Hacking Do Loadiine / Homebrew take advantage of UHS (30MB+) speeds?

Soul_Alchemist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm seeing people recommending or using 90+MB/s SD cards left and right.

"UHS-type memory cards are not compatible". According to Nintendo. But maybe the hardware is capable of UHS speeds and it just needs to be enabled via software? (I doubt it, but it would be really nice!)

And yes, I know any SD will work, but if UHS isn't supported the speed limit goes down to the standard SD speed of 25MB/s max.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1263/~/what-sd-cards-are-compatible?

linnethsilv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the system doesn't use the speeds of UHS its mostly limited to class 10 speed but those UHS speeds are useful when transferring files from pc to the sd card

Reactions: uyjulian

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
No; with the note that this by some reports seems to be very microSD/Game(???) specific, and I am leaning myself on the microSD itself - best last mile speedup for game loading is a 64Kb allocation format.
For me this was great help, and many others also report making games load quite speedy, even Bayonetta performance improvements. Some others report doubling of their loading times and still not sure what is up with that. Could be some SD cards just do not like 64Kb allocation, could be small time names in manufacturing while I use Kingston myself.

Vegeta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No; with the note that this by some reports seems to be very microSD/Game(???) specific, and I am leaning myself on the microSD itself - best last mile speedup for game loading is a 64Kb allocation format.
For me this was great help, and many others also report making games load quite speedy, even Bayonetta performance improvements. Some others report doubling of their loading times and still not sure what is up with that. Could be some SD cards just do not like 64Kb allocation, could be small time names in manufacturing while I use Kingston myself.

Yeah, my SD card, a 128GB Qumox UHS-1 was much slower with 64Kb allocation. Works great with the default of 32Kb.

dashkiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Transcent 64GB Class 10, when using 32kb allocation size, Bayonetta 2 lags a lot and is almost unplayable. After reading this thread I tried setting it to 64kb, and now Bayonetta 2 plays almost perfect (little frame drop here and there but so much better). Thanks Sumea :gba:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-