Hacking Do I need 1.8.6a?

TaintedEon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded 1.8.6 and threw everything on my SD card after using the Panasonic SD Reformatter...and I noticed that they released a new version. Is it needed?
Did it fix any game issues or just the "false card" after soft reset issue?

Also, does a soft reset on the DSi count as hitting the power button once and going to the menu from a game? Or is that something different?

Another side question...I have a 16 gig micro SD card and it takes about 30 minutes to reformat it...is that normal?

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you do need 1.8.6a, only if you use soft reset. It just fixed the "false card" after soft reset issue.

Im not so sure about you 16GB SD, but I dont uses the Panasonic Re-Formatter. I just format it with the Windows Explorer, "Quick Format".

TaintedEon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well is soft reset what I mentioned? Or is that something different?

EDIT: And do I have to reformat my card to put 1.8.6a or can I just add the files?

I haven't put the cart in my DSi...as it comes in tomorrow.
tongue.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how the DSi works as I don't have one... but I'll say this: I cannot see any harm in using 1.8.6a over 1.8.6.

At best, 1.8.6a will fix the problem of false clone detection.
At worst, 1.8.6 will tell you you have a clone after soft reset.

Frostshocker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TaintedEon said:
Also, does a soft reset on the DSi count as hitting the power button once and going to the menu from a game? Or is that something different?

QUOTESoft-Reset

* AKAIO D-Pad combination is L+R+B+A+Down while actively using a ROM. This option must be turned on globally to make use of the Homebrew soft-reset feature.

Basically it brings you back to the last screen you was using before you loaded the rom
I guess the DSi power button could be classed as a soft reset but it isnt what the issue was about with 1.8.6
smile.gif

TaintedEon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see, very cool. That seems like a safer way to get "shiny" pokemon in the games rather than shutting the whole system down and rebooting haha.

Oh and how does the whole "save state" feature work with a game like pokemon? Can I actually start separate games on each save state and play them all at the same time? That'd make getting all 3 starters etc really easy, as well as trading them between games if so.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TaintedEon said:
Ah I see, very cool. That seems like a safer way to get "shiny" pokemon in the games rather than shutting the whole system down and rebooting haha.

Oh and how does the whole "save state" feature work with a game like pokemon? Can I actually start separate games on each save state and play them all at the same time? That'd make getting all 3 starters etc really easy, as well as trading them between games if so.
They're not save states, they're save files assigned to different 'slots'.
So Timmy could have a Pokemanz save file on Slot 1, Jimmy could have his Pokemanz on Slot 2 and not have to worry about switching files around.

TaintedEon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty sweet! How does one go about changing the slots? Is it self-explanatory?

(I don't have my card for another like 8 hours thus all the questions
tongue.gif
)

EDIT:

I am still kind of amazed too that all the features will work in Black/White...are they ever going to patch that to disable wi-fi on the roms, or is that an impossible feat?

Also, will my 2i come pre-flashed to the newest version (1.4.1) or w/e it is? How can I check if not/so? I got it from Real Hot Stuff which everyone recommended to me.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TaintedEon said:
That's pretty sweet! How does one go about changing the slots? Is it self-explanatory?

(I don't have my card for another like 8 hours thus all the questions
tongue.gif
)
Select your game -> Y to bring up Game Properties-> Y to bring up ROM Settings -> Select Save Slot < 1 ~ 9 >

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Caveproductionz said:
Well, akaio 1.8.6a has new loaders included which could be important1.8.6 and 1.8.6a have the same loaders. The only change is the clone detection:QUOTEVersion History
---------------
AK-AIO 1.8.6a
+ Fixed real cart being detected as clone after softreset.

AK-AIO 1.8.6
+ Fixed left spin box somethings having text on it.
+ Fixed spin box width calculation.
+ Cheat Window now uses 60% less memory for scrolling cheats/notes. Finally!
http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=904&f=8

kirlac

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
TaintedEon said:
I believe pokémon has its own soft reset code like L+R+start+select or something that will take you back to the pokémon menu instead of the flashcart menu. It's quicker that way as you don't have to keep loading the ROM.

iTEPB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get the cheats to work with (X)? In the gbareview it says "Highlight game and press (X)", but when I do that it does nothing. I either have to press [Start] then select Cheats from the menu, or press (Y) then press the [cheats] button with the stylist. Just came from the WoodM3 scene and I was able to highlight game (X) loaded cheats. So what gives?
Also is there a way to have the Acekard auto skip the "Press to continue" on boot? Again coming from M3 it automatically did that for me.
Lastly is there a way to have multiple shortcuts, like the WoodM3? There was a Favorites folder, or on boot when the main screen showed, just press (X) to go to shortcut list. Seems the acekard only lets yo have 1 shortcut at a time
frown.gif

More steps to do the same thing on the Acekard.

iTEPB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evo.lve said:
Try making a suggestion on the AKAIO forums.

Oh wait.

Suggestions that do nothing but make you less lazy aren't allowed.

Live with it.

What that directed to me? It wasn't quoted so I'm not sure if it was directed at me or the OP.
I have made a suggestion in AKAIO forums, well Acekard ones.
It's not being less lazy, these features are already implemented on software derived from Acekard source.
Without improvements there would be no innovation.
The GBAtemp review specifically states that (X) pulls up cheats, but it doesn't, also to get into the cheats screen one must press the [cheats] button on screen, or press start then down arrow to cheats.
M3 card auto bypasses loading screen, why can't Acekard?
One shortcut is hard to get used to, coming from software that supports unlimited shortcuts. Even Sakura supports at least 4 last ran shortcuts.
I guess I should of bought a R4.
Your comment wasn't very helpful. But I guess every forum needs a douchebag.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...