Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted-19228

Deleted-19228 Newbie

The problem is when you make a thread titled "do not buy xxxx product" in all caps. You already look ignorant. That's where this thread initially failed.

2. Mr_Pichu

Mr_Pichu かわいいね!

United States
    You can't become an expert overnight, for some it has taken years to amass their awesome knowledge. Read the scene threads and you will be up to speed in a few weeks, a month tops.

3. Ericzander

Ericzander Always sleeps.
    Reviewer

Somalia
    @Jarrad I'm really sorry about the way the community is acting. Even if they do think it's silly that you're having these issues, it is not cool how you're being treated. Don't let it discourage you from enjoying the site. They just haven't read the sticky telling them to be... decent.

Did you end up finding the site that works? Like I said before we can't link it, but in the first page of this thread somebody did a "Let me Google that for you" search and I HIIIGHLY recommend that you click it again. Hint hint.

As for your card issue... Well... It's just your card. You must have gotten it from a shitty retailer and I'm sorry about that. Instead of saying that we shouldn't buy Sky devices, maybe say not to buy from that particular source. It would have avoided a lot of drama.

As for everyone else... Just chill out. Jeez, it's honestly embarrassing.

Jarrad likes this.
  4. Nightwish

Nightwish GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    Especially about CFW. I didn't really follow very carefully, but they were just coming left and right with different abilities and ways to install that just flew over my head. If one wasn't paying attention one would have a hard time figuring it all out.

Ericzander likes this.
  5. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    The issue here isn't the community.. He came in and attacked the card due to one bad experience.. and then claims:

"For example, the sky3DS may claim to allow you to switch games, but it doesn't. (Obviously I know there are some of you with a sky3ds card that works perfectly. good for you.) but a lot of what sky3ds ship out is faulty."

Which is also incorrect. He started out blindly bashing the card, and then attacking anyone who said otherwise. Is it REALLY the community to blame? (Kind of)

Quantumcat and Deleted-355425 like this.
  6. StriderVM

StriderVM GBAtemp Fan

Relax mate. ;)

Alright, PM me and I'll try to help ya out. :)

7. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    lol so tryhard.

OP shouldn't make a bad thread if he doesn't want to get bashed for it. Especially given his obvious ineptitude. Would've been more constructive to just make a thread asking for help to fix any problems. I mean he can't even find ROMs, which most people can find (for free) in about 5 minutes on google.

Memoir and VinsCool like this.
  8. Sunny_lovely

Sunny_lovely Member
    Newcomer

India
    I bought sky3ds and I am happily playing with it , with no hassles ^_^
    So you should really delete this thread or edit the title(if its possible?)
    No need to bash , just keep calm and research more

Quantumcat likes this.
  9. lolz5521

lolz5521 GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    glad my sky3ds working fine. I'm using PNY micro sd card though and it doesn't have any problems, maybe try format your micro sd to different format?

10. Scavvy

Scavvy Newbie
    Newcomer

I got attracted to this thread from the title and stayed for the comments :P. Been a fun time killer.

I agree with everybody who said that you shouldn't put the title as "DO NOT BUY blah blah because of blah blah"; Faults are bound to happen. Faulty products are bound to be made. I hope after reading through all the comments that you managed to contact your reseller and discussed a replacement or a refund. Problems most likely from the card itself.

As for finding roms / the waiting time; Try torrents.

Best of luck though!

11. Jarrad

OP Jarrad GBAtemp Fan

What's pissing me off most about this thread are the fucking twits like you that have a huge inability to read. Maybe this will help:

I KNOW HOW TO FIND ROMS. I HAVE FOUND ROMS MYSELF. THE ISSUE IS THAT EVERYBODY IS CONSTANTLY TRYING TO MAKE A PROFIT FROM THEM.

Seriously, if you're here and you're going to leave a comment about how I can't "Use google to find roms" or how you assume that I'm "Paying money for a rom service" Then just close your browser.

Getting tired of all of the children on this thread.

12. nervx

nervx GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Is this "I cant find roms that I don't have to pay for" thing a ploy to try and get someone to link you to roms since you actually cant find them yourself?

13. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

simple answer.....because the sites that have paywalls generally leave dodgy content up for longer, and the uploaders an said sites dont want to have to re-upload a game every 10 minutes as it gets removed from mega and google drive generally within a day or 2......could they F**k be arsed re-uploading every game every 2 days just so cry babies don't have to wait 30 seconds to start a download, or have to wait 2 hours to download rather than 10 minutes, those guys doing the uploading and those hosting sites offering free downloads are doing you a service, you could try acting just a little less ungrateful....what exactly are you doing for them?

Nightwish likes this.
  14. Jarrad

OP Jarrad GBAtemp Fan

I'm doing noting, as they're doing nothing for me.

15. lolz5521

lolz5521 GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    Exactly my though... they upload the files, we download it, and I appreciate their effort. And I willing to pay for supporting them. Even just few cents...

16. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Greece
    Read my PM

17. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

Germany
    The guy is just a boastful asshole.
    Instead of asking for help, he comes around with an attitude as he got everything already figured out.
    Then he states BS such as "finding roms without having to pay extortion to download websites is almost impossible".
    Anybody that knows how to read, as he says once and again, would realize that the second link from google people kept hinting is full of MEGA links.
    Links that are completely free to use and have very fast download speeds.
    Even so he still comes again with this "I KNOW HOW TO FIND ROMS. I HAVE FOUND ROMS MYSELF. THE ISSUE IS THAT EVERYBODY IS CONSTANTLY TRYING TO MAKE A PROFIT FROM THEM. "
    Something everybody and their dog in this thread already knows to be BS.
    He fails to learn from his mistakes, he has a boastful self-deluded jerk attitude and really pisses off everybody trying to help.
    This guy should already be banned for breaking havoc, just ignore him, he doesn't deserve better.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    siFippo and Quantumcat like this.
  18. NeroAngelo

NeroAngelo Clueless Importer

Libya
    this can't be real ... has to be a troll post, there is far too much "dumb" in it for it to be real ... right?

Deleted-355425 and curley12 like this.
  19. Fire_Slasher

Fire_Slasher GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Bought mine back in february I think, Old 3DS model, and none of the problems you mentioned seem to have ocurred with me. About the Roms...I obviously can't link ya to anything but really I download from 3 sites and one of them is ridiculously popular and you don't have to pay anything for the said roms. I don't mean to be rude but you don't seem to know how to properly look for trusted websites and all that basic stuff.

20. ldeveraux

ldeveraux GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No one is trying to profit from roms. Pay the server cost maybe, but not profit. This is a losing battle for you buddy...

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - SKY3DS,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.