Do you like Math?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I have been reading GBAtemp for at least a year and just recently decided to become a member to actually post here.

I am a mathematician, I have spent the last 4-5 years studying mathematics and am close to a graduate math student.

Some results from being a mathematician is I am very precise and the nature of my personality is being very direct.

I have always enjoyed electronics. My mom used to have an old computer that only loaded dos. My mom set up a password to keep me out of it. I was about 8 years old when I guessed the password correctly. It was 'mom'.

I have diagnosed and attempted to fix viruses since I was 10-12, With the last 4 years being heavy in repairing computers hardware wise.

I have played games since nearly I was born. Beat the original mario at some stupidly low age.

I don't have much programming experience other than a couple quarters of C++, but I am amazingly interested in developing homebrew software. I don't see myself being a legend homebrew maker, but I do see myself spending my spare time learning DevKitpro. I have created codes for games for the last 8 or so years starting with game genie =)

Just call me Z
wink.gif

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I like Ma-- Oh. I thought this was some EoF joke to be honest. @_@ No offense and all, the title just made me raise my eyebrows a little. LOL.

Well, welcome to GBAtemp! I hope you have a great time here. : D

And yes, I do like Math. For the most part.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! I had to make a catchy title lol
wink.gif

What would have been a better way than demonstrating my love for mathematics!

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate the concept and applications of math, but struggle whenever it is required in life, despite being proficient in other areas. I now consider math proof of my stupidity.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to GBAtemp. Pick up your phaser rifle from the weapons locker and prepare for the troll hunting season.

Also, I like mathematics.
wink.gif
In fact, I've wanted to get a Casio 9860G calculator, but I don't have one yet.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, welcome to GBAtemp.net!!
I hope you enjoy your time with us.

OOHHH!! A mathematician can remodulate our phaser rifles!!

The following is a short, and incomplete, list of members whom I like.
This list has since mutated into a kind of guideline for newcomers, and a novelty for members who've been here a while.
(tl;dr: Pay it no mind)

All the Moderators/Staff/Former Staff/Administrators.
(Especially TrolleyDave, Vulpes Abnocto, Gaydrian, and granville.)

ProtoKun7, A Gay Little Cat Boy, Rockstar, DarkWay, Davess, Overlord Nadrian, Dark Blade, shinkukage09, arecus2000, ifish, Demonbart, SoulSnatcher, KingVamp, and Prowler485!!

Prowler485 said:
Welcome to GBAtemp! Zetta_x
Hope you have fun
biggrin.gif

If you need any help on where to get started, be sure to read the GBAtemp Tutorial

Everyone that joins GBAtemp should read the rules before posting; Forum rules
Don't say you didn't know if you post anything that is against the rules
lecture.gif

Be sure you post in the right section
wink.gif
; here are some links to get you on your way!

Enjoy!
happy.gif

D

Deleted User

I like math up to geometry, then it starts getting tricky.

Currently taking Calculus BC (high school) and I don't like it one bit.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What an awesome welcoming
smile.gif

Don't worry clownb. Many people are under the impression that all of the algebra/trig/calculus that you see is what math is about. I have taken abstract algebra, several courses of linear algebra, numeric theory, studied topology, analysis classes and greatly realize that numeric calculation is only a spec of mathematics. Mathematics is fundamentally based on logic which is superbly shown in upper division/graduate level classes. For example, imagine working an a arbitrary vector space where 1 + 1 does not equal to 2. I have worked with math where addition (which leads to multiplication) is not defined the same way, millions of terminology is introduced and you learn math at an abstract level and then your reality becomes distorted! Integral domains... fields... isomorphisms between modulo sets, it's really an interesting subject besides the calculation
wink.gif

ProtoKun7, those calculators are pretty awesome! My calculator is Mathematica on my laptop
happy.gif
I know it's a huge calculator lol. I have actually had a lot of experience as a forum moderator on the RuneScape forums a number of years ago. With those forums, the ratio of trolls and moderators was like 1000 : 1 lol. I come equipped with a giant arsenal of effective weapons. One time I locked someone's thread and I got 20 + threads within a minute all titled "(my username) sucks (bleep)." Was forced to move with a ban =P

haflore, I am looking at these phaser rifles and I notice one improvement that can be made. Lets switch out the 9v batteries and attach it to a car battery. May have stepped a little too far with this one
wink.gif
Watch out, the power may consume you, just don't let it turn you into a troll
happy.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome KingVamp!

A Gay Little Cat Boy, I was looking at this equation and made a few alterations (assuming inverses exist)

Rules+Breaking the rules=The Angry Bear Cavalry
=> Rules = The Angry Bear Cavalry - Breaking the rules (inverse of Breaking the rules on both sides)
=> Rules = The Angry Bear Cavalry + abiding the rules (simplification)

From that, I have deduced the rules on the temp is being mauled by the Angry Bear Cavalry while abiding by the rules
wink.gif

Haha, thanks for the welcome!

Vulpes Abnocto, I won't tell you how many times I have done other people's math homework. I overly enjoy doing math. Apparently that makes me autistic (I really have asperger syndrome I think because of my extreme fascination of math). I do it for free too *hint hint*

Overlord Nadrian, Keep it up. Some mathematicians take the skills they obtain from studying mathematics and greatly achieve a lot of skills of logic. With logic, you can expand so many things, I absolutely enjoy being able to deduce random things. It's amazing what you will find! For example, the idea of grass. Most people grow grass for one purpose only, to spend money on tools to cut it. Seems kind of redundant especially since cutting is like the inverse function of growing. By performing this repetitive act, the grass will not be any different, and the only thing done is the person is out a number of dollars... strange.

TrolleyDave, I am very observant and have already enjoyed my stay at GBA temp. I'm glad I decided to actually make an appearance!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Zetta_x said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy, I was looking at this equation and made a few alterations (assuming inverses exist)

Rules+Breaking the rules=The Angry Bear Cavalry
=> Rules = The Angry Bear Cavalry - Breaking the rules (inverse of Breaking the rules on both sides)
=> Rules = The Angry Bear Cavalry + abiding the rules (simplification)

From that, I have deduced the rules on the temp is being mauled by the Angry Bear Cavalry while abiding by the rules
wink.gif

Haha, thanks for the welcome!
You put way too much thought behind the cat boy's problem. That could be a problem....your going to get along great on this site
yay.gif

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thumbs up!
yay.gif

The only time I have ever not had a good time was when I flung speghettios up and they got stuck on the ceiling. Was pretty hard to wash off especially 11 feet in the air! Otherwise I enjoy having a great time with communities especially this one
happy.gif

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
I like nerds. I like math too.

I'm a 2nd year Software Development student and the only math our section has come across is Accounting... I guess intensive algebra, trigo, geometry and physics will be applied in games most of the time when programming.

Anyway, either you are more interested in playing games or learning programming, enjoy your stay here!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...