Gaming Do you guys think this is a good trade.

CrazySka

The Original Ska
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.crazyska.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a guy that wants to trade me a Wii, with a Mic, and controller, that is modded, 120 gig USB Hard Drive with 50 games on it, for my Kodak Z981 Digital Camera, with Bag, and 8gig Memory Card

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hmm.. Don`t know. Do you often use your camera? Besides, that camera seems pricey. You should sell it, then get a Wii.

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your camera is around $300 with the added stuff probably around $340. The Wii softmodded with 120GB HDD with a mic would probably be worth around $270. Thats just my guess....

CrazySka

The Original Ska
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.crazyska.com
XP
Country
United States
Thats the answers I need. I haven't traded the guy yet but I was just pondering it. I don't have a wii but I want one. I don't use my camera often but Its nice to have ya know lol

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Isn't there a way to try out the wii? Or temporary trade it, or something?

Personally, I'd take the wii over any camera. But that's just me...I would barely know the difference between a 5 bucks camera and a 500$ one. And I can't really relate on how it is supposed to be fun to take pictures (and getting the right frame, angle, light, composition and all that fancy jazz), so...

it really matters on what you enjoy. I suppose you can enjoy both, but it's a fact that you can't enjoy your wii anyplace else than in front of your television. And that the wii has a wider variety of things you can do with it.

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The HDD with 50 games already saves you a lot of time "downloading" them, plus since it's softmodded you don't need to worry about hacking it.

If you don't use your camera a lot then I would consider the trade.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Kryptical said:
The HDD with 50 games already saves you a lot of time "downloading" them, plus since it's softmodded you don't need to worry about hacking it.
Not agreed on both parts.
1. a wii with extra downloaded games is a used wii. The extra games don't have value, unless you're getting the original discs with them (not very likely). And 'a lot of time' is very relative. If you have even one game, you can play it while a couple hundreds are downloading. So the only 'wasted time' is while the downloaded stuff is unzipping or being transferred to the HD.
2. I would agree if A. you're never going to play another game, B. the wii isn't going to be connected to the internet and C. the wii is hacked properly.
Sure, the wii as it is is a plug-and-play device. But in a couple months, some nice game comes along that you want to play (Zelda skyward sword, perhaps?). So you buy it or download it, start it up...and it asks for a system update. Moments later, nothing plays anymore.
So...sorry, but no. Softmodding a wii isn't that hard, but it DOES require the user to learn a few do's and dont's. I don't think it's a coincidence that the largest part of the ppl bricking their wiis are the ones who got their wii presoftmodded by 'some guy'.

kazekun

Trophies
XP
Country
The trade seems well worth it, if you really want a wii, and dont use the camera all that much, but you should get a probatory time for it, to check if all is working in conditions, personally i would make the trade.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lets see, i'm fairly new to the hacking, but i would agree with with Wever.
plus knowing me, i would trade. get the wii, an run syscheck.first thing. see what is "hacked". an make sure everything is up dated. ( as far as modmii goes). an not hacked a year ago an never updated.

but then also, it depends on the value you give your camera. just as i give my wii. with all the hardwork that goes in to hacking.making sure every thing works. i would value mine at 600$ (controllers, all of them, not just one or two, but 12.. then the harddrive.. an now my case mod..
but i'm soo OCD about my modding, i would just get the wii, an reformat it an rehack. but hey thats just me..
yaywii.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a used wii for $120. and a 120GB HDD is about $30. and when you sell used electronics, you generally cut the price in half, so your HDD is worth $15. add $10 for the microphone and the whole package is worth $145 AT THE MOST. a softmodded wii is also worth LESS than a stock one. i don know where these people are getting that its worth $270. and if you people think that this package really is worth that much, PM me, i have a few wiis for sale.

and as wever said, playing pirated games doesnt "just work". be prepared to have to dick with things. every time there is a new game to come out, there come hundreds of threads around here from people getting blackscreens and whatnot for the new game.

wii
HDD
mic

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Downloading games = Time = Money

IMO, if you don't use your camera that much, and you won't miss it, go for it. Other wise, it's a raw deal.

In all honestly, I would only take that deal if I didn't want to be arsed downloading my entire library of games initially.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
downloading games != ( time || money ).

in the 30 minutes it takes to download a game, you are not required to sit there and stare at your PC and wait for it. you can go donate blood or semen. you can catch up on paperwork from your job, or do your homework.

downloading something is a passive act. it takes you 2 seconds to click a link and thats it. you dont have to do anything more. and you dont deserve any compensation for downloading anything. forget that fact that you are selling something which you dont own, and you still havent done anything to merit any compensation.

think about it this way... would you charge somebody money to download a linux installer CD for them? no? why not? the download is free & legal. but it takes just as much effort to DL as a wii game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety