Hacking Do 3DS bundles ever get their firmware updated?

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I'm curious if any bundles might have 11.0.0 installed despite initially releasing with 9.x or 10.x

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes? One person on here got a limited edition sfc new 3ds from Japan and it was on v11.0 out of the box. Look up some serial numbers of the bundle you're looking for and see which serial numbers are which firmware. Then go buy a 3ds with a hackable serial code. Then cross your fingers and hope that they didn't update. If they did though, you can ask nicely to return it and get another.

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

Last edited by Skyshadow101,

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
No luck finding serials (it was for the Animal Crossing bundle) but I guess it's safe to assume they only manufacture bundles once and don't update them, since practically everything is out of print. Will take a chance and report back if there's problems

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It would take the 3ds to be a bundle that was refurbished or for the clerk at the store to manually update it because of some reason... Normally if a bundle is in a exploitable firm (confirmed by the serials guide) that shouldn't change.

ishygdaft

A mystery wrapped in an enigma
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The animal crossing bundle is quite old.. I'd say you're probably fine. Sometimes places like gamestop will pop the boxes open and do an update... so avoid them :P

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
hey why create a new thread when there is noob paradise deez types of questions asked 20-30 times a week you know

btw 11.0 is rare make sure its not refurbished or box is opened sometimes stores are updating consoles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol