Do 3DS bundles ever get their firmware updated?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by synce, Aug 6, 2016.

1. synce
    OP

synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

Nov 5, 2009
    United States
    I'm curious if any bundles might have 11.0.0 installed despite initially releasing with 9.x or 10.x

2. Skyshadow101

Skyshadow101 The Sky Is The Limit!

May 22, 2016
    United States
    The Underground
    Sometimes? One person on here got a limited edition sfc new 3ds from Japan and it was on v11.0 out of the box. Look up some serial numbers of the bundle you're looking for and see which serial numbers are which firmware. Then go buy a 3ds with a hackable serial code. Then cross your fingers and hope that they didn't update. If they did though, you can ask nicely to return it and get another.

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

Last edited by Skyshadow101, Aug 6, 2016
  3. synce
    OP

synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

Nov 5, 2009
    United States
    No luck finding serials (it was for the Animal Crossing bundle) but I guess it's safe to assume they only manufacture bundles once and don't update them, since practically everything is out of print. Will take a chance and report back if there's problems

4. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    It would take the 3ds to be a bundle that was refurbished or for the clerk at the store to manually update it because of some reason... Normally if a bundle is in a exploitable firm (confirmed by the serials guide) that shouldn't change.

5. hibachib

hibachib Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2016
    United States
    Depends on whether or not a new batch of consoles was produced with the same bundle promotion or not.

6. ishygdaft

ishygdaft A mystery wrapped in an enigma

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    The animal crossing bundle is quite old.. I'd say you're probably fine. Sometimes places like gamestop will pop the boxes open and do an update... so avoid them :P

7. Roomsaver

Roomsaver GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    garfield kart grand prix
    I bought my Animal Crossing bundle from Amazon and it came with 9.8. The serial is YW70046795.

8. fikatr

fikatr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    hey why create a new thread when there is noob paradise deez types of questions asked 20-30 times a week you know

btw 11.0 is rare make sure its not refurbished or box is opened sometimes stores are updating consoles

9. ishygdaft

ishygdaft A mystery wrapped in an enigma

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    @fikatr
    Your sig is comedy gold

10. ketal

ketal aiueo

Aug 20, 2015
    Italy
    They don't even update firmware for refurbished units