Do you mess with Steam Trading Cards?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Dec 2, 2019.

?
  1. I do engage with it

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. I like it but don't engage with it

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I wish other systems had a similar thing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't really care

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I was curious how many people actually do try to collect the trading cards that games have on steam. It's not something I payed attention to before until the new steam ui update recently, it makes things more detailed about the game you decide to play in your library.

The thing I don't like is how to get them. Each game you buy, you are given a specific number of "drops" for the game. You basically run the game for a certain time limit and you get cards by random until your number of "drops" run out. Then you either trade your duplicates for the ones you didn't get, sell them, or buy them with your steam wallet funds. Honestly it not expensive (unless you want them all for every possible game like OCD) I do like that they have pictures in high quality art to view, I'm not really a collector for stuff that doesn't exist to add content to the game. It's helpful for games that don't have gallery content for whatever reason such as pixel art graphic vs drawings.

But maybe I'm just not into that such thing as a hobby. But what about any of you? :)

2. KlasseyKreations

KlasseyKreations photon readings negative

Feb 20, 2017
    Portugal
    I personally collect them for the badges, but none of my friends on steam actually bother, so sadly no "trading" for me. But i do like them, the artwork is cool too

3. Scarlet

Scarlet In Memoriam of Mag Staff Mouse

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    I farm and sell them every so often. My last drive got me Nobunaga's Ambition lol

E1ite007 likes this.
  4. E1ite007

E1ite007 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 19, 2016
    Mexico
    Same, I sell the repeated ones or the ones I already have the badge for.

5. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Maniac

May 11, 2017
    United States
    I sell my cards for such high prices that steam literally sends me an email verification to ensure it's me doing it

6. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Ugh... If it wasn't such a chore to sell those stupid things for a few pennies, I'd sold them all. Meanwhile, it's a collection that is growing in a pace that I no longer control (I swear those things increase by themselves at this time).

One day I'll spend about four thousand billion hours to sell them all and become a millionaire. :P

7. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo ToMClassic

pip Reviewer
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    This. It takes SO LONG to sell them for such a small amount its literally not worth the time. I imagine if I sold the hundreds of cards I have I'd maybe get like $10 out of it, and it'd take all damn day.

8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    My friend suggested that I buy cards to complete some sets to get smileys, but I haven't done it yet. It's a bit annoying how it's impossible to complete a single set without buying cards or without sacrificing a lot of cards just to complete a few sets.

9. AtsuNii

AtsuNii AtsuNii's New Beginnings

GBAtemp Patron
    AtsuNii is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 20, 2018
    Antarctica
    DinohScene's bed
    I used to get a few badges, however i mostly just sell them or keep them. I tend not to care about them anymore.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted