Gaming Do you give nicknames to your Pokemon?

Do you give your Pokemon nicknames?

• Yes! For All / Almost All

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Never.

• Sometimes.

• Total voters

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I only named one when I caught it, and I never used it. Only other time I nickname them is for battling people, because I'm lame like that. Oh yeah.

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I never name my pokemon. I like following Ash
biggrin.gif
he never names his pokemon's.

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
I give nicknames to mine. My first one, the totodile, I called Bungee. Dunno why. Then when that egg thing hatched I named him Teeple. The only downside is I forget what they're supposed to be called, and nobody knows wtf I'm talking about when I say my 'team' contains a bungee, a teeple, and a squishy...

BTW Does anyone know if it is possible to give names to the ones that are caught with the pokewalker? I can't find an option...

And ot poke-noob question - what do you do with pokemon you catch but then don't want? Can you kill them? Use them for parts? Sell them? Or just set them free?

-Atashi

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Nicknames:
Gengar = Soulz
Typhlosion =Pyroz
Gyrados= Redon
Ampharos= Elezia

and mcuh more, i only nick the pokemons i will use.

Atashi said:
I give nicknames to mine. My first one, the totodile, I called Bungee. Dunno why. Then when that egg thing hatched I named him Teeple. The only downside is I forget what they're supposed to be called, and nobody knows wtf I'm talking about when I say my 'team' contains a bungee, a teeple, and a squishy...

BTW Does anyone know if it is possible to give names to the ones that are caught with the pokewalker? I can't find an option...

And ot poke-noob question - what do you do with pokemon you catch but then don't want? Can you kill them? Use them for parts? Sell them? Or just set them free?

-Atashi

you can change the name on your pokemons in goldenrod city, only go north untill you almost have left the city then turn left and in to the purple tent

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nope, unless I'm feeling silly, but then the nicknames usually end up having to do with sex or drugs.
A friend of mine wants to be a "trainer of balls" in every game, so he nicknames his pokeymanz accordingly.
For example: Charizard = Fireball, Beedrill = Insectball, Raticate = Normalball etc.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes, I name my Unown the letter they are, and recently I renamed my ExtremeSpeed Dragonair "Babie" cause she's the baby of my team that I'm training up. The rest of the ones I catch I don't name. I may rename my main team later with names that fit their personalities in battle.

G

GentleFist

i nickname all pokemon i use but i dont use many usually i only use one and thats charmander... called Zippo x3 my totodile is on my team called Dino but i dont really use it~~

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
after khreborn because box animals = pokeymonz

Trainer - Tsuna(i dont play as the girl because she sucks.)

Quiliva - Natsu
Scyther - Squalo
Flaffy(sp) - Garyuu
Beedrill(for future fly mule? can it even fly?) - Lambo
Ghastly - Torikabuto

Rival.. should be G. or giotto? eh.

zerods

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sometimes when I'm just trying to skip all the dialogue that I've heard over 9000 times by rapidly bashing the A button, I accidentally press 'yes' for the nickname option.

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't really played the new ones, but back with Red/Blue, to piss off my friends, I'd nickname them other Pokemon's names.
For example:

PIKACHU would be called GEODUDE.

So when playing my buddies, they'd see "is about to use GEODUDE.", so they'd pick their Squirtle and I'd roflstomp their face into oblivion.
Gets a little bitchy when organizing a collection though!

ShaDeFinale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PONYTA the BULBASAUR has something to say about that.
I did that too until my friends wised up and picked no everytime, switching in after I did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!