I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I see alot of people out there have to ask a fellow gbatemper for a sakura with disk check disabled because disk check locks them out.

I started looking into a way to do this when Jakob needed me to send him my sakura folder. So I just sent my m3sakura folder when disk check was disabled and he said it worked. So I then started looking for differences in the files in the m3sakura folder. So I finally find the differences and found that the GUI settings for m3 sakura are probably in m3sakura.dat. I was right because I copied over a m3sakura.dat from a sakura that had disk check disabled and it worked!

Quick tutorial:

1. Download this m3sakura.dat: http://www.mediafire.com/?lvnjdhjened
2. Put it in SYSTEM/m3sakura/ and overwrite the old one
3. Your Sakura should start without diskcheck on (it will probably also overwrite any other settings you had set in the GUI settings).

Note: This was only tested with Sakura 1.42 2nd Edition (the latest). It should work on all of the latest version, but you may get errors if you try this on a version in the future that adds more options to the GUI Settings menu. If it doesn't work just take a m3sakura.dat file that has diskcheck disabled and save it on your computer just in case sakura decides to lock you out.

I tried hex editing the hexadecimal from one m3sakura.dat to another and it looks just like one with disk check disabled but for some reason it doesn't change anything. So it must be somewhat like editing images and trying to put it back on a DSi.

Anyways that's it!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That's awesome. I've always thought about uploading M3 Sakura with Disk Check disabled, but I prefer to keep the files the way they are. But now people can do it themselves
biggrin.gif
I'll link this on the FAQ.

Ultralex

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No need for this!
On Windows just run ScanDisk over your SD Card and Checkdisk won't find any errors.
Just make a right click on your SD Card>Properties>Extras and then Scan Disk.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ultralex said:
No need for this!
On Windows just run ScanDisk over your SD Card and Checkdisk won't find any errors.

Unless it doesn't work or that Sakura's disk check just freezes instead of giving an error.

Basically I could also say you could just reformat your card but people don't want to do that. Plus this works for Mac users too.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm this could prove to be useful... I would still rather have it check anyways on the first run at the very least so I know if my microSD card is corrupt or not.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I only have this issue with the 8gb card wich I think it is class -2 (it really have the worst transfer speed), and with the 4gb wich it is really class 4 it runs the app as normal...!!

japzone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran into the same problem. It wasn't that the formatting was bad(I had just formatted it) it complained about my Card being to Big(Why this would be a problem, Who knows) Thanks for uploading
biggrin.gif
This will help alot.

comegalletas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello to all;

I just have that same issue with the Disk Checking utility that makes my Sakura freeze.

I have read carefully and haven´t found a m3sakura.dat file for M3Sakura Ver 147x 3rd that have the feature off. Also have tried to reinstall after erasing the content first with no luck.

By any chance someone may have an m3sakura.dat file for M3Sakura Ver 147x 3rd with Disk Check off?

Thanks a lot.

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
comegalletas said:
Hello to all;

I just have that same issue with the Disk Checking utility that makes my Sakura freeze.

I have read carefully and haven´t found a m3sakura.dat file for M3Sakura Ver 147x 3rd that have the feature off. Also have tried to reinstall after erasing the content first with no luck.

By any chance someone may have an m3sakura.dat file for M3Sakura Ver 147x 3rd with Disk Check off?

Thanks a lot.
You can update other than m3sakura folder. I have not overwritten the folder since I set up Japanese lang(replace *.936 with *.932, put skin, etc) for 1.44.

BTW isn't anyone interested in nds.m3loader.nds?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
You can update other than m3sakura folder. I have not overwritten the folder since I set up Japanese lang(replace *.936 with *.932, put skin, etc) for 1.44.

I would be interested in it, but my final DS part and supposed M3iZero have not arrived yet TT-TT, but once they do...it will probably be a different story =D.

comegalletas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Xenon++ said:
comegalletas said:
Hello to all;

Thanks a lot.

Please Xenon++ don´t flame me, and accept my apologies in advance for my ignorance, but what is nds.m3loader.nds?

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
comegalletas said:
Xenon++ said:
comegalletas said:
Hello to all;

Thanks a lot.

Please Xenon++ don´t flame me, and accept my apologies in advance for my ignorance, but what is nds.m3loader.nds?
It writes minibuff.swp then jumps to /system/minigame.*(loader). Much faster than inilink.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
comegalletas said:
Hello to all;

Thanks a lot.

Yes I could upload that m3sakura.dat with disk check off. I'll do it later today.

But before I do I suggest you try backing up your microsd's contents and formatting it with the low level formatter.

comegalletas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello to all;

Thanks to all for the help; I figured out what the issue was and therefore I want to share the cause and solution in case it happens to someone else.

After checking and formatting the SD card no errors were detected, even thou the freeze still always happened, even if I manually replaced the m3sakura.dat file. so I tried with another pc, formatted the SD card, copied over all files and voilá the freeze on the Sakura was gone.

What happened ? well on my main PC I have a program called Panda USB Vaccine and it does create an autorun.inf file that is hidden, system and in fact corrupted in purpose in order to stop infections from worms. In a nutshell I need to disable the auto vaccine for that program, otherwise whenever I insert the SD card on the PC the same issue will arise.

So a word of advice to all those that have freezes with Disk Check utility on the Sakura boot ---- search for corrupted files ----

thtl1999

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
Ultralex said:
No need for this!

Unless it doesn't work or that Sakura's disk check just freezes instead of giving an error.

Basically I could also say you could just reformat your card but people don't want to do that. Plus this works for Mac users too.

That reason made me to format my sdcard 4 times and you saved me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16