Dios Mios USB Simple Guide

As I have experienced reading the Dios Mios guide, it has missed out a few points which are important to it

As most people know you would download the dios mios wad from the main page and install it with something like Wadmanager 1.7

Installing Dios Mios 2.0 Wad

To install the wad you need to use Wadmanager 1.7 or any wad mananger which is best for you. When you install I reccomend that you uninstall Dios Mios Lite to make it a clean install rather than install over it. All you need to do then is select the Dios Mios wad file and install it. With that done its ready to use

Now for setting up the USB Drive

The Parition which is FAT32 must be the Active Primary parition on the hard drive because it needs to boot from it, using a parition mananger you should be able to rearrange the paritions hopefully
The Games need to be in a folder called Games or games on the root of the USB and must be extracted by using DiscEx (This can be found on the Dios Mios website) or
c204.gif
Cleanrip (Whichever tool is best for you works too).
Ii have found to be easier to do. (ISO'S will not work if they are just stuck in that folder, they must be extracted and kept in seperate folders)

It is important for it to be USB1: which is silly because no one says about it but this is important to know if it was not USB1: (As in the first partition)

I hope this helps you set it up and get it working easier.

Q: Why isnt it working on my USB Loader GX?
A: The latest USB Loader GX will only work with Dios Mios Lite still but if you download the latest beta it will work so long as the custom path is set up by going into the Custom Paths option of the Settings.

USB GC Path must be USB1:\\Games\ (if you select a folder inside the games folder it will only show that game rather than every one it is important to open the games folder though and select OK when inside it as this will be the root section where gamecube games are stored

Latest USB Loaders which work with Dios Mios 2.0 can be found by searching on Google or the forum

I know this out of having the issue myself and think this is important for anyone to know because it really helps with saving time and questions.

Reactions: AskaLangly

CrvyloOo

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have the latest Version of USB Loader GX, but whenever I try to play a GameCube game, it makes me copy it to an SD card first. So it seems to be stuck in DIOS MIOS Lite mode, but I can't find anywhere in the options to switch from DML to DM. I also can't find a download to the latest USB Loader GX beta. Could anyone help me out?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The latest beta (available in the stickied topic on this forum, just look at the one called USB Loader GX at the top), is detecting your installed MIOS version and will ask you to copy to SD or play from USB depending to the one you have.
You can install only one MIOS at a time : either DIOS MIOS, DIOS MIOS Lite, QuadForce or the official MIOS.
Installing another one will overwrite the previous one automatically (do not uninstall them).

AskaLangly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
It annoys me that USB Loader GX doen't have an option to opt-in to beta builds. Maybe it should...
I assume that is the only way to play GC games on DM2.0+ via USB Loader, right? Upgrade to beta?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes you need a beta revision for the moment.
I answered you in the main USB GX's topic.

you can also use any other loaders if they have built-in auto-update.

Lumnous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It annoys me that USB Loader GX doen't have an option to opt-in to beta builds. Maybe it should...
I assume that is the only way to play GC games on DM2.0+ via USB Loader, right? Upgrade to beta?
Its probably they want to protect users from issues incase it bricks them im guessing. One thing i hope they improve on is that when your playing with ocarina on for games that it doesnt say "Hey you dont have any cheats on are they missing?" which i think should be able to be turned off

But yes, you need to download the beta version of USB Loader GX in order to play it, dont worry its simple enough to do after that you need to set the custom path to where the games are held to USB1:\\Games (Dont select a folder inside the games folder or else it will only show that game and not all the rest

Lumnous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The latest beta (available in the stickied topic on this forum, just look at the one called USB Loader GX at the top), is detecting your installed MIOS version and will ask you to copy to SD or play from USB depending to the one you have.
You can install only one MIOS at a time : either DIOS MIOS, DIOS MIOS Lite, QuadForce or the official MIOS.
Installing another one will overwrite the previous one automatically (do not uninstall them).
You could uninstall them and it would still work from what ive tried, it doesnt matter if its uninstalled just remember to reinstall MiosV10 when youve done with dios mios or dios mios lite, to reinstall them you can use DopMii or whatever tool you feel like to reinstall it back

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
One thing i hope they improve on is that when your playing with ocarina on for games that it doesnt say "Hey you dont have any cheats on are they missing?" which i think should be able to be turned off
why enabling Ocarina for games that don't have any code enabled?
You are setting Ocarina always ON in the global setting for all games? and disabled them one by one?

You better disable Ocarin in the global, and enable it only on games you create GCT for.
Well, that's just my idea of the way it should work. you need to go to the game setting select the codes anyway, that menu is not too far from the game setting to enable ocarina at the same time.

The alerts are there to inform the user that he may have miss something, a menu, a setting.
It's not to annoy you and force you to click ok each time before launching game.

Lumnous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
One thing i hope they improve on is that when your playing with ocarina on for games that it doesnt say "Hey you dont have any cheats on are they missing?" which i think should be able to be turned off
why enabling Ocarina for games that don't have any code enabled?
You are setting Ocarina always ON in the global setting for all games? and disabled them one by one?

