Disable Adrenaline hotkeys?

Dedly1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, I'm wondering if there's a way to disable or change the hotkeys Adrenaline uses for PSX games.

Specifically the slowdown/speedup feature!

As there are a few games which use the select+LR combinations for certain actions, this feature gets in the way.
Syndicate wars comes to mind as an example.

An otherwise good emulator, I simply can not use it due to this annoyance and Retroarch has it's own issues with performance.
Thanks for any information on this one.

zebragreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello!

There's several places where hotkeys can be configured in Adrenaline.

1. When inside a PSX Game, hold the PS Button and select "Open Official Settings", to bring you to the official Sony PSX remap config.

2. The next place is the Adrenaline Menu itself, which is also accessed through the PS Button and is colored red.

3. The next menu can be found by holding Select while in the PSP or PSX game to bring up an on screen GUI built into the PSP Emulator, which also contains button configs and shortcuts. (Try toggling "Enable rePSP")

4. Lastly, you can install the Vita-wide plugin "reVita" which has full Adrenaline support with per-game settings, to reconfigure or remove any hotkey or button combination. You should be able to make Select+L do nothing whilst keeping both buttons functioning individually.

I can tell you I have never had anything trigger or any speed adjustments ever happen when pressing Select and L/R (Since I use that shortcut for volume)

Dedly1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello!

There's several places where hotkeys can be configured in Adrenaline.

1. When inside a PSX Game, hold the PS Button and select "Open Official Settings", to bring you to the official Sony PSX remap config.

2. The next place is the Adrenaline Menu itself, which is also accessed through the PS Button and is colored red.

3. The next menu can be found by holding Select while in the PSP or PSX game to bring up an on screen GUI built into the PSP Emulator, which also contains button configs and shortcuts. (Try toggling "Enable rePSP")

4. Lastly, you can install the Vita-wide plugin "reVita" which has full Adrenaline support with per-game settings, to reconfigure or remove any hotkey or button combination. You should be able to make Select+L do nothing whilst keeping both buttons functioning individually.

I can tell you I have never had anything trigger or any speed adjustments ever happen when pressing Select and L/R (Since I use that shortcut for volume)
Well thanks for the intel zebra.

I gave this a shot, and here's what I've got.

Step 3 not appllicable, did not find 'rePSP' in other menus for Adrenaline or ReVita.

Moving on to ReVita
There is no hotkey listed for or category targeting Adrenaline.
All other keys can be defined as per the plugin/game as noted.

These particular hotkeys must be buried a bit deeper in the Adrenaline code, potentially requiring a recompile with the feature commented out.

On side note, the Select+L toggle might only be functional with PSX games, not sure.

Anyway thanks again for the insight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow