Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebobevil said:
jalaneme said:
there is console versions of the pokemon games on the gameboy/DS coliseum and XD gale of darkness on the cube, they are not that good however though but it's the closest you will get to a full 3D pokemon game.

Yes, they do suck like a $5 whore when the fleet's in town.

Wouldn't a full-blown free roamer be great though?

yeah i have to agree, me and my friends were talking about this the other day. A full 3D Silver/Gold remake would be the greatest thing to ever happen in my life. I'd prefer it on the Wii holding the Wiimote 'NES' Style (no bullshit Wiimote controls). Damn it Nintendo, try something new.

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I bought Pokemon Diamond on EU release date! I forced myself to play it since you can't return it once the seal is open. Then I got to Victory Road...

Random battles continuously. Once, every 2 steps I took was a random battle; it lasted for around 5 battles.
'Don't step on wild grass if you don't want to be attacked by wild pokemon'. Every square outside a town is filled with tall grass!

Slow battle system. '_____ Appeared', '______ is sent out', '_______ is sleeping *insert 10 seconds animation here*'
'It's sunny'. Wow, really? Do I need to know that for 10 seconds? Can't you just place an icon there showing the conditions?
'____ is confused' every turn. I know he's confused! Why can't you just tell me whenever he hits himself?
Annoying trainers that you can't just say 'no' to. My pokemon are DIEING and I still have to fight fresh new pokemon? I mean, aren't there other trainers for them to fight? Am I the only target? Do they hate me for trying to play this horrible game? Why do they just stand there in a dark cave, day and night? Don't wild pokemon attack them? Don't they have a home to go to?
Super Repels are useless because you need to be 20 levels higher than the wild for it to have a full effect.

All this garbage about 'EV' training and 'IV's and 'Egg Moves' just ruins the fun and makes the game into a desperate life-consuming parade looking for attention.

You'll have to be a complete no life to play this game, seriously.

With the DS' specs, they could've done a lot more to this game rather than sticking to the boring idea. I liked Pokemon Blue but the releases after Silver really got a bit annoying.

Most of you don't know how it feels to spend hard-earned money on a piece of crap
hate2.gif

That was when I decided to get an R4 so only real games deserve to be bought and profited upon.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^you would have gotten $25 for it if you sold it used the day after...
But i don't know what you're talking about, if you hated the battle animation, turn it off in the options, and everything after silver/gold got a bit lame, although R/S/E weren't too bad, but D/P would have been completely horrible if they didn't add WiFi.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seazn said:
Slow battle system. '_____ Appeared', '______ is sent out', '_______ is sleeping *insert 10 seconds animation here*'
'It's sunny'. Wow, really? Do I need to know that for 10 seconds? Can't you just place an icon there showing the conditions?
'____ is confused' every turn. I know he's confused! Why can't you just tell me whenever he hits himself?
You can turn off battle animations in the game options.

QUOTEAnnoying trainers that you can't just say 'no' to. My pokemon are DIEING and I still have to fight fresh new pokemon? I mean, aren't there other trainers for them to fight? Am I the only target? Do they hate me for trying to play this horrible game? Why do they just stand there in a dark cave, day and night? Don't wild pokemon attack them? Don't they have a home to go to?
Super Repels are useless because you need to be 20 levels higher than the wild for it to have a full effect.
Wow. You must really, really be terrible at Pokemon if you find Diamond/Pearl a challenge.

silentreapr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Seazn said:
I bought Pokemon Diamond on EU release date! I forced myself to play it since you can't return it once the seal is open. Then I got to Victory Road...

Random battles continuously. Once, every 2 steps I took was a random battle; it lasted for around 5 battles.
'Don't step on wild grass if you don't want to be attacked by wild pokemon'. Every square outside a town is filled with tall grass!

Annoying trainers that you can't just say 'no' to. My pokemon are DIEING and I still have to fight fresh new pokemon? I mean, aren't there other trainers for them to fight? Am I the only target? Do they hate me for trying to play this horrible game? Why do they just stand there in a dark cave, day and night? Don't wild pokemon attack them? Don't they have a home to go to?

All this garbage about 'EV' training and 'IV's and 'Egg Moves' just ruins the fun and makes the game into a desperate life-consuming parade looking for attention.

Shit, you're right. These all must be new features in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. I mean, I'm sure in Blue and Red I could never encounter Pokemon by walking in grass, and I could always say no to a Trainer battle if I didn't want to. The Super Repels worked great because they worked for Pokemon 20 levels above me. Man these new features are horrible.

By the way, for your information EV training and IVs.. they were part of the game since the beginning. Ever wonder why your rare-candied level 100 Pokemon always lost to the same level 100 Pokemon that someone trained up manually?

And, again, just for your information: when a game is a series, it usually means they're going to fairly similar. Oh look! Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship series, every game that's come out I've had to duel people continuously for games. I mean, god. Castlevania? Every game in the series I've had to go around killing demons and vampires.. you'd think could've changed the formula.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theclaw said:
Yes, we all know many GBATempers have "ways" of acquiring games that aren't so legit...

What, what are you talkin about?
unsure.gif

After all this is a site dedicated to legally purchasing games.

I"m playing Pokemon Blue right now, i'm in a little competition with two other guys, first one to beat it gets $10

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
One of the reasons Nintendo has been releasing more Pokemon games in the series for years is that: it wants to innovate on there new game systems.

Pokemon started in Gameboy. With Pokemon Blue, Red, and Green. Classic, 2 colored games. But story is great.

Then Nintendo made Gameboy COLOR, so they decided to release a game that has the story of Ash&Pikachu(TV series) and use the power of the handheld system's COLOR to change the color scheme each time the main character enters a city. Still same story but hell, you got a pikachu kissing your ass while you walk! This is the first pokemon game i enjoyed playing.

Then they made Pokemon Silver, Gold and Crystal. Things became far more advanced than before. There were LEGENDARIES in the title screen. Which i think is a GOAL in the game, a path. The plot is the best i've seen in the series. So the GSC in my opinion is the best.

Gameboy Advanced came in. Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald emerged. And boy they changed the graphics engine. Music is better, graphics is better. And the story is fine. Features are added because of the capabilities of the GBA.

Then came the DS. Its as you see now. Same but with 3D bg. And new features.

Through the years i loved the games so i think Nintendo will keep making games until there are no more gamers in the planet. No matter how cliche the story, we will always love it.

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'm so torn with the new story and new antagonist... the "galactic" corp. and the stupid weakass rival.

the starter sets have messed up rock-paper-scissor combination because they all have 2 types...

torterra can beat Empoleon + infernape with earthquake
infernape can beat empoleon with a fight attack
empoleon can beat torterra with ice beam etc etc

I got through the first 8 badges with 3 level 40 pokemon only. That's WAY too easy.

I miss the old team rocket. I want the remake of GSC.

edit:

i think one way to really enjoy these games is to lose yourself from reality and really think in the mind of a kid again... owning your FIRST pokemon, training it from day to night (like tomogochi, remember those?)... capturing new pokemon, making new friends and battle it out with link cable! eventually, get to the point where you now want to breed your own pokemon to make an army of elites....

another way to enjoy yourself in boring game battles is to do live narration and to use your imagination during pokemon battles. Embarrassingly enough, I voice act what I would say... what my pokemon would say when engaging in battle... what the antagonist would say and how their pokemon would react when they die! It's hella funny if you record yourself =_= I guess using my inner-child's imagination, this game has totally become more appealing.

so all in all, use your imagination and live like a kid again
smile.gif

lastly, don't cheat using pokesav or action replay, they really take away all the agony of training your pokemon and you'll miss out on the feeling of reward when your prized pokemon beats a digitally-modified one
tongue.gif

NoseBleed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The feature I'm most looking forward to in the next Pokémon game is the impossibility to cheat, with hacked Pokémon, Online.

Also, ditching Friend Codes and having an amazing Leader Board with Tournaments would be nice!

Oh, wait, this is Nintendo and they're still stuck in the 90's... not gunna happen.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
But we never know what will happen next. Maybe sometime they'll introduce the cross between Mystery Dungeon and the RPG series.

Just look at Pokemon Ranger, it shows they are not ready to be stuck in the same old style.
Yes, Battle Revolution is still like Battle Stadium but Pokemon GX (for NGC) had been a different style from what they normally release.

As long as there are young 21st century people in the development and planning teams, Nintendo will make more innovative and interesting games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...