Hacking Do we need a CycloDS2?

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just thinking about how when the CycloDS was first released almost TWO years ago, it was hands down the best flashcart on the market. Fast forward almost two years and the CycloDS has continued to impress with some great new features and the same reliability. I've heard people (not here) talking about how the CycloDS has been out long enough and they should release another flashcart. Aside from them releasing a DSi version, I completely disagree. Even though I wouldn't mind the menu update that was announced last year, I have always been impressed with the overall quality of the CycloDS.

What do you think? Even though the flashcart itself is great, the same flashcart has been on the market for two years without a replacement (well the first batch of them were canned, but you know what I mean). Should they release a new improved flashcart?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, the CycloDS has a very supportive team and is constantly updated.
There will never be a need for another Cyclo unless it has DSi mode features unlocked.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Second that
biggrin.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only reason Team Cyclo should even release another flashcart is to deal with the DSi blocks, they have no reason to release another flashcart when the CycloDS is still doing so well.

Don't feel fooled by M3 team's whims to saturate the flashcart market with a handful of their own carts, it's not necessary.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would buy an EDGEi for $10 to $15 if it works after a 1.4 DSi update.
I would not pay $30 to $40 for another CycloDS or for a CycloDSi no matter whut!
Not even if they fix the "continue after disablling cheats" function, which has never worked for me.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

leiger

Trophies
XP
Country
BurlyEd said:
I would buy an EDGEi for $10 to $15 if it works after a 1.4 DSi update.
I would not pay $30 to $40 for another CycloDS or for a CycloDSi no matter whut!
Not even if they fix the "continue after disablling cheats" function, which has never worked for me.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

There is no "continue after disabling cheats" function -- so that would explain why it has never worked for you
rolleyes.gif

I prefer the great customer service provided by TC. They listen to our feature requests and get most game fixes out before other flash cart developers do (an exception is GTA:CTW, where it took a while to get that working for everyone, but generally fixes are out straight away - sometimes within 24 hours of the game's release)

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if the cycloDS was a flashcart that was lacking in features, then yes a second cart would be fine... but it is the most featurefull (not a word) flashcart around and a second one is completely un needed (except for dsi)

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What I was trying to say it that the only Enhanced Feature that I would really like to use, that the CycloDS2 has and the EDGE does not, is the Cheat Code Enable/Suspend feature. But that results in a freeze-up, when I select Return to Game, so often that I do cannot trust using it if I cannot save before I reset. Therefore I usually a $9.65 EDGE most of the time.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.21973

I personally like EDGE better than anything else except my Evo andsee no reason to pay 4 times as much for features I never use.

@leiger
If you did not realize that the Evo has a place to "continue after disabling cheats" in its Enhanced Features menu, then you must not use the Enhanced Features much either. It is:
1. Cheat Code: Suspend
2. Return to Game
3. Either it returns to the game as it is supposed to or it locks up the DS requiring cycling the power.

:grog
lecture.gif

leiger

Trophies
XP
Country
BurlyEd said:
@leiger
If you did not realize that the Evo has a place to "continue after disabling cheats" in its Enhanced Features menu, then you must not use the Enhanced Features much either. It is:
1. Cheat Code: Suspend
2. Return to Game
3. Either it returns to the game as it is supposed to or it locks up the DS requiring cycling the power.
Yes, I knew that... from what I could tell it sounded like you expected it to automatically return to the game, whereas in reality it waits for you to actually select that choice in the enhanced menu.

I haven't had any problems with the enhanced menu features at all, except for the very unlikely freeze when using RTS (I make sure I save and load in a similar game state, which has meant the feature works perfectly fine for me now)

As for cheats - no problems whatsoever. Is it possible you have a corrupt file on the microSD? A corrupt file anywhere on the flash memory card can have a huge impact on seemingly unrelated things...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays