Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

Tonic!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm trying to dump my game and dddkernel seems to freeze everytime i try... what could i be doing incorrectly?

KuroYuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I've practically given up on dumping my smash, are does smashexplorer require the dt00 or dt01 files or is an ls file enough?

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i'm trying to dump my game and dddkernel seems to freeze everytime i try... what could i be doing incorrectly?
Not totally sure, but just make sure everything is uptodate, your browsercache before running it is clean and your firewall doesn't block the pc server.

Also welcome to the forum, really dig that avatar ;p

Reactions: Tonic!

Tonic!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not totally sure, but just make sure everything is uptodate, your browsercache before running it is clean and your firewall doesn't block the pc server.

Also welcome to the forum, really dig that avatar ;p
hmm, did everything but it still doesn't seem to be working :c

also, thanks! jenny is the best loool

MarinaTentacles

Leader of the Googie Gang
Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
Oh, and can I get these files from elsewhere?
No, you'll want to have those files so you can edit all of the game. Yes, you can get them from elsewhere, but as of right now I can't say where. My recommendation would be finding a Smash Bros Wii U .wud and using Uwizard to extract the files, which is effectively the same as dumping your game.

Tonic!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you'll want to have those files so you can edit all of the game. Yes, you can get them from elsewhere, but as of right now I can't say where. My recommendation would be finding a Smash Bros Wii U .wud and using Uwizard to extract the files, which is effectively the same as dumping your game.
does the game have to be up to date? and if so, how would i update it?

KuroYuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ok, do you think the region of the .wud matters? If I have a USA game, would a EUR .wud still work?

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
does the game have to be up to date? and if so, how would i update it?

Yes, but Uwizard can do that as well. For updating (after you get your hands on a .wud) I would check out this tutorial:

Ok, do you think the region of the .wud matters? If I have a USA game, would a EUR .wud still work?

I KNOW the region of the .wud matters. You'll want to dump a .wud that matches the region of the game you plan on modding.

Reactions: Tonic!

KuroYuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Region matters. If the wud is EUR than it won't work at all with the USA ver...and vice versa.

I KNOW the region of the .wud matters. You'll want to dump a .wud that matches the region of the game you plan on modding.

Aww, I already had a eur wud guess I need to find the us version :/
Thanks for the help

mr.game.and.watc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hey, so I followed this tutorial, with switching female Villager and Ryu announcer calls and injecting your own. However, when I load up smash, i'm getting Robin's call instead. Any idea's?

3670099 <-- Female Villager

FemaleVillager.png

Don't forget to set all as 3670068 on villager.

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
Without giving away too much info, I need some assistance. Would anyone know how to make a file available as a MEGAsync download? I have a useful set of files, but my Dropbox Bandwidth could present an issue.

I DO know how to upload to MEGA, I just don't know how to make it downloadable via MEGAsync. It's a gorillion times faster when downloading 12GB sized files.

D

Deleted User

Maybe You have to Drag it on top of the Folder that has the stuff you want to replace in smash4explorer.

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador

Do you need to have all the files for sm4sh explorer to work?

I just want to add skins to my liking, but I don't want to have the 16GB file on my PC for only that...

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you need to have all the files for sm4sh explorer to work?

I just want to add skins to my liking, but I don't want to have the 16GB file on my PC for only that...
Yes. We've said it before and we'll say it again.

You need a dump of the game and the latest update to use SmashExplorer properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.