Hacking Do external hard drives work in vWii homebrew channel?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,320
  • Replies 8
D

Deleted User

OP
Im planning on getting a 500gb external hard drive to put a butt ton of iso's and roms on to use on my Wii U but I actually dont know if vWii or the homebrew channel supports external hard drives. Does it only support USBs? Sorry if its a stupid question but I dont wanna spend $80 on something I couldn't use.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it supports USB HDD's, if it is a USB powered HDD though make sure you buy a Y Cable as a single USB port on the Wii U may not have enough power to run your HDD

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it supports USB HDD's, if it is a USB powered HDD though make sure you buy a Y Cable as a single USB port on the Wii U may not have enough power to run your HDD

I have a usb hard drive that I use with my wii that runs fine on a single cable. If it works fine with the wii it should run fine on the wii u right or are the usb ports on the wii u underpowered or something?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a usb hard drive that I use with my wii that runs fine on a single cable. If it works fine with the wii it should run fine on the wii u right or are the usb ports on the wii u underpowered or something?
Underpowered. A Y cable will fix this on a Wii U or else you may find game or even certain apps will crash or even worse ruin your HDD

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Trust me, the Wii U has to be used with a Y-cable on those HDDs, you will more than likely ruin it if you don't.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can you leave a hard drive with vwii isos plugged in all the time or will the wiiU automatically format it or nag you to death about doing so?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, hey thats my line +1