Do any wii games require 4 nunchucks?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by hbsnnews, Feb 5, 2009.

Feb 5, 2009
  1. hbsnnews
    OP

Newcomer hbsnnews Newbie

United States
    I know there are games that use 4 remote controls but are there any games that require 4 nunchucks? My son wants 2 more remotes so he has 4 and I just need to know if any of the wii games for 4 players also require the nunchucks. I don't want to buy 2 more of the nunchucks for no reason.

Thank you in advance,

2. Agjsdfd

Member Agjsdfd My title

Any game that requires Nunchuck and has 4 player option would require 4 nunchucks.. obviously...

But I mostly play single player (just 1 wiimote+nunchuck) so I dont know if there is any game out their that requires nunchuck+wiimote and is playable with upto four players.

3. ZenZero

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    not that I know of no

4. Joey Ravn

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    Mr. Smarty Pants can be controlled with up to 4 controllers. I'm sure that Mario Party can be played by 4 people, too.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. I thought you were asking about controllers in general, not nunchucks in particular.

5. Rudolf

Newcomer Rudolf Member

Netherlands
    I have 2 nunchuks and for me that's enough.

For Mario Kart Wii I'd recommend gamecube controllers or Wiimotes + Nunchuks, but that's a rare exception.

6. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    I have not come across any 4-chuck required games. (and i've played quite a few 4-player party games... with all 4 people playing [​IMG])

Mario Vs Sonic can be played with 4-motes and ONE-chuck, which is passed around for certain events (when its one person at a time).

Mario Party is just Wiimote.

And even Mario Kart can be played with 4-motes and 0-chucks.

So, if anyone else knows, cool, but i don't think there are any. (most i've seen are 2-motes, 2-chucks for some random games...i think.)

7. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Red Steel requires 4 nunchuks, but it's pretty poor multiplayer anyway, and some of the mini-games on the Rayman Raving Rabbids games require 4 nunchuks for 4 players.
    I wouldn't bother though, most games are designed to work with just Wiimote in multiplayer - the good ones anyway.

8. Sstew

Member Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

United States
    Some of the Rayman Ravving Rabbids Games require a nunchuck for 4 people. But its only a few mini games, So I wouldnt spend the extra cash, I'd just get the Wii-motes for now.

9. IOwnAndPwnU

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Depends, if you have 4 Wiimotes, you should have 4 nunchuks. Otherwise, 2 out of the 4 people will be unhappy because either they don't like the controller scheme (e.g. SSBB, Mario Kart Wii) or they aren't playing at all.

10. D-Jay

Member D-Jay GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Just take a look at the Controller-Set from Snakebyte.

It comes with a WiiMote and a Nunchuk. I use this as 4th device for friends.
    It's a lot cheaper but no less in quality.

11. Mr.Mister

Member Mr.Mister GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I thought this thread was going to be about 8 player games that require one player per wiimote and nunchuck. If so I was gonna say that one bust-a-move game on Wii is one.