Hacking Do I need to keep my Vita MC?

slider1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question to anyone who might have the answer. I purchased a 1000 Vita and I'm currently on 3.60 with Enso. I'm setting up sd2vita with a 256GB sd card.
Now do I need to keep my 16GB vita memory card?
I know the 1000 has no internal storage and it would be fail safe to have the memory card.

But even if the sd2vita or sd card fails could I not just replace them with a ux0 backup of the homebrew files?

Is there a CFW setup for the 1000 that won't matter if I have an official memory card?
Recover from the browser exploit etc?

Is there a situation I'm not considering?

Thanks for any feedback.

GaiusSavarin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Better keep the Memory card, with a back up of all the system files of the console (mainly the hombrew enabler), give it some other use, for homebrew, emulation or anything else. Since yours is a model 1000, you'll need that memory card, were your SD2VITA to malfunction, you'll be in trouble if you no longer have it with you.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can sell the 16GB and get 4GB like tech3475 said, you need a memory card if you mess up your CFW without jumping through hoop to create an imc0 on a 1000 model.

slider1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just came across IMCUnlock which I am very surprised can free up 2.5GB of internal storage for both the 1000 and 2000 Vita's.
I'm thinking of upgrading to enso_ex and trying IMCUnlock, has anyone tried this successfully? I read a few instances with the older version people bricking their vita's but with the newer 4.0 it looks quite straightforward, there are even some YouTube video's showing people getting the extra storage on a 1000 in about 5 mins.

slider1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big update. So I took the plunge and upgraded to enso_ex 4.5.1 and ran IMCUnlock 4 which did free up 2.5GB of internal storage for my Vita 1000 as ux0 with no memory card inserted! I followed the instructions on the GitHub site, re-installed HENkaku, Enso, VitaShell etc. for my 3.6 Vita and all works fine.
No need for the Vita MC which I can keep or sell, but also if the MC does fail my Vita won't be affected. Profit!

I have to admit I was very nervous running the IMCUnlock but although the instructions and videos are sparse on the internet it's a fairly straightforward tool if you just finished the vita.hacks.guide and upgrade to enso_ex.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-