Hacking Distributing VC Inject at GBAtemp, this okay?

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm currently making a VC NES Inject of a brand new Homebrew called D-Pad Hero. Got all my necessary files and I'm just building it right now.

My question is, is okay/legal to release it here? The game is a homebrew game, but since it's contained in a VC game I thought I better ask before releasing.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, VC injects are not allowed

The game itself is Nintendo code, and the emulator is owned by Nintendo so they are not permitted.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jinxvorheeze said:

The game itself is Nintendo code, and the emulator is owned by Nintendo so they are not permitted.
Damn, that's what I figured
frown.gif

Oh well, I'll still do it (make the inject I mean)
tongue.gif

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
jinxvorheeze said:

For one, he just said it's a homebrew game, and for two, there's a lot of things owned by Nintendo which are readily posted on GBAtemp; the vast majority of channel code is Nintendo's, only a few channels such as the Homebrew Channel are actually reverse engineered. It's true that it's pretty sketchy, though, and I'd wait for a moderator statement before doing anything.

On the plus side, D-Pad Hero looks awesome, thanks for alerting me to its existence.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:
jinxvorheeze said:

For one, he just said it's a homebrew game, and for two, there's a lot of things owned by Nintendo which are readily posted on GBAtemp; the vast majority of channel code is Nintendo's, only a few channels such as the Homebrew Channel are actually reverse engineered. It's true that it's pretty sketchy, though, and I'd wait for a moderator statement before doing anything.

On the plus side, D-Pad Hero looks awesome, thanks for alerting me to its existence.

So you quote me, to explain how wrong I am, only to tell him not to do it? And no, Emulators are allowed because they are not Nintendo code. If he wants to release the ROM of D-Pad Hero, and allow people to inject it themselves, he wont be breaking the rules. It's the emulator he is packaging in the VC-Inject that is against the rules. That's why you don't see any other ones floating around. And we aren't talking about other channels, we are talking about a VC-injection. Which is against the rules. Trust the guy who was here back when vc-injections started.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, you can't post the injected wad, for it is based of a Nintendo wad and hence includes copyrighted code. Feel free to post your game though for people to play or inject it themselves (there is guides out there).

ffffffff said:
just post it, emulators are posted all the time, there even on wiibrew, by far the most strict on anti-piracy.

Homebrew emulators are legal, however this is completely different. Injected wads are illegal.

Thanks
smile.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Funny... that game was released by 0rangeChicken a couple of days ago... wonder if he's really the one who made it...

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
jinxvorheeze said:
Vague Rant said:
jinxvorheeze said:

So you quote me, to explain how wrong I am, only to tell him not to do it? And no, Emulators are allowed because they are not Nintendo code. If he wants to release the ROM of D-Pad Hero, and allow people to inject it themselves, he wont be breaking the rules. It's the emulator he is packaging in the VC-Inject that is against the rules. That's why you don't see any other ones floating around. And we aren't talking about other channels, we are talking about a VC-injection. Which is against the rules. Trust the guy who was here back when vc-injections started.
Why are you being a moron? I never said anything about emulators not being allowed. I know what emulators are, and I know what an injection is. And it's not just the Nintendo-developed emulator that he would be illegally posting, but also the channel code, as I said in my first post. Whether it's a VC injection or not is irrelevant to whether Nintendo owns the channel code; it doesn't fucking matter that we're not talking about other channels. You're correct that a VC injection is illegal and in theory shouldn't be posted here, but on the other hand, we have a whole topic (a sticky even) for custom channels, all of which make use of Nintendo code illegally. And nobody gives a shit how long you've been around, it's what you know that counts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu