Hacking [Discussion] Mario Kart 8: Pro vs Anti Hacking

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please... I don't want to see people who hack to win. I'm completely fine with people who hack just to use mods and whatnot, but not to gain an unfair advantage. I hope people who hack online get console banned.

PICTOCHAT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I love it when a FTL joins my room. They make races very intense and exciting. I've loved them in the MKWii days, and I've seen them in MK7 and MK8. I would love to see them in MK8DX.
However, I hate FTW hackers. They're just noobs who have to use codes to win because they're bad at the game.
Other mods like custom tracks I would like to see. I also want to use custom music in MK8DX sometime.

D

Deleted User

personally, if the hack only helps that person then no. But if it's a fun hack/cheat where everyone is driving at absurd speeds then that is ok

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

We love piracy but condemn cheating.

Ban them, we don't care; although we are provided with the tools to unban them again.
um... did you say we have the tools to unban ourselves....... Switch isn't 3ds. enough said

D

Deleted User

As long as you don't cheat then I believe its ok to play a hacked Switch online. If you cheat you deserve to get banned.

Based on past trends if you want to avoid a ban don't cheat or play leaked games before their official release, otherwise the eShop will be the only online service available to you.

Last edited by ,

Onibi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cheating in an online competition makes no sense, unless you don't have the skills. In which case, either get them or try another game ...

That said, offline cheating (or online in a non-competitive game) is fun and good. It just shortcuts the grinding mechanics many games add these days unnecessarily ...

That said, online cheating will not work out. Each console has a factory signed certificate which can be banned. While I believe that you will be able to play backups online (eventually, potentially after a lot of bans) cheating will not be worth the ban of your console.

Last edited by Onibi,

Sm4shModder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont mind cheating in single player. There's no real reason to cheat online. Don't ruin it for others in multiplayer.
One could, however, argue that it's pointless to hack offline. Imagine if you could be King, but only over your room. It's a meaningless position.; a hollow reflection of something greater. As human beings, we naturally desire sharing and notoriety. If somebody finds an avenue to unleash unlimited power upon their opponents, it's only natural that they'll want others to experience it as well (even if it's at their expense).

Then there's also the issue of never being able to win. Regardless of if it's related to a skill deficiency or not, humans naturally have a competitive nature, even on the "casual" scale, thus, a player, whether it be an angry casual or exhausted pro--may eventually turn to hacks as an avenue for either victory or consistency respectively.

With that in mind, the Anti-Hacking position is completely understandable as well. Many people live rather mundane or stressful lives, and perhaps throwing a Blue Shell and some Bullet Bills around to ride into first place is the only satisfaction they'll ever get. Not to mention that vanilla Mario Kart was designed around randomness and accessibility. Many people--from children, to adults, and even entire families--may have used this game either to escape from life or to engage with each other, only to have their avenue of fun ruined by a group of coding-genies.

It's ultimately very perspective-based, and these points will be important to contemplate in the future. There's a lot of passion on both sides, and both should be considered. Remember that our goal shouldn't be to villify, but to discuss.

Reactions: ShroomKing

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cheating (speed/weapon modifiers) = not cool, ruins it for everyone, deserves a ban.

Modding (models, textures, sounds etc) = only viewable on your console, doesnt effect speed or time or item pickups, should be allowed.

If I want to mod my racer to be skull kid on my screen, but everyone else sees link: it shouldnt matter.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can understand the no hacking online in general but, if it is purely only with friends then it's fine. Nothing like a little shenanigans with pals. BUT! When you take thoughs hacks, cheats, ect. publicly to random folks on the Internet then it's an issue. Feel free to have fun but don't fudge people's pure and clean experience.

Last edited by jt_1258,

Sm4shModder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feel free to have fun but don't you dare fuck with people who want a pure and clean experience.
Remember, this is a civil thread, so no swearing, insulting, "git gud"'s, etc. It's understood that this can be a sensitive subject for many, however that is no excuse for disrespecting your peers.
This is how most flaming threads start, all it takes is an inch to go a mile. While I understand your points, if you can't convey them maturely and civilly then this is the wrong thread for you.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
This is how most flaming threads start, all it takes is an inch to go a mile. While I understand your points, if you can't convey them maturely and civilly then this is the wrong thread for you.
It was a pretty civil response. Valid as well.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This kinda depends on the cheat. If its just something like a texture change (custom charecter, kart, track look, gui, etc) then its fine since it doesnt affect others.
But things like item hacks, speed hacks, or anything that can affect the outcome of a race should cause the person using it to be banned obviously

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can understand the no hacking online in general but, if it is purely only with friends then it's fine. Nothing like a little shenanigans with pals. BUT! When you take thoughs hacks, cheats, ect. publicly to random folks on the Internet then it's an issue. Feel free to have fun but don't fudge people's pure and clean experience.
better? I was saying don't screw up peoples experience
one swear word doesn't mean something should be written off as not mature
edit: I also intended it to be a one off and ignore the thread afterwards

Last edited by jt_1258,
Reactions: Kioku

KingMoogle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really doubt people will connect to the online server let alone pay the service if they've modded their devices.

That would be $20 wasted just to cheat online.

Last edited by KingMoogle,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6v3cT3b59A&t=12s