Hacking [Discussion] Mario Kart 8: Pro vs Anti Hacking

Sm4shModder

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the age of Nintendo Switch hacks quickly approaching, we will eventually have to face the possibility of experiencing online hacking in our games, and as many already know, the issue of online hacking is a divisive issue in most gaming communities. Despite these issues, there have been no definitive threads designed to honestly tackle the subject, thus, this thread has been designed to provide a medium for users on both sides to respectfully and civilly engage regarding the matter, and hopefully gain a better understanding of both their opponents' arguments, and their own.

Remember, this is a civil thread, so no swearing, insulting, "git gud"'s, etc. It's understood that this can be a sensitive subject for many, however that is no excuse for disrespecting your peers.

• [Discussion] Mario Kart 8: Pro vs Anti Hacking (Sm4shModder)

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Its taken Nintendo 14 years since Microsoft first started banning modded Xbox's from Xbox Live, however they finally have the ability to ban modded consoles. I'm pretty sure they will be cracking down hard on the Switch once CFW is out there.

Online hacking is going to happen regardless, however once the bans start coming in i'm sure its going to be a small minority that actually bother.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Let me look into my chrystal ball to tell you the general consensus of this thread:
-hacking to get more content into the game is a good thing
-cheating online is as toxic as it was in previous iterations of MK
-be prepared to get banned when doing the former
-what you do offline is your choice and yours alone

Now that all the important stuff has been said, this thread can be closed.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a new subject. Hit up the Wii u forums to discuss online game cheating with Mk8. It's been going on for months. And yes, you'll get banned.

Reactions: Anonymous42456
D

Deleted User

Modding such as custom characters, music, tracks & weapons is all fine, offline and lan multiplayer. But I personally have no interest in using myself, nor respect for anyone that uses, cheats online against "Vanilla" players.

Basically, mod and hack away as much as you like, just don't be using that shit online.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Is just don't understand online hackers. I tried that infinite Bullet Bill code once on MKWii and let me tell you guys: It was SO MUCH FUN doing nothing but spamming Z! /s

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
With the age of Nintendo Switch hacks quickly approaching, we will eventually have to face the possibility of experiencing online hacking in our games, and as many already know, the issue of online hacking is a divisive issue in most gaming communities. Despite these issues, there have been no definitive threads designed to honestly tackle the subject, thus, this thread has been designed to provide a medium for users on both sides to respectfully and civilly engage regarding the matter, and hopefully gain a better understanding of both their opponents' arguments, and their own.

Remember, this is a civil thread, so no swearing, insulting, "git gud"'s, etc. It's understood that this can be a sensitive subject for many, however that is no excuse for disrespecting your peers.

• [Discussion] Mario Kart 8: Pro vs Anti Hacking (Sm4shModder)

I never experienced cheaters on MK7, which was a big improvement from MKWii, where mexicans (mostly) used to use so much cheats that the game barely worked.
I think Ninty has evolved their online system to the point that any weird code running on online servers will result in console permabans.

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was the online cheating so bad?
i mean couldnt you just exit the game and play with different players?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cheating locally is the best. I used one of the 500cc cheats on MK7 when at my uni's video game society. What made it amazing was the fact I stayed in last, and watched two computers randomly get the 500cc speed and lap everybody lol. Not the kinda thing to be done online, but seeing peoples' faces is priceless.

Reactions: Baoulettes

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
If you're gonna cheat at least know you'll get banned, and try to be silly with it. I only say this because saying "no" won't do anything. Like don't sneakly boot your speed and try to get away with it, i'd say go big, make your character big and go too fast, then have all items at once. It'd be funny. (at least to me)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2