Hacking DLC region jtag

unseen4ce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am considering getting a jtagged xbox 360 and a DLC collection from Etsy.
I have over 200 xbox 360 games but some of the DLC was taken offline before I could get it. I am in a PAL region ...would DLC from the US work with my disc on a jtagged console?
Or would I need a US ISO to work with the US DLC?

I am sure US DLC for PGA 10 would work in any region, but a game like Forza 2 may not... any insight or experience would be greatly appreciated.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most likely not. dlc goes in a folder named 00000002 inside of the title id folder. though I've never tried it, I think dlc is locked to the region if for that reason.

edit: I just thought of this. the container id may be what's important (not sure). some games are region free as well, so dlc from other regions might work, just never tested it.

Last edited by godreborn,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it looks like it might work, though it's not a region lock. here's forza 2:

http://abgx360.cc/verified.php?f=name&q=forza+2

it shows the same title id across regions. it's region free though. I did look at final fantasy xiii. that game is region locked, but it carries the same title id.

the switch actually does region locking. even though the system is region free, dlc and updates are not. in fact, I have two different region poi games, each claiming to be usa. however, each will make a separate entry on the home screw suggesting different title ids.

unseen4ce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay it seems you have to use a programme called xm360 to unlock DLC. I will learn more of this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Might be a different ID but I am not sure of that.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the only thing left to do is try it and see what happens. a lot of games are dumped once, unless they're high profile games, so if you're downloading these games, the dlc you find will probably belong to that game.

unseen4ce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I am really thinking to try it. If I do I will post.
I am a huge xbox 360 fan, it is the only console I play. So I could use a jtag machine anyways.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's like second behind the dreamcast when it comes to shmup (if you're a fan like me). what's funny is that several shmup games are region locked to Japan only, and we all know how well the 360 did in Japan.

speaking of which, abgx doesn't seem to have a whole lot of shmup games on there. however, here's one: http://abgx360.cc/verified.php?f=name&q=death+smiles

not region locked to Japan, but both pal and ntsc regions have separate title ids, so it might depend on the game.

also, btw, in my poi example on the switch (which is region free as well), my save only works with one of the versions. the other version doesn't detect it. with no way to differentiate, I deleted one of them from the home menu. it was the wrong one, but I used cloud saving to redownload the save after reinstalling, so nothing was lost. point being, although the system may be region free, saves, dlc, and title updates are often not.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
360 content manager does what xm360 does including FTP upload to the correct folders for files.

If the DLC is US then your game must be US as well.
Mismatched Title ID on the DLC and the game just boots up without it.
Make sure to search xboxunity for Title Updates.

unseen4ce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
360 content manager does what xm360 does including FTP upload to the correct folders for files.

If the DLC is US then your game must be US as well.
Mismatched Title ID on the DLC and the game just boots up without it.
Make sure to search xboxunity for Title Updates.

Couldnt I just patch the DLC or manually put it in the correct place?

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most games will not have different region DLCs

Some NTSC/PAL region title ID conflicts are out there, but they're extremely uncommon and generally are censored versions (Germany is mostly victim to this) I'd go into it with the knowledge it's not likely.

Reactions: unseen4ce

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Couldnt I just patch the DLC or manually put it in the correct place?

360 content manager does the patching/unlocking and uploading it to the correct place automatically, why wouldn't you use it?

Reactions: unseen4ce

unseen4ce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems the region does not matter on an RGH console. I am using US DLC with a PAL copy of Forza 2. I also have a RF title from Japan, TW PGA 10, and I have all the DLC for that now working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1