Homebrew Question Disable TV mode for pass through charging?

t1op

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I have a USB hub with pass through charging plugged into my switch, it automatically switches to TV mode. Is there a way to prevent this so that I can have a USB controller or hard drive plugged in while playing in handheld and tabletop mode?
I know there is a Hori stand that can do this, but is there a way to do this in CFW?

skullkeeper94

Professional USB Corrupter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, a USB-C to USB (female) adapter I'd think would do the job, just terribly. There is this one stand that moves the USB-C port to the back of the switch so there's that. I think your best bet is just the TV :^)

t1op

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, a USB-C to USB (female) adapter I'd think would do the job, just terribly. There is this one stand that moves the USB-C port to the back of the switch so there's that. I think your best bet is just the TV :^)

The problem with just a USB-C adapter is that I both want power in and to plug a controller or hard drive in while in portable mode.

I have since found a possible solution. I discovered that when I switched from my official power adapter to a generic one on Amazon, it stayed in portable mode. (I even got an on screen notification that it failed to switch to TV mode. )
Not sure if that reaction is particular to my hub, but it is at least one way...
I have six switches for Mario Kart but only two off brand adapters. So for now I'm limited by either Switch battery life with usb controllers or joy con battery life (and wear and tear on those flimsy analog sticks). I may end up forking out more to get those 3rd party power adapters so I can have long play time and preserve the joy cons, but I'm not there yet...
There was a 3rd party stand I found that has a table top or TV switch, but it's $35 and that's a bit more pricey than a power adapter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway +1