Do any wii games require 4 nunchucks?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by hbsnnews, Feb 5, 2009.

1. hbsnnews
    OP

hbsnnews Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2008
    United States
    I know there are games that use 4 remote controls but are there any games that require 4 nunchucks? My son wants 2 more remotes so he has 4 and I just need to know if any of the wii games for 4 players also require the nunchucks. I don't want to buy 2 more of the nunchucks for no reason.

Thank you in advance,

2. Agjsdfd

Agjsdfd My title

Apr 18, 2007
    Arctica
    Any game that requires Nunchuck and has 4 player option would require 4 nunchucks.. obviously...

But I mostly play single player (just 1 wiimote+nunchuck) so I dont know if there is any game out their that requires nunchuck+wiimote and is playable with upto four players.

3. ZenZero

ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

Mar 12, 2008
    not that I know of no

4. Joey Ravn

Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Aug 29, 2007
    Mr. Smarty Pants can be controlled with up to 4 controllers. I'm sure that Mario Party can be played by 4 people, too.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. I thought you were asking about controllers in general, not nunchucks in particular.

5. Rudolf

Rudolf Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2007
    Netherlands
    I have 2 nunchuks and for me that's enough.

For Mario Kart Wii I'd recommend gamecube controllers or Wiimotes + Nunchuks, but that's a rare exception.

6. WildWon

WildWon EXTERMINATE!

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2008
    United States
    8-Bit Heaven
    I have not come across any 4-chuck required games. (and i've played quite a few 4-player party games... with all 4 people playing [​IMG])

Mario Vs Sonic can be played with 4-motes and ONE-chuck, which is passed around for certain events (when its one person at a time).

Mario Party is just Wiimote.

And even Mario Kart can be played with 4-motes and 0-chucks.

So, if anyone else knows, cool, but i don't think there are any. (most i've seen are 2-motes, 2-chucks for some random games...i think.)

7. Trolly

Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2007
    Behind you! I know you looked!
    Red Steel requires 4 nunchuks, but it's pretty poor multiplayer anyway, and some of the mini-games on the Rayman Raving Rabbids games require 4 nunchuks for 4 players.
    I wouldn't bother though, most games are designed to work with just Wiimote in multiplayer - the good ones anyway.

8. Sstew

Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

Jul 15, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    Some of the Rayman Ravving Rabbids Games require a nunchuck for 4 people. But its only a few mini games, So I wouldnt spend the extra cash, I'd just get the Wii-motes for now.

9. IOwnAndPwnU

IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2008
    Canada
    Depends, if you have 4 Wiimotes, you should have 4 nunchuks. Otherwise, 2 out of the 4 people will be unhappy because either they don't like the controller scheme (e.g. SSBB, Mario Kart Wii) or they aren't playing at all.

10. D-Jay

D-Jay GBAtemp Fan

Jan 23, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Just take a look at the Controller-Set from Snakebyte.

It comes with a WiiMote and a Nunchuk. I use this as 4th device for friends.
    It's a lot cheaper but no less in quality.

11. Mr.Mister

Mr.Mister GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2009
    United States
    Oregon, USA
    I thought this thread was going to be about 8 player games that require one player per wiimote and nunchuck. If so I was gonna say that one bust-a-move game on Wii is one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice