Votes: 34 31.5%
  • No

Votes: 74 68.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Maybe we will get a "react" button like Facebook. You can like someone's post, or you can also pick an emoticon to express how you feel about a post. except my posts will only have one emoticon reaction : :bortz:
Your spider is tingling?

Engert

I love me
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Please. If you think most of the staff here don't enjoy winding up and laughing at the oversensitives then you have clearly not being paying attention.

Bullshit !
They all got their panties in a bunch when I mentioned Muslims marrying 13 year old girls.

Now go make some real commedy which is reserved for those who are MAN enough to use the Dislike button.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Hasn't the staff already said "no" to a dislike button, for various real reasons? I doubt further discussion is going to change that. After all, there's already a problem with hate being spread on these forums (cough 3ds section cough), so I really don't think the staff will change their minds and add a feature to make it even easier to spread hate. (Just think what the Gateway haters would do with it.)

A react feature would be nice. Be sure to add loads and loads of usable emoticons, like in Slack. It's fun reacting to a post mentioning money with bags of money or posts about cats with a cat, and it's useful to react to suggestions with a +1 or impressive projects with a thumbs up.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gotta say I laughed real hard when I mentioned the word "dislike" to the millennial generation in the web.
Good lord what is your problem with the younger generation dude. You've shown so much negativity towards us ever since you started participating in the more political threads

Although, I guess that solves the mystery of why you want a dislike button

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good lord what is your problem with the younger generation dude. You've shown so much negativity towards us ever since you started participating in the more political threads
It is the prerogative of every outgoing generation to point and shake their heads at the incoming one. Though in this instance... actually Doug Stanhope says it better

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Engert

I love me
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States

Although, I guess that solves the mystery of why you want a dislike button

Lmao. My problem? Negativity?
Hahah. Oh man.
Look dude I like the young generation because they're full of hope and positivity and full of LIKE buttons ... Until you get older and then those LIKES turn to DISLIKES because you realize things don't work like they teach you in school.

That's exactly what I like about most of you here, your optimism and your naivety.
Mark Zuckerberg was smart for not giving the virtual world a dislike button. Lmao.

I guess it's actually the older people's fault too for coming up with a school system where "everyone is a winner".

In all seriousness , 'cos I've been laughing too much at this thread and people's posts ....
When you deal with someone in life who has a different point of view (and you will) you don't get depressed, you don't get sad of all the negativity, you don't ignore them either but you counter their point of view to the best of your ability.
This will actually build your people skills and your real life confidence.

Like buttons or dislike buttons mean nothing in the web.

The only thing that's accurate in the web is 'views'.
If a page has been viewed say 1 million times it usually means that the people find the content interesting.
That's about it.
Like or dislike don't mean much but what's funny here is that if a LIKE button exists a Dislike button should as well even tho they're both pointless and your arguments so far against the dislike button are pretty weak and frankly hilarious and that's okay because that's how you view the world ... For now.

Why is this topic still open now anyway?
Anyone wants to sparr? :)

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Touko White

(not)Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Get a react button like TheAdminZone uses, that's pretty cool. They also run XenForo so eh.
Though I suspect people will be disliking my posts for no reason.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Come on, dude. A dislike button wouldn't really do much at all.

If you so much disagree with that user then reply to him/her with your argument whilst the "Like" button is for "I agree" or "Thank you" and so these two simple gestures avoid users from posting extremely short comments.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka

The younger generation is full of hope for change. And the older generation is greedy for their own ways, while the younger generation are like chameleons. We do not care about change because we are change ourselves, we are nature, we are ever-changing, we are not consistent idiots. Older generations have always been consistent, and consistency is idiocracy; consistency is hate of contradictions.
Contradiction is change, and change for true hope for humanity. The morning comes, one says "Good Morning". The night comes, one says still, "Good Morning", because he loves being consistent and is scared of contradictions, hence they are always the same.
The older generation never changes because of this, and this is the crux of our failure in humanity, the failure of being offended, racism, ignorance, idiocracy, and hidden true egos.
The new generation is not like that, and thus, the old is afraid, because they see change... Change that brings destruction to the older's egos, that they were always wrong; they tried to be consistent.

EDIT: A clarification, totalinsanity4 is thinking I just protected him in an argument (like button!), but I was technically agreeing with Engert here. We both are kind of sparring against everyone here, but not in an angry way, but in laughter.

Last edited by Jiehfeng, , Reason: TotalInsanity4 = Total Insanity, 4.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Look dude I like the young generation because they're full of hope and positivity and full of LIKE buttons

I view it another way. The like button renders praise as meaningless, just like it should be, and instead if someone takes the time to tell me I am being a dumb cunt then that is worth something.

Reactions: Touko White
S

Saiyan Lusitano

The younger generation is full of hope for change. And the older generation is greedy for their own ways, while the younger generation are like chameleons. We do not care about change because we are change ourselves, we are nature, we are ever-changing, we are not consistent idiots. Older generations have always been consistent, and consistency is idiocracy; consistency is hate of contradictions.
Contradiction is change, and change for true hope for humanity. The morning comes, one says "Good Morning". The night comes, one says still, "Good Morning", because he loves being consistent and is scared of contradictions, hence they are always the same.
The older generation never changes because of this, and this is the crux of our failure in humanity, the failure of being offended, racism, ignorance, idiocracy, and hidden true egos.
The new generation is not like that, and thus, the old is afraid, because they see change... Change that brings destruction to the older's egos, that they were always wrong; they tried to be consistent.

EDIT: A clarification, totalinsanity4 is thinking I just protected him in an argument (like button!), but I was technically agreeing with Engert here. We both are kind of sparring against everyone here, but not in an angry way, but in laughter.

That's really nice but regrettably some to a lot of young people would rather get in trouble, drunk, stab/kill and and just anything that endangers them and others. I wouldn't blame their stupid behaviour on their parents because once a being's grown, he/she is responsible for their actions yet some people try to blame a crime they committed on video games or how he was "racist" (the two Iraqi 17 guys who almost beat and smashed a 15 year old to death as they claimed he was racist -- being Muslim isn't a race so that's bollocks). Anyone that wants to read more about it can google Ruben Cavaco.

Now that I remember, it's not just violence and drinking but smartphones, tablets and easiness is dumbing down people without realising their full potential when they're in their younger years and glueing people to those screens than enjoy the view when they're travelling and such. My nephews are always glued to their tablets unless I or someone takes it away, or it doesn't have battery.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I suppose users who wanted to tell their position on the like/dislike button already did it.
now it's becoming a politic or a religion discussion and that's not this thread subject so I'm closing it.

Thank you for all your input and opinion about it.
The staff has also always discussed it and chose they won't add a dislike feature for multiple reasons, which has already been detailed in all the previous threads suggesting this option.
we will not change our current system and will not add a dislike button. if you don't like something, just don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1