Discrete Mathematics

bannana2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This class is a nightmare. WTF? this is my second time taking it and I can't pass at all. I'll have to drop it and take it alone with no other classes. Any friendly advice? My IQ is 126, so I don't understand how I'm not getting it.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This class is a nightmare. WTF? this is my second time taking it and I can't pass at all. I'll have to drop it and take it alone with no other classes. Any friendly advice? My IQ is 126, so I don't understand how I'm not getting it.
(p ∨ q) ↔ (p ∧ q)
Which of the following are tautologies?

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I remember taking Discrete Math my first year of college. I feel bad that I'd always show up to the class a couple minutes late and be stuck with a seat in the front, but because it was an early class and I was tired, I'd always fall asleep right there front and center.

I remember the class being pretty heavy on sequential arithmetic, so it's good to have the mind of a programmer.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, only 126.

Like Relys said, you need to actually try to pass. Take notes, do homework, join a study group, but most importantly, ask questions. Not on some random forum. Ask your professor, or even ask the person who sits next to you. Heck, get a tutor.

Reactions: nxwing and VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Lol, only 126.

Like Relys said, you need to actually try to pass. Take notes, do homework, join a study group, but most importantly, ask questions. Not on some random forum. Ask your professor, or even ask the person who sits next to you. Heck, get a tutor.
Exactly what my post was aiming.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

bannana2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that is the thing learning a foreign language and public speaking are disctracting me from even trying. It pisses me off that I have to take 3 classes at once to be honest.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Be a student? Do what a student does. Study. Read a book particularly something that is easy to understand. Ask for a help. There's no shortcut or easy way. You'll just have to do your responsibilities as a student.

Reactions: VinsCool

bannana2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I study pretty much 9 hours a day, but not just discrete math. I guess the best thing to do is drop it and take the class by itself. I'll def. learn it that way.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I study pretty much 9 hours a day, but not just discrete math. I guess the best thing to do is drop it and take the class by itself. I'll def. learn it that way.
You could probably cut down your studying time by combining your studies. Practice publicly speaking your discrete math notes.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took discrete mathematics as part of my undergraduate program. I remember I:
1) Sat in front of the class and took notes.
2) Did homework assignments on time.
3) Formed a study group.
The only thing we did the same was sit in the front of class. Then again, I only eeked out a C+.

I was a terrible student.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing we did the same was sit in the front of class. Then again, I only eeked out a C+.

I was a terrible student.

Taking notes was the most helpful IMHO. You really need to be engaged and follow along with the professors train of logic. Divide et impera.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up