Hacking Dios Mios Multiple Disc Games.

Tonakai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys.

I've been doing my research and all the information regarding this I've found has stated that one should either use Swiss, Dolphin or Game saves to get around the disc swap.

However, I just had a quick looksie on the Dios Mios Googlecode, and it states under the features list that it supports this; "Automatic .ISO switching for multi disc titles".

I'm curious as to how you'd set this up as it does not seem to be working for me.

Thanks for your time.

Edit: Just thought I should add I am using Dios Mios in conjunction with a 1TB External HDD with a 500gb Fat32 partition in which my games are all loaded on.

Edit 2: My bad. I tried a different query and got the answer immediately.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It does. I just played thorugh MGS: Twin Snakes today.

What you do is convert each disc as you normally would. Than rename the second disc as "disc2.iso," put it in the same folder as disc one. And voila.

luke9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats what i did with resident evil zero but it wouldnt work but i dont have to many 2 disc games so it might be it does not work yet

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Then it should work.

You have DM 2.6
You have boths ISO in the same folder, one named "game.iso" and the other named "disc2.iso" (verify the cases, as "Game" or "DISC2" will not work. everything must be in lowercases)

What happens when you launch the game?
It's loading Disc1 or Disc2 first?
DIOS MIOS is Automatically swapping the discs when required, there's no user interaction needed from your part. Could it be why you though it didn't work?
Is the game stuck on the "please change disc" screen?

luke9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used dm toolbox to install them and when it goes to switch discs i get the please switch disc screen and then it just says there was a error and to turn off the machine, im not near the wii currently but will be soon, but i can answer any other questions about the setup if you ask

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
only other thing I can think of is the version of BC. it should be BC v6 but you certainly already have this one or you'd have experienced blackscreens.

Do you have another multiDisc game to test?
Maybe that game doesn't work.
You could ask in the main DIOS MIOS thread to see if other users tested it.

luke9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only 2 disc games i have are resident evil zero, resident evil and resident evil 4 and i cant get re and re4 to rip only zero has been successful

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you try ripping the disc with different homebrew?
Cleanrip is the best choice if USBloaders can't do it, then rename the iso and place them in the correct folder.

luke9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is the screen i get when it trys to switch
wiierrornb1.jpg

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For USBLoaderGX you can use r1205 or newer version

Did you try different loaders?
The error you have could be only a problem with that game, but we can't know until you can try another one.
Maybe it's the second disc which is not good and not the swapping feature. Could you try with USBloaderGX r1207, when you launch the game it will ask you to select the disc to launch. Select "Disc2". If you get this error again right after loading then it's your Disc2 which is not working with DM.

BC is the "Backward Compatible" IOS, it's used to switch the Wii's CPU/Memory to the same state as a GameCube console, allowing you to play gamecube games on Wii.
There are different versions of the "BC", but if your Wii is updated to 4.3 then you already have the latest version.

luke9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For USBLoaderGX you can use r1205 or newer version

Did you try different loaders?
The error you have could be only a problem with that game, but we can't know until you can try another one.
Maybe it's the second disc which is not good and not the swapping feature. Could you try with USBloaderGX r1207, when you launch the game it will ask you to select the disc to launch. Select "Disc2". If you get this error again right after loading then it's your Disc2 which is not working with DM.

BC is the "Backward Compatible" IOS, it's used to switch the Wii's CPU/Memory to the same state as a GameCube console, allowing you to play gamecube games on Wii.
There are different versions of the "BC", but if your Wii is updated to 4.3 then you already have the latest version.
my wii is not 4.3u and when i load disc 2 i get to the main menu of the game and if i try to load my save game it asks for disc 1 and then i get that error so im guessing its either the game(which is most likely) or its cause im not on 4.3

just tried wii flow and cfg loader and neither worked so its most likely the game or the fact im not 4.3

checked syscheck and it said BC V6 on wii 4.1u

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you have BC v6 then you are fine.
4.3 or 4.1 has nothing to do with GameCube or homebrew compatibility.

It's either a problem with the game, or with the swap process.
It seems your games work fine, only the swap make the game crash
It can be a DIOS MIOS problem if you have the error in the Disc2 -> Disc1 way too

You should ask in the official DIOS MIOS (Lite) thread if other users tested that game. If they have the same error it's DM fault, if not it's your ISO.

luke9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have BC v6 then you are fine.
4.3 or 4.1 has nothing to do with GameCube or homebrew compatibility.

It's either a problem with the game, or with the swap process.
It seems your games work fine, only the swap make the game crash
It can be a DIOS MIOS problem if you have the error in the Disc2 -> Disc1 way too

You should ask in the official DIOS MIOS (Lite) thread if other users tested that game. If they have the same error it's DM fault, if not it's your ISO.
i asked and also did some reading in the thread and someone had tested re 2,3 and code v and someone else said re4 works when switching but so far no one has said anything about the others

EDIT am i supposed to have a sys folder in with the multidisc games?

rikstr12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have CFG USB and need help in installing multi disk games like Baten Kaitos, everything else seems to work great when I install disk 1. When I insert disk 2 it doesn't do anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: