Do not get stung!!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Friction Baby, Jan 22, 2008.

Jan 22, 2008

Do not get stung!! by Friction Baby at 3:58 PM (916 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Friction Baby
    OP

Member Friction Baby GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    This seller sold me what I believed was an authentic 4GB Sony memory card which in fact turned out
    to be a counterfeit 1GB Sony card but appearance wise it looked like a 4GB card, so after dealing
    with the seller he shipped me a new card at MY expense. The the new card they sent me was defective?
    So once again they wanted me to send it back but it is getting to costly for me at this point in shipping
    charges.(And at this point I could have bought it retail and saved myself the trouble and expense)
    I compared the packaging to a retail card and they are different packaging by the way. I tried
    to give them the benefit of the doubt but they are very unreasonable and refused to co-operate!

So buyer's BEWARE you may be a lucky one according to his feedback or you might be as unlucky as I was and end up getting stung!

Here is the auction:

eBay.ca item 290182720313

2. martin88

Member martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    You shouldn't bother buying it on eBay in the first place. The risk of fakes is just too high in my opinion.

I got my 4GB Sony Memory Stick in a retail store.

3. Dio

Member Dio WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

United States
    You need to report them to Sony so that you'll get a refund, AND they'll be unable to sell any more fakes. It's illegal to sell fakes.

Just remember when you think you're getting a good deal on eBay, you're not.

4. Extreme Coder

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Golden rule of eBay.

5. Carnivean

Member Carnivean STARMAN

United Kingdom
    So many people have bad experiences with fakes yet my 5 I've had since I got the PSP have all worked perfectly. No corruption, no size issues, no problems. I'd say I'm just lucky but I've had no bad experiences at all. [​IMG]