One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gallery_24102_883_10371.jpg

Well, the French almost had it right. A sequel to Disney Epic Mickey is on the way, but it's not for 3DS and it's not titled Power of Illusion. Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two is on the way for 360, PS3 and Wii!

In Epic Mickey 2, Mickey returns to Wasteland -- but not quite the same Wasteland as before. It's still filled to the brim with forgotten characters and theme park attractions, but disasters have changed their appearance. Some familiar areas from the first game will return, but Mickey will get to explore even more never before seen areas as well. In addition to releasing on all three major consoles, much work has been done to the camera -- over 1,000 changes claims Warren Spector, completely addressing complaints from the original game.

The game will feature full voice acting -- including Oswald the Rabbit (voiced by Frank Welker), who will have a voice for the first time in Disney history. Oswald is also a playable character, who comes in alongside Mickey Mouse in a brand-new co-op mode. While Mickey holds on to his paint brush, Oswald enjoys a remote control that commands electricity. As you would expect, the two must work together to solve puzzles and progress further.

Co-op is drop-in, drop-out. Oswald is always by your side, whether controlled by another player or not. Another surprise is that the game is going to be part musical. Spector calls himself a geek about musicals, and loves the magic when a character suddenly breaks into song -- which they will do on a regular basis in this game.

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two will be available this fall.

:arrow: Source

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sequel for consoles was inevitable, so many leaks and teases. Though Lily- it should be noted that this still does not discount the rumor of a 3DS game. The 3DS game was stated to be something entirely different, a spinoff from the console sequel (not the same game). Though it looks like they deleted the twitter post that had this. So it could turn out to be wrong, we'll know if nothing is announced by next week. It would be cool at this point if the Wii version were just ported to the 3DS or Vita, whether a spinoff happens or not.

At any rate, highly looking forward to this. Despite its flaws, i really enjoyed the first game. Pleased to hear full voice acting will be included this time (one of my gripes with the first). I didn't mind the camera much in the original, but of course i also got used to really bad camera control in 3D platformers when i played the early 3D era consoles (it's not nearly the worst camera i've ever used).

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Another surprise is that the game is going to be part musical. Spector calls himself a geek about musicals, and loves the magic when a character suddenly breaks into song -- which they will do on a regular basis in this game.
Oh no... not this American and Indian cheesy way of singing Songs about Rainbows, Flowers and a World in Peace. Oh wait!Its Disney!
But isn't Wasteland and the Idea behind it, showing exactly NOT this perfect World of Love and Harmony? Don't go to far Warren, don't lose the Idea behind the first Part, it was really charming and interesting to see Mickey on an dark Adventure, hope this wont be lost.

Oh, and one more thing. I hope I still can make the decisions if I I erase or color something, just don't make the Game forget about the Changes every time I reenter an Area.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another surprise is that the game is going to be part musical. Spector calls himself a geek about musicals, and loves the magic when a character suddenly breaks into song -- which they will do on a regular basis in this game.
Oh no... not this American and Indian cheesy way of singing Songs about Rainbows, Flowers and a World in Peace. Oh wait!Its Disney!
But isn't Wasteland and the Idea behind it, showing exactly NOT this perfect World of Love and Harmony? Don't go to far Warren, don't lose the Idea behind the first Part, it was really charming and interesting to see Mickey on an dark Adventure, hope this wont be lost.

Musicals aren't automatically light, fluffy, and/or insubstantial; it's a convention of the genre used to convey the story (characters, themes, etc.) to the audience. (Two random examples) Just saying, making it a musical won't automatically destroy the dark atmosphere from the first game.

That being said... it is an inspired change. There aren't any video game musicals I can think of (Except for the Mighty Poo from Conker, I guess), so it'll be interesting to see how they handle it. Plus, I definitely appreciate the move to multiplatform; I've heard some generally good things about the first game (minus a few issues), so I'll be looking forward to this.

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Musicals aren't automatically light, fluffy, and/or insubstantial; it's a convention of the genre used to convey the story (characters, themes, etc.) to the audience. (Two random examples) Just saying, making it a musical won't automatically destroy the dark atmosphere from the first game.

That being said... it is an inspired change. There aren't any video game musicals I can think of (Except for the Mighty Poo from Conker, I guess), so it'll be interesting to see how they handle it. Plus, I definitely appreciate the move to multiplatform; I've heard some generally good things about the first game (minus a few issues), so I'll be looking forward to this.

I saw west side story and starligh express and both where disgusting ( no offense to people which like it, just my opinion), I did it becuase one of my ex. ex. ex..... gfs liked this things..oh god, I wish this southpark episode was right, that the musical make girls give......
but, yea, maybe you're right, some might have a critical view of our society, not sure.

and I have to even admit that disney has some really great music, the little mermaid and the lion king had very nice soundtracks, but normally disney + musical makes me think of this...high school musical..oh gosh, no..please, no...
I hope Im wrong.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I saw west side story and starligh express and both where disgusting ( no offense to people which like it, just my opinion), I did it becuase one of my ex. ex. ex..... gfs liked this things..oh god, I wish this southpark episode was right, that the musical make girls give......
but, yea, maybe you're right, some might have a critical view of our society, not sure.

and I have to even admit that disney has some really great music, the little mermaid and the lion king had very nice soundtracks, but normally disney + musical makes me think of this...high school musical..oh gosh, no..please, no...
I hope Im wrong.

You have to remember, two films do not a genre make. I'm not really all that into musicals (give or take the occasional exception), but I just wanted to point that out.

And yeah, while Warren Spector may love plumbing through Disney history, but I don't think you'll have to worry about an appearance from Zac Efron anytime soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!