• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never said I was an Atheist, note the word "Theistic," as in I believe in a literal beings. I am basically a Pagan at my core. I just don't believe in the Biblical God, there's a difference. Pagans are not inherently Christians because they believe in other Gods.
But I do not worship anything, I see them are guides and teachers on my journey. Worship is something completely different.
Like I said though, I am actually religious, but that does not equal the same "religious," as a Christian meaning. I have my believes that are not inherently Christian.
I could be considered partially Wicca, though I am aggressive and delusional at times. I simply just hope that extreme Christians can stop acting in such offensive manners and be a bit more reasonable.
I have talk to several Christian Wiccan and they do say how people are terribly misinterpreting Jesus. He never wants blind believers, it is just the religion seeking political power.
And how Christians treat Jews.
I do have to point out that god is underpowered compared to the description of the creator in other mythology.
Right now I was trying to figure out a way to witness the birth of this reality (by which I mean possibly much beyond this universe), hope my pathetic intelligence can survive all these information. The two biggest question is why physics is constructed in such a way and also how does sentience ever came.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I could be considered partially Wicca, though I am aggressive and delusional at times. I simply just hope that extreme Christians can stop acting in such offensive manners and be a bit more reasonable.
I have talk to several Christian Wiccan and they do say how people are terribly misinterpreting Jesus. He never wants blind believers, it is just the religion seeking political power.
And how Christians treat Jews.
I do have to point out that god is underpowered compared to the description of the creator in other mythology.
Right now I was trying to figure out a way to witness the birth of this reality (by which I mean possibly much beyond this universe), hope my pathetic intelligence can survive all these information. The two biggest question is why physics is constructed in such a way and also how does sentience ever came.
I am not sure I totally follow this posts relation to my post. Not to be rude, but it seems a little off-topic from my post :unsure:

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
despite chatting with muslims *right here*, muslims who *disapprove* of ISIS, directly debunking your hypothesis that "the evil muslims" are everywhere.

You don't appear to understand my hypothesis, just because some muslims disapprove of ISIS doesn't directly debunk anything.

You definitely are not responsible for the actions of other people, no matter how big of a hyperbole you use. Group responsibility is a totalitarian idea that has no place in contemporary society, if my neighbour kills someone, I'm not an accomplice just because I live in the same building.

No, but you are an accomplice if you agree with him and cheer him on.

Mosques are getting burned down, people are getting killed in reprisal attacks

I don't condone Mosques being burned down, I think anyone responsible should be found and held accountable. However a lot of liberal Muslims do use these isolated occurrences to justify what the terrorists do (as it appears do you).

and the fear of refugees is at an all-time high, and all that is happening in civilized, western countries - they're pretty persecuted. Nobody wants to ban jewish immigration as far as I know.

They aren't persecuted at all. A lot of muslims have congregated in areas because they only want to live with other Muslims, they don't want to integrate and so they don't. They want to look different (which isn't the right way to get a job) and so they don't get a job. That isn't persecution. We've been pretty tolerant for a long time, providing interpreters so that people aren't forced to learn English etc. Apparently it was all in vain as a lot of them secretly (and others not so secretly) still hate us anyway.

I can't speak for the US but in Europe the fear of immigrants is more about the financial impact as we have free health care and unemployment benefits. So if you turn up with your family you will get housed. We just don't want to pay for people to live, just because they are fleeing from ISIS but they then get upset because the west wants to bomb ISIS out of existence.

Good quote that I agree with, but I'm not sure I like the context it's being used in. Your whole argument is giving me strong 1984 vibes.

Whether you like the context or what vibes it's giving you is irrelevant. We have all been conditioned a certain way, which obviously isn't paying off and your feelings are a reaction to that.

It's a mock-religion - they say they've picked Satan as a role model because he was "truly free", but we all know the reason was more immature than that - they just wanted to piss off Christians. "Look at us, we're more than Atheists - we're SATANISTS!" - real mature.

That sounds like pretty much every religion to me.

I'm not muslim, bro.

I didn't say you were, the "You" was anyone reading.

That comparison is extreme to say the least. Having the same religion as someone doesn't mean being associated with that person.

Having the same religion absolutely associates you with other people of that religion. Humans like to label things, including ourselves. If you say you are a vegetarian then I would assume you don't eat meat. If you belong to an organisation that says it's members are better than others and it's ok to murder them, then I would expect all members to have the same view.

There are many christian murderes, it doesn't mean you condone murder if you're christian.

The ten commandments are pretty clear on that, but when a Christian commits a murder in the name of Christianity then Christians do condemn it.

With Charlie Hebdo the Muslim reaction appeared to be "well the victims did draw some pictures".

European countries like UK, France and Russia has kind of had a very shitty attitude with many countries in the world for some centuries now.

In the past yes, there were Muslim invasions of other countries too. You can't use that to justify killing someone today.

As an example, France and the UK have tried so many times to stop my country, Brazil, from growing its own industry that we only stopped being a rural country because World War II happened and we had the opportunity to grow our industry without european intervention. You might think I am exaggerating, but I kid you not. One of my country's president actually received a written threat from France demanding him to halt his plans for investing in our industry.

I would like to see evidence of this. UK politicians blame the EU for lots of things, quite often it's completely fabricated.

Guys I am a good debater in this.. If you are an atheist and want a good debate with a believer like me please quote me!

because its too many pages i don't wanna go through all pages replying to you guys

Well God said himself he put in mankind a feeling giving them theres a GOD

How can you have a good debate with an atheist if you are going to use an argument that requires you to believe in god?
My answer to that is "God didn't say anything because he didn't exist". Just because you have a feeling that god exists and someone wrote that god says he put a feeling in mankind, that doesn't prove anything.

All through the centuries people "worship" stars moon planets ETC everyone on earth is religious. God made us like that

You might be an atheist but there is something that you worship or believe! ALL humans on earth are religious

Just because humanity has looked for things to worship, it doesn't mean we are right to do so.[/QUOTE]

Sad thing is people don't realize religion isn't needed to say "Hey I believe in GOD and the bible"

The word religion is used in various ways, but you seem to be nitpicking.

You do realize unicorn isn't really a one horned horse its a extinct kind of rhino

Dictionary and other google searches will pull this up

There are a lot of theories, until we find evidence then that is all it is.. Or we could invent a religion about them and all we'd need is circular reasoning and remove the need evidence.

Last edited by smf,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is honestly so full of disgusting logical fallacies that I would love to tear apart every single thing you said but I'm taking my senior finals so it will have till I get home unfortunately. As an atheist I am disgusted by what you are saying about Muslims.
I know what you mean. I made an attempt earlier, but the constant stream of stereotypes and generalizations seems to drown out all reason in this case, so I fold.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? The one thing ALL branches and offsets of Christian faith has in common is the 10 commandments. Anybody who commits murder is NOT a Christian. Period. Calling yourself something or associating yourself with something doesn't make it so.
By that logic neither are anyone who lie, steal, envy, disrespect their parents, etc...
This is honestly so full of disgusting logical fallacies that I would love to tear apart every single thing you said but I'm taking my senior finals so it will have till I get home unfortunately. As an atheist I am disgusted by what you are saying about Muslims.
Same, except replace "finals" with semester exams and "atheist" with Christian

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
By that logic neither are anyone who lie, steal, envy, disrespect their parents, etc...
You are correct - breaking a commandment does not invalidate your status as a Christian, it merely means that you've sinned - you can admit to your sins via confession and repent. Sins are also subdivided into venial (forgivable) sins which do not fully break the connection to God and mortal sins which can condemn a soul to hell if they are unforgiven. The severity (graveness) of a sin can be lessened if the individual was ignorant/uninformed of the fact that his/her act was sinful at the time when he/she committed it.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are correct - breaking a commandment does not invalidate your status as a Christian, it merely means that you've sinned - you can admit to your sins via confession and repent. Sins are also subdivided into venial (forgivable) sins which do not fully break the connection to God and mortal sins which can condemn a soul to hell if they are unforgiven. The severity (graveness) of a sin can be lessened if the individual was ignorant/uninformed of the fact that his/her act was sinful at the time when he/she committed it.
The interesting thing is that from a very young age I was always taught that God sees all sins as the same and only a belief in Jesus could save you. So, for example, a lie would be seen akin to murder in His eyes. I now have a very much different view on life. I've actually come to resent what I was taught about Christianity as a child, when I think about it now it could easily have been seen as teaching religious extremism, yet no one ever complains about things like that near as much as how people complain about any other religion

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Same, except replace "finals" with semester exams and "atheist" with Christian
Nobody is perfect. It's almost impossible to not covet, for example. But you can atone for all of those other things. When you kill somebody, you can't take it back. And when you continually do those other things and never stop, atone, etc... no, you are not a Christian. So I stand by what I said. Ok, maybe with a slight caveat... when you WILFULLY/INTENTIONALLY kill someone, no you are not a Christian. Goes along the lines of suicide. You can't take it back, and it's a mortal sin, so according to even Christians themselves, it's game over and you go straight to hell. (and according to Hollywood, you are sentenced to an eternity of social work :ha:)

Last edited by urherenow,

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The interesting thing is that from a very young age I was always taught that God sees all sins as the same and only a belief in Jesus could save you. So, for example, a lie would be seen akin to murder in His eyes. I now have a very much different view on life. I've actually come to resent what I was taught about Christianity as a child, when I think about it now it could easily have been seen as teaching religious extremism, yet no one ever complains about things like that near as much as how people complain about any other religion
I would say that when the old refer seven sins it is not god or Jesus to deliver this punishment. (In a way the real sin of Christianity is to possess intelligence and sentience) It is about way of life and to not be consumed by negativity and if you have done wrong vengeance (or justice but when get consumed by hate) can come earlier than after life.
I might be considered pure evil since I did have the idea of screw over everyone not even for fun. I am taking a risky approach to contain it but the chance of getting worse is of course bigger. But my biggest fear is indeed myself, though I am often scared by other stuff.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nobody is perfect. It's almost impossible to not covet, for example. But you can atone for all of those other things. When you kill somebody, you can't take it back. And when you continually do those other things and never stop, atone, etc... no, you are not a Christian. So I stand by what I said. Ok, maybe with a slight caveat... when you WILFULLY/INTENTIONALLY kill someone, no you are not a Christian. Goes along the lines of suicide. You can't take it back, and it's a mortal sin, so according to even Christians themselves, it's game over and you go straight to hell. (and according to Hollywood, you are sentenced to an eternity of social work :ha:)
The punishment can come much earlier than death. Vengeance will come to you if you kill.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why is suicide a sin? I'm not for suicide but saying killing someone else and killing yourself are on the same level and deserve the same punishment is ridiculous.
Because you must live with that guilt and wait either for forgiveness or vengeance, it is cowardly to suicide. Yet I highly doubt I would be able to control myself.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because you must live with that guilt and wait either for forgiveness or vengeance, it is cowardly to suicide. Yet I highly doubt I would be able to control myself.
I've never researched this but I'm pretty sure most people who commit suicide do so out of sadness and depression not guilt. Not all but most. I don't see why good people who had terrible lives should be punished.

Reactions: Deleted User

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a Happy Happyist and I believe that if you aren't one of us, you deserve to get struck by lightning.
And become Captain Marvel or the Flash? cool. And I wonder how to replicate that. Electricity that triggers transmutation before damage.
But seriously this is worse than extremists. And have no believers be struck by thunder?

D

Deleted User

And become Captain Marvel or the Flash? cool. And I wonder how to replicate that. Electricity that triggers transmutation before damage.
But seriously this is worse than extremists. And have no believers be struck by thunder?
I was just kidding. That's supposed to be a reference to EarthBound.

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never researched this but I'm pretty sure most people who commit suicide do so out of sadness and depression not guilt. Not all but most. I don't see why good people who had terrible lives should be punished.
Maybe religion do not want to lose population, believers, and more importantly someone they can control. In older days especially get infected by disease and stuff is incurable and painful, and chruch would run out of money if all the sick suicide and stop donating money.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Another thing while the devil do exist, Lucifer just means falling sun. It is a king (which is an old kingdom of humans, you should find reference in the bible) who refer himself falling like how a day ends. And someone just have to create some non-existence angels and label the old gods as demons. The old gods and devil are enemies.
But I guess having some believers does make him true now. (there is a theory how believes can actually bring an imaginary entity to our world and bring him power, so I guess even if god/ Jesus (as superhuman rather than just king of Jews) was imaginary they are real now. But do know believes cannot make one with the power of the creator) Real good job bringing the Christian devil to life, Luciferian. (Just to be clear that was to be sarcasm)

Last edited by Yil,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Mortal sins are not "game over", they can be forgiven and atoned for. Moreover, killing another person knowingly is not necessarily unforgivable - you could kill another person because of circumstance (you can willingly and knowingly kill a mugger who threatens you, for instance). You could also kill someone because you're in a dark place in your life (because of drugs, poverty etc.), that doesn't mean that you can't have regrets or can't ask for forgiveness. Atonement doesn't necessarily mean that things are back to the way they were before the sin - atonement is an attempt at making things right. There isn't a sin you can't atone for and it's never too late to rediscover faith. Christianity, by definition, is a religion of forgiveness - many Christians forget that. The gospel is pretty clear about this - the last thing Christ did on the cross was forgiving everyone, including those who mocked, tortured and killed him. In fact, he specifically said that the criminal who expressed regret and wished to atone will sit with him in the heavens the same day. Seeing that Christians are supposed to follow that example, they are supposed to forgive those who truthfuly seek forgiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright