Distributing VC Inject at GBAtemp, this okay?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Mrkinator, Feb 4, 2009.

Feb 4, 2009
  1. Mrkinator
    OP

Member Mrkinator Neil Peart Wannabe

Canada
    I'm currently making a VC NES Inject of a brand new Homebrew called D-Pad Hero. Got all my necessary files and I'm just building it right now.

My question is, is okay/legal to release it here? The game is a homebrew game, but since it's contained in a VC game I thought I better ask before releasing.

2. Jacol Beyros

Newcomer Jacol Beyros Member

United States
    as long as it doesnt contain any of nintendos code im sure it will be fine. the rules here wont allow cios because they contain nintendo code.

3. jinxvorheeze

Member jinxvorheeze GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    No, VC injects are not allowed

The game itself is Nintendo code, and the emulator is owned by Nintendo so they are not permitted.

4. Mrkinator
    OP

Member Mrkinator Neil Peart Wannabe

Canada
    Damn, that's what I figured [​IMG]

Oh well, I'll still do it (make the inject I mean) [​IMG]

5. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    For one, he just said it's a homebrew game, and for two, there's a lot of things owned by Nintendo which are readily posted on GBAtemp; the vast majority of channel code is Nintendo's, only a few channels such as the Homebrew Channel are actually reverse engineered. It's true that it's pretty sketchy, though, and I'd wait for a moderator statement before doing anything.

On the plus side, D-Pad Hero looks awesome, thanks for alerting me to its existence.

6. ffffffff

Banned ffffffff Banned

United States
    just post it, emulators are posted all the time, there even on wiibrew, by far the most strict on anti-piracy.

7. jinxvorheeze

Member jinxvorheeze GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So you quote me, to explain how wrong I am, only to tell him not to do it? And no, Emulators are allowed because they are not Nintendo code. If he wants to release the ROM of D-Pad Hero, and allow people to inject it themselves, he wont be breaking the rules. It's the emulator he is packaging in the VC-Inject that is against the rules. That's why you don't see any other ones floating around. And we aren't talking about other channels, we are talking about a VC-injection. Which is against the rules. Trust the guy who was here back when vc-injections started.

8. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Yeah, you can't post the injected wad, for it is based of a Nintendo wad and hence includes copyrighted code. Feel free to post your game though for people to play or inject it themselves (there is guides out there).

Homebrew emulators are legal, however this is completely different. Injected wads are illegal.

Thanks [​IMG]

9. digitydogs

Member digitydogs 404 Error: Member Not Found

United States
    I thought fffffff got banned the other day for stuff like this and flaming ... whats he doing back anyway?

10. Killer Phantom

Member Killer Phantom GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why won't you release your game as a rom file so others can use it on their NES emulators as well?

11. mcj

Member mcj GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just contact a mod and ask them

12. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    Funny... that game was released by 0rangeChicken a couple of days ago... wonder if he's really the one who made it...

13. stev418

Member stev418 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
  14. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Why are you being a moron? I never said anything about emulators not being allowed. I know what emulators are, and I know what an injection is. And it's not just the Nintendo-developed emulator that he would be illegally posting, but also the channel code, as I said in my first post. Whether it's a VC injection or not is irrelevant to whether Nintendo owns the channel code; it doesn't fucking matter that we're not talking about other channels. You're correct that a VC injection is illegal and in theory shouldn't be posted here, but on the other hand, we have a whole topic (a sticky even) for custom channels, all of which make use of Nintendo code illegally. And nobody gives a shit how long you've been around, it's what you know that counts.