You better disable Ocarin in the global, and enable it only on games you create GCT for.
Well, that's just my idea of the way it should work. you need to go to the game setting select the codes anyway, that menu is not too far from the game setting to enable ocarina at the same time.

The alerts are there to inform the user that he may have miss something, a menu, a setting.
It's not to annoy you and force you to click ok each time before launching game.
Yeah i know its nice they do that though it makes sure you check before you play.

Tonio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is important for it to be USB1: which is silly because no one says about it but this is important to know if it was not USB1: (As in the first partition)

I hope this helps you set it up and get it working easier.

Q: Why isnt it working on my USB Loader GX?
A: The latest USB Loader GX will only work with Dios Mios Lite still but if you download the latest beta it will work so long as the custom path is set up by going into the Custom Paths option of the Settings.

USB GC Path must be USB1:\\Games\ (if you select a folder inside the games folder it will only show that game rather than every one it is important to open the games folder though and select OK when inside it as this will be the root section where gamecube games are stored

Kind of confusing, do I need to name the FAT 32 partition USB1?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, on the Wii, the partitions on your drives are references as USB followed by the partition number in the order they are detected.
The wii doesn't read the partition name (it's a thing that only Windows do), so the homebrew gives a number to each of your partition automatically each time you launch it.

If you have 2 HDD (port0 and port1)
HDD 1:
partition 1 : USB1:/
partition 2 : USB2:/
HDD2 (port1)
Partition 1 : USB3:/
etc.

You can have up to USB8:/ on USBLoaderGX for example. (that limit may be different in different homebrew).

DIOS MIOS require that your FAT32 partition is the first one on your drive, so we often refer to it as USB1:/
as it's the very first partition that the homebrew are detecting.

put your games on
x:\games\game name [Title ID6]\game.iso
with x being the drive letter of your first partition on your drive.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for letting us know!

CrystalBall1.gif

Oh, it says you want help...

CrystalBall1.gif

my Cristal ball is broken, I don't see what you did, where you did, how you did, when you did, with what version you did the thing that prevent you to change the folder.

You already PMed me about your problem, and I told you that you needed to explain MORE things, you need to give a lot of details if you want users to understand what's wrong, because you are the only one with that problem.
It's working fine for other users, so it's NOT the loader's problem but something you didn't do correctly.
We need to know your setup if you want users to help you.

We have 10 topic per day from users with DIOS MIOS not working because they didn't read the guides, didn't read the forum, didn't read other user's telling they have the exact same problem and found the solution, instead users decide to post that again and again without reading/searching other user's solutions.

Maybe we should create a "my DIOS MIOS is not working... Please help me" and make a typical report form with all needed informations because we can't guess or foresee user's settings.

eburn

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi. I can't find a way to successfully uninstall DML, I installed DM several times to try to overwrite it, but USB Loader GX keeps saying that "The game is on USB".
The "loader settings" screen of the Loader GX still has the DML options, and I was able to set the "Main GameCUbe Path" as usb1:/ in "Custom Paths" screen, but the next option still is the "SD GameCube Path" and when I try to set it to usb1:/, it says "The path must be on SD!"

What am I possibly doing wrong?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I can't find a way to successfully uninstall DML, I installed DM several times to try to overwrite it, but USB Loader GX keeps saying that "The game is on USB".
The "loader settings" screen of the Loader GX still has the DML options, and I was able to set the "Main GameCUbe Path" as usb1:/ in "Custom Paths" screen, but the next option still is the "SD GameCube Path" and when I try to set it to usb1:/, it says "The path must be on SD!"

What am I possibly doing wrong?
You're using an outdated loader. Update to one of the beta revisions.
link to r1214 on google code

littlecubba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
slightly of topic... which is better GCReEX or DiscEX
(already know GCReEX has a faster load speed, more room taken up as it's uncompressed) so i guess i'm asking which has a better compatibility or is that a stupid question as both have the same?

hanchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, I have an issue that my gamecube controllers are not working with gamecube games run via DiOS MIOS. the gamecube controllers works with wii games, so I believe the controllers and the ports are working fine.

it used to work fine until I bricked my wii, then after I unbricked it, the problem with DiOS MIOS started. the games still run but can't detect the controllers, except for Rogue Leaders.

I tried to install MIOS v10 wad again using cIOS 249 which after wad installation, the gamecube games would not work with message that I need to install DiOS MIOS. in which after I install DiOS MIOS wad ver 2.2 ; 2.6 ; and 2.10 all resulted on the same issue as above.

Any idea how to get the gamecube controllers works with DiOs MIOS again? Thanks in advance.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
install MIOS V10
Launch a retail GameCube Disc from the Disc channel (not from an USB Loader).
check if your controller works, It's usually enough to fix the problem.

Then, reinstall DIOS MIOS (Lite) and try again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1