Do you guys/gals use energy drinks when gaming?

When you do consume energy drinks?

• Gaming

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marathon gaming

• Competitions (physical)

• Competitions (mental)

• Exams/Tests

• Daily

• Total voters

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i rarely drink energy drinks, if i need to stay awake or want a decent jolt i go coffee. only time i drink energy drinks of any form is jagermeister + red bull, but even now i rarely do that.

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
.Radiant said:
i rarely drink energy drinks, if i need to stay awake or want a decent jolt i go coffee. only time i drink energy drinks of any form is jagermeister + red bull, but even now i rarely do that.

Yii! That's a combination that sees me on the floor puking from alcohol poisoning or dizziness.
grog.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
No way, they taste awful. I tried Red Bull once, took one sip and nearly threw up, never again. Plus it smells bad.
.Radiant said:
only time i drink energy drinks of any form is jagermeister + red bull
Waste of good Jager!
nyanya.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember a while back Mountain Dew had a promotional drink called "Game Fuel" for the Halo 3 release. That stuff was good.

They later brought it back in a World of Warcraft promotion, but it was different flavors. The original Game Fuel was pretty decent, and a pretty decent mix between a soda and an energy drink.

Still, whatever happened to a good cup of coffee? If I want to stay awake I grab a Dr. Pepper. Sure, it's not jacked on sugar, but it usually greases my gears, since I probably ingest at least 5 gallons of Dr. Pepper a week. I fucking love Dr. Pepper. I've drank so much of it I can literally tell how good or bad a batch is after one sip. Whether it was weak on syrup, high on carbonation, etc etc. It's sad.

Actually, I'm craving a Dr. Pepper right now. I think I need rehab.

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
I remember a while back Mountain Dew had a promotional drink called "Game Fuel" for the Halo 3 release. That stuff was good.

They later brought it back in a World of Warcraft promotion, but it was different flavors. The original Game Fuel was pretty decent, and a pretty decent mix between a soda and an energy drink.

Still, whatever happened to a good cup of coffee? If I want to stay awake I grab a Dr. Pepper. Sure, it's not jacked on sugar, but it usually greases my gears, since I probably ingest at least 5 gallons of Dr. Pepper a week. I fucking love Dr. Pepper. I've drank so much of it I can literally tell how good or bad a batch is after one sip. Whether it was weak on syrup, high on carbonation, etc etc. It's sad.

Actually, I'm craving a Dr. Pepper right now. I think I need rehab.

Oooo...Dr. Pepper. I love the stuff. I have the Bonne Bell chapstick that smells like it, even though my girlfriend hates the stuff. Also, speaking of Mountain Dew - I miss the 1st Pitch Black. Black soda! Sour-caffeine free black soda. It was beyond awesome - it was on the market for the smallest amount of time. I love the way it tasted.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never use energy drinks for any particular reason, I just like Monster (the green colored one) simply for the taste. Really wish I could get that flavor without it being an energy drink.

Trust me, you NEVER want to get to where you rely on energy drinks to have the energy to do stuff. About 15 or more years ago, I got into taking caffeine pills to get through the work day. That crap catches up with you after awhile. You will become an irritable bastard who feels there is never enough hours in the day, you will have days of extreme fatigue and insomnia and it will start to affect your judgment.

Energy drinks are all well-and-fine for occasional use, but if you drink even one-a-day, you're drinking that stuff too much.

Trust me, I know from personal experience. They are ultimately bad news.

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Rayder said:
I never use energy drinks for any particular reason, I just like Monster (the green colored one) simply for the taste. Really wish I could get that flavor without it being an energy drink.

Trust me, you NEVER want to get to where you rely on energy drinks to have the energy to do stuff. About 15 or more years ago, I got into taking caffeine pills to get through the work day. That crap catches up with you after awhile. You will become an irritable bastard who feels there is never enough hours in the day, you will have days of extreme fatigue and insomnia and it will start to affect your judgment.

Energy drinks are all well-and-fine for occasional use, but if you drink even one-a-day, you're drinking that stuff too much.

Trust me, I know from personal experience. They are ultimately bad news.

I know, I just use them sparingly. The only time I'd actually down an energy drink is when I'm like knock-down dead tired. Like when you go to bed tired, and wake up tired. It's not a good thing, but I understand energy deficients - so yeah. I rarely use energy drinks - caffeine is like any drug anyhow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?