Hacking Disc Burning Speed Suggestions

TrapperKeeperX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know some brands work very well I want people to list Speed Suggestions on what speed to burn and also programs will help too.

I have Maxell DVD-R Upto 16x Speed I do need a suggestion on this so I can burn all my games on that specific speed.

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burn all games at 2.4x or 4x and there should be no problem and no need for another useless topic.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I burn Wii games at 4x, and dual layer (SSBB) at 2.4x.
My friend however had to burn his Wii games at 8x otherwise they wouldn't work at all.

ryu00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i always burn at 4x as guidelines recommend, ive burned games at 8x and they've still worked, and many people burn at very fast speeds. for piece of mind though, with the wii laser being prone to dre's and having varying compatibility issues with different media, i guess its safer to burn at lower speeds. im also skeptical for future stability, as the wii laser gets worn and dvds get scratched the burn speed may have an impending influence on their readability.

Starfire12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For my PS2 i actually got better results when maxing out burning speed to 16x instead of forcing it to the slowest 2x. Might be a burner-related thing though. Either way i am going to stick with that for the Wii, when starting to try backups.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Forgot everything you've ever hear about slow writing speeds etc.

Burn at max, if your computer can handle the buffer and your dvd/dvd drive are supporting the speed.

Example:
Disk, max = 16x.
Dvddrive max = 18x.

Just burn @ 16x, if your buffer stays above ~90% while doing nothing else on your computer you should be fine.

Or:
Disk, max = 16x.
Dvd drive max = 4x

Burn @ 4x. Same with the buffer.

This is, what I've heard and I NEVER had ANY problems so far with my LG burner + Verbatim/Taiyo Yuden DVD's.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
there is no such speed as 2.4x for DVD-R. You will be burning at 2x - but even then most burners won't burn 16x discs that slow, the burner will just be burning them faster. 4x is also a bad idea on modern discs.

On modern discs the slowest you want to be burning is 6x, and then only on low quality DVDR. Hi quality discs and you should stick to 8, 12 or 16x.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i burnt 4 game's all on 4x speed on omega dvd-r's and they work perfect so you will have to found it out yourself because you must use diffrent speeds with diffrent media

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've burned my disks at 18x w/ my pioneer 112L. The discs are 16x discs, but since my burner has a write strategy for 18x for that media code, I figured I may as well burn at that.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
hear about this all the time, simply burn to what ever you think is best, if it works then stick with it or try faster, 8x speed is probably most reliable, all pretty much the same though.
smile.gif

Oh couldn't write at 2.4 or 4x speed, blimy id be another year old if i kept doing that lol haha

Motoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
hear about this all the time, simply burn to what ever you think is best, if it works then stick with it or try faster, 8x speed is probably most reliable, all pretty much the same though.
smile.gif

Oh couldn't write at 2.4 or 4x speed, blimy id be another year old if i kept doing that lol haha
for sure, I cant be arsed to wait for a 2x burn.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: These cotton candy grapes be pretty addictive