Hardware Disc Labels???

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I was wondering what brand of stick on Disc labels are the best to use. I know many people will scream one of the following

a) Use a USB loader

b) Dont use labels

...Well I want to use labels. Mind you that I have two copies of each game in my library. A play copy that goes in my disc binder and my shelf copy that is placed in a case with official DVD box art. I want to label the shelf copies (with the official disc art for each game) but in case I need to use a shelf copy in my disc, I want a label that is thin enough to not cause any major issue. I've used labels in the past but they were pretty much hit or miss. Anybody here had any luck with labels?

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Generally, the labels that you print off are not a great idea as they can make the disks sit in the drive a bit uncomfortably and possibly become wedged. I had issues when the label would start to feel and nearly jammed it. Lightscribe is a good alternative, though you are restricted by the colour pallet but you can also get certain printers that print directly onto the disk.
I hope this helps.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
buy printable discs - end -

I believe I have a group of printable CD-R disc. If I'm correct they are the ones with the paper like topside. I actually had some cool plans for those until one of my disc burners gave way. Back to the Wii situation. I have yet to find DVD disc with printable topsides. Maybe I should go to Best Buy before Wal-Mart the next time I go hunting for DVD disc. I'm currently 3/4ths done with making my shelf copies. I guess Ill have to go hunting and read the packages carefully. Like I said it has always been hit or miss with me. For instance, my copy labeled (and now play version as I made a new shelf copy) of Super Mario Galaxy is labeled and plays like a charm. No matter how many times I put it in or out of my drive I never have an issue BUT, I could never say that about any of my old labeled copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy. In the end, I just like m stuff looking official.

Also, If anyone remembers, I had a thread where I was posting my "Black Boxed" versions of Wii boxart. Well some of my black cases I recently purchased have two disc slots. I'm going to find the soundtracks to some of these games and stick them in there with the game disc to give those cases a "Collectors Edition" feel. What do you guys think? I know it might be a bit much for a bunch of backups but I always wanted a Nintendo library like this so for me it's fun work!

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use ritek dvd-r full face white printable, you can get 50 or so for about £8-9 at your local market stall, they also look really nice depending on the printer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess