Hacking Do I need to install some emulator on PSP for it to launch PSX games?

niceme.me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi,

PSP 3004 6.60 PRO, psx eboots not working what I can do about it? Im guessing adding pure psx ISO on PSP SD not gonna work and I get licence error when trying to open eboots(same happens with PSP games that I need to open play as ISO)

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
What version of PRO CFW exactly?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, niceuserna.me

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try the "popsloader" plugin, there are a few versions floating around, with that plugin you can use a lower version of pops on the 6.61 firmware. Some eboots were made for/with older versions of popsloader. (or just avoid the 6x firmware on psp completely, meaning downgrade).

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that's the version of PRO that has problems running PSX Eboots. Update to 6.61 and follow the guide on Wololo for installing Infinity and LME CFW
No offense, but I had nothing but headaches with 6.61. It broke so many plugins designed for 6.60 it was ridiculous. AFAIK, it was basically released for ONE game to use, otherwise, everything else should work fine. None of my POPS games have had trouble on 6.60 PRO C-2, either.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(the best version of pops is 3.52, if I remember correctly, maybe it was 3.51, one of the 4x versions are supposed to be good too ... ... ... ... some versions of pops have random hangs in certain games)

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
No offense, but I had nothing but headaches with 6.61. It broke so many plugins designed for 6.60 it was ridiculous. AFAIK, it was basically released for ONE game to use, otherwise, everything else should work fine. None of my POPS games have had trouble on 6.60 PRO C-2, either.
Davee released a plugin that allows 6.60 plugins to work on 6.61.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-