tickets we have on our wii? I'm doing this question because sometimes people delete VC games or something like in data management and in that case ticket continues on wii... is it possible to us know what tickets we have on wii? One homebrew or something else that do that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: