Hacking [discussion] why the new update?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,998
  • Replies 13
D

Deleted User

OP
So recently, Microsoft released a update for the xbox 360, and in the front end, as I heard, they only removed the smartglass. Which honestly, that makes no sense, you wouldn't just go back to old console, and change one thing. They could of just left it as is if there wasn't something to fix. In other words, what are the odds that Microsoft patched a (software) exploit. I'm just saying. before you say it's impossible, why would they comeback after 2 years. Release a update for a console that has seemingly no bugs or problems, to just release a update that removes the smart glass.

Last edited by ,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There might be some weird contract or licensing or similar issue, maybe a development one -- part of the reason the original xbox live was shut down was apparently having to maintain the backwards compatibility was limiting the development of the 360 offering.

It is not impossible that an exploit was patched. Hopefully there are still enough people skilled in matters 360 to do an analysis on the changes.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a new update? imo, the last good update was the one that allowed 2TB external hdds. that was 16xxx iirc. the hacking team responsible for the hacked dash kernel may not even bother with this since I'm sure many have moved on by now. though, I'll update if something materializes. we're (jtag and rgh users) already pretty much banned from xbox live anyway, so it may not be worth bothering with. lol

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a new update? imo, the last good update was the one that allowed 2TB external hdds. that was 16xxx iirc. the hacking team responsible for the hacked dash kernel may not even bother with this since I'm sure many have moved on by now. though, I'll update if something materializes. we're (jtag and rgh users) already pretty much banned from xbox live anyway, so it may not be worth bothering with. lol
Official Xebuild is out along with Dashlaunch 3.19, and TX has a new Jrunner posted also.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've updated, and boy was it a nightmare of weird glitches. first, NAND flasher 360 somehow disappeared from my hdd. I'm not sure what happened to it. then, dashlaunch froze after installation (I like to install this separately from the NAND, just in case something gets corrupted), so I had to hard reset the system. after that, the $$ystemUpdate folder wouldn't read unless I entered xex menu. then, not only did FSD get corrupted, but the backup I had on my pc was corrupted too (the game names were messed up and my entire xbla category was missing). I deleted the parsed data, and it still wouldn't find the xbla games (544 games to be exact). I then tried restoring to factory defaults, then FSD kept continuously crashing. I went online to find another version of FSD which seemed to be outdated - my avatar wouldn't move his arms, and he's wielding dual lightsabres, so it looked really messed up. I checked with another FSD I had on my internal hdd (keep the dashlaunch one on an external hdd for easy access), and it didn't have this problem, so I looked online for that version of FSD 2. I've since updated completely, installed the latest version of FSD 2, fixed my xbla game names and corrupted 360, retail games, and deleted unnecessary folders that were found to be empty in my games' folder. it took a while to fix everything. I don't even game on my 360, so maybe the lack of use caused all this corruption?

Last edited by godreborn,

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do it the other way around. I install Dashlaunch to the HDD and flash the nand off of USB. Also, a fresh launch.ini file can fix the issue sometimes. If you're using FSD2 over FSD3 though idk.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did have dashlaunch on the internal hdd, but I found it to be easier to manage on the usb.

I mainly use FSD 2 since it seems to be faster at loading the game database. I have over 550 games, so it can take several moments.

oh, another weird thing that happened during that fiasco is that the network locations of the hdd and usb0 would no longer work. I have them mapped to network locations since network drives requires smb 1.0. enabling it in windows' features causes connectivity issues with the vita via usb. :-/ I just now checked the usb drive, since that's the common denominator, and it's fully healthy, according to crystal disk info. hmm...

Reactions: brickmii82

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EU laws - I still use my 360 online and after patching I had to confirm new privacy laws despite being in New York - also, they didn't patch any software exploits. The insider program in 2015 had a ton of builds go through and really if anything noteworthy in the 360 scene happened somebody would know, although the amount of people online with hacked stuff is fucking insane, I can guess that RGH consoles being super cheap makes it a good target to be an asshole online - too bad there's like half of 360 live doing everything you're trying.

Last edited by lisreal2401,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's the hdd. It does have moving parts inside that can get jammed up if not used.

yeah, that's why I have all of my backup hdds plugged into my laptop at this very moment. I did check the hdd before connecting it to the 360, and everything checked out, so who knows what happened? I may need to reformat it, but that's not that much of a big deal since one of my backup hdds is a backup of both my 360's internal and the external hdd. :D I'm sure glad I made a backup of everything. before, my wii's hdd died, in less than a year, I had made two backups of the drive. I'm glad that I did. I haven't replaced that hdd...yet...so maybe when I get some money together I will. there are over 700 games on there, most shovelware. :P

Reactions: brickmii82

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-