Do Loadiine / Homebrew take advantage of UHS (30MB+) speeds?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Soul_Alchemist, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Soul_Alchemist
    OP

Soul_Alchemist Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2008
    I'm seeing people recommending or using 90+MB/s SD cards left and right.

"UHS-type memory cards are not compatible". According to Nintendo. But maybe the hardware is capable of UHS speeds and it just needs to be enabled via software? (I doubt it, but it would be really nice!)

And yes, I know any SD will work, but if UHS isn't supported the speed limit goes down to the standard SD speed of 25MB/s max.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1263/~/what-sd-cards-are-compatible?

2. linnethsilv

linnethsilv Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2014
    United States
    the system doesn't use the speeds of UHS its mostly limited to class 10 speed but those UHS speeds are useful when transferring files from pc to the sd card

julialy likes this.
  3. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    No; with the note that this by some reports seems to be very microSD/Game(???) specific, and I am leaning myself on the microSD itself - best last mile speedup for game loading is a 64Kb allocation format.
    For me this was great help, and many others also report making games load quite speedy, even Bayonetta performance improvements. Some others report doubling of their loading times and still not sure what is up with that. Could be some SD cards just do not like 64Kb allocation, could be small time names in manufacturing while I use Kingston myself.

4. Vegeta

Vegeta GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2002
    Yeah, my SD card, a 128GB Qumox UHS-1 was much slower with 64Kb allocation. Works great with the default of 32Kb.

5. dashkiller

dashkiller Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2008
    Swaziland
    Transcent 64GB Class 10, when using 32kb allocation size, Bayonetta 2 lags a lot and is almost unplayable. After reading this thread I tried setting it to 64kb, and now Bayonetta 2 plays almost perfect (little frame drop here and there but so much better). Thanks Sumea :gba: