Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny, at fist I thought this was just gonna be another trollish thread to piss off crediar before anything was even announced, it could still go that way but turns out this whole thing is legit.

wiismodrome

flubber
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's funny, at fist I thought this was just gonna be another trollish thread to piss off crediar before anything was even announced, it could still go that way but turns out this whole thing is legit.

USB loading with DIOS MIOS is legit - crediar has posted a video on YouTube.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
whatever encoded format Devolution has, will it be compatible with DIOS MIOS & DIOS MIOS Lite?

Anyway... someone will eventually get around the AP protection, when it's released. I respect what work is being done, but I think I'll stick with DM... for now.

Edit: I've changed the first paragraph into a question.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It will be cracked in no time. Especially if it leaves the running IOS intact.
Riddle me this: the system reset exception vector (where the CPU starts running code from when it powers on or resets) is at 0xFFF00100, which doesn't exist in the wii's physical RAM. How do you plan to spy on it using IOS?

Reactions: 3 people

mj0ln3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's like me saying I will prefer 2014 to 2020, right now in 2012.
We both know the world is going to end this year anyway. After all, one of the Mayan's many calendars only goes up to 2012. :P

Hehe disproved! Mayan calendar didnt include leap years :3 According to their calendar, the world would have ended around feburary :D

But yeah, Dios Mios and Devolution, ive been waiting for one of these two to come out :D 2TB HDD, and I want to be able to put it to use :D

no, the world will still end http://jameswatt.me/2012/03/07/mayan-calendar-and-the-gregorian-leap-year/

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dolphin doesn't implement CPU resetting.

The source code for dolphin is available, so anything it doesn't support can be added.
All you can do is hope that nobody can be bothered.

You are funny, Dolphin doesn't even emulate IOS it just HLE it, so if tueidj has a modified IOS or patches IOS in anyway it will not work unless you add a full ARM emu to dolphin.
Nobody will crack tueidj's devolution ...

Reactions: 1 person

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although there's little to go on at the moment, the prospect of two homebrew Gamecube USB loaders is pretty exciting.

WODE has been available for a few years now and it's a pretty good hardware solution; but doesn't support audio streaming. A software-based GC USB loader with full audio streaming support would be a dream come true for a lot of Gamecube fans, allowing both Wii and GC games on a USB drive. SD loading is fine, but USB loading is better, IMO.
It doesn't really matter because an SD card is just generally smaller. And not everyone has an external drive (though I wish). Just get a 16/32 GB card.

you can get a 32 gb flash drive for around as much as a 32 gb sd card. So unless you are gonna be using the sd card for a camera as well, it seems USB would be the superior option (assuming dios mios will have similar compatibility as dml)

There really is no "superior option". People buy an sd card or usb drive to what best suits their needs. Everyone has a different set up.

there is a "superior option". if your goal is storage for games to play on your Wii, usb would support all your homebrew and games. this is, of course assuming, that dios mios will actually work.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
there is a "superior option". if your goal is storage for games to play on your Wii, usb would support all your homebrew and games. this is, of course assuming, that dios mios will actually work.
The "superiority" of an option depends solely on an individual's needs. If one person has a 32GB SDHC card and two GC games they want to play, SD loading is perfectly sufficient without them having to purchase a USB drive. If another person has a 500GB USB HDD they already use for other Wii related stuff, and only have a 512MB SD card, USB loading is better for them. It is completely dependent on an individual's needs/wants.

Resident Stevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'll be damn glad when this happens and it's implemented in USB Loader GX. Right now I got my GC games on my USB drive already and GX copies them over to the SD card when I want to load them. This will certainly save time and disk space for me.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "superiority" of an option depends solely on an individual's needs. If one person has a 32GB SDHC card and two GC games they want to play, SD loading is perfectly sufficient without them having to purchase a USB drive. If another person has a 500GB USB HDD they already use for other Wii related stuff, and only have a 512MB SD card, USB loading is better for them. It is completely dependent on an individual's needs/wants.
thats basicaly what i just said dude...

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Dolphin doesn't implement CPU resetting.

The source code for dolphin is available, so anything it doesn't support can be added.
All you can do is hope that nobody can be bothered.

You are funny, Dolphin doesn't even emulate IOS it just HLE it, so if tueidj has a modified IOS or patches IOS in anyway it will not work unless you add a full ARM emu to dolphin.
Nobody will crack tueidj's devolution ...

What about this here? http://code.google.com/p/broadoff/
Is this useful in some way? Granted I never understood the purpose of this project.

edit: ninja'd

klio451

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No download available yet....

With USB working there is the potential for using bluetooth controllers in gamecube games.
Which could be very useful for people with new wii's.

If they could get the Classic Controller to work for Gamecube games, that would be a GODSEND!
I talked with crediar and he told me the following:

Nope, I will not add it either, way toooo much work and I just don't care about playing a GC game with something else than a GC controller.

Also if you read the devolution thread you would know that CC support is planed,
but so far no progress on it has been mentioned by tueidj, though he posted all his other progress i.e. audiostreaming.

Resident Stevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't meant to try and change his opinion or anything but there are games that would be played better with a Classic Controller than a Gamecube controller.

Like say for example, Capcom vs SNK 2.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol