Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which Swiss rev are you using? Last time I used my Wiikey WiiSD with Swiss 0.2 - revision 124 I'm sure Wave Race Blue Storm did not played audio streaming music during races..

Sorry about the Off topic, but I can confirm that there's no audio streaming with newest DIOS MIOS update
No need to confirm as tueidj's word is enough.
If this turned out to be his case, thats teh epic lulz from a true pirate lol.
The epic lulz come from the fact that DIOS MIOS copied the audio streaming patches from Swiss, so they use the exact same code (which does nothing).
Well yes good point and all but who would know this other than the devs?
Or am I the only one who didn't know about this?

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How does one install both discs of Killer7 because the latest version of DM just won't let me boot a disc from the drive (just sticks on the splash screen) and I keep getting this message on GX that its already been installed because of it being the same as Disc 1

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never cared for the audio streaming issue.
None of the games I play have that problem so its whatever.
I love all the star fox games, except adventures. However I would like to see where this conversation turns out. Swiss, audio streaming.

Are you sure you aren't loading from the disc?

Dude, I am playing it right now, and I am using Swiss, with a WiiKey WiiSD, and I am getting music, sound, and voice, which, would not work without audio streaming. I am smoking nothing atm, (trust me, though... i really wish I was). I am jst givin my feedback on what I am seeing with my own two eyes, and hearing with my own two ears.
You are missing all the voice acting from the cut scenes as well as various other sound effects. Perhaps you don't realize because you haven't played the original? Play Crazy Taxi or WaveRace and see if you get any music if you're so sure it works.
I am loadin from Swiss using WiiKey WiiSD

Dude, I am playing it right now, and I am using Swiss, with a WiiKey WiiSD, and I am getting music, sound, and voice, which, would not work without audio streaming. I am smoking nothing atm, (trust me, though... i really wish I was). I am jst givin my feedback on what I am seeing with my own two eyes, and hearing with my own two ears.
You are missing all the voice acting from the cut scenes as well as various other sound effects. Perhaps you don't realize because you haven't played the original? Play Crazy Taxi or WaveRace and see if you get any music if you're so sure it works.

I have played the original... I am guessin the part where I'm off about is the fact that last time I tried playin SFA using DM/DML, i didn't get anything I get with Swiss, subtitles show up when they're supposd to on time with Swiss, where as every time i try with DML, they show up late. And more audio is missin when i played using DM/DML. I get voice during gameplay, such as Fox and Tricky (Fox's sidekick for the game, for those who haven't played) talking. I guess the audio streamin is used more durin cutscenes... Figured all of it would've been audio streaming. Howeve, it is confirmed that Star Fox Adventures does not get music or voices, and DM gets late subtitles. "Star Fox Adventures No voices and music, subtitles are late" (source : https://code.google.com/p/diosmios/wiki/GameIssues ).
I will admit that during cutscens, all I get using Swiss is broken audio, which sounds like a tv when it's all staticy.

Probably just a bunch of confusion on my part of this...

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I never cared for the audio streaming issue.
None of the games I play have that problem so its whatever.
I love all the star fox games, except adventures. However I would like to see where this conversation turns out. Swiss, audio streaming.

Are you sure you aren't loading from the disc?

I am loadin from Swiss using WiiKey WiiSD

I have played the original... I am guessin the part where I'm off about is the fact that last time I tried playin SFA using DM/DML, i didn't get anything I get with Swiss, subtitles show up when they're supposd to on time with Swiss, where as every time i try with DML, they show up late. And more audio is missin when i played using DM/DML. I get voice during gameplay, such as Fox and Tricky (Fox's sidekick for the game, for those who haven't played) talking. I guess the audio streamin is used more durin cutscenes... Figured all of it would've been audio streaming. Howeve, it is confirmed that Star Fox Adventures does not get music or voices, and DM gets late subtitles. "Star Fox Adventures No voices and music, subtitles are late" (source : https://code.google....wiki/GameIssues ).
I will admit that during cutscens, all I get using Swiss is broken audio, which sounds like a tv when it's all staticy.

Probably just a bunch of confusion on my part of this...
All key charaters have audio streaming, those are missing too.
The little voice effect aren't streamed.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How does one install both discs of Killer7 because the latest version of DM just won't let me boot a disc from the drive (just sticks on the splash screen) and I keep getting this message on GX that its already been installed because of it being the same as Disc 1
It has nothing to do with DIOS MIOS. why not posting in GX topic instead?
edit:
I see you posted it in GX topic too.
I've answered you there.

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It has nothing to do with DIOS MIOS. why not posting in GX topic instead?
edit:
I see you posted it in GX topic too.
I've answered you there.

Sorry i should have worded that better as I actually ahve two problems

1. I cant add both discs of Killer7 to GX

2. Discs wont work, they just stick on the splash screen

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I may have come across a possible but far from ideal solution to playing multi disc games such as ToS.

Download a save file (.gci format) which has been saved just after the disc switch. Inject the save file into your NGC memory card (I have no idea about NMM). And just play on. I did this with ToS and I was able to load up the second disc and go through a cutscene. and move about. Obvirsously make sure the gci file is compatible with your game's region.

It's far from ideal as it's not 'your game' you will be continuing and regarding injecting save files, there seems to be an issue about doing it with official memory cards so I just used a third party memory card I have. But considering the present situation, there's not much else.

MaxP90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, DML works perfectly on my Wii but DM doesn't.
I've tried SSBM, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart DD and F-Zero, both compressed and uncompressed an all I get is the DM splash screen, than just black screen. I have not checked the md5 but the very same isos work with DML. I'm using fix94's DM booter.
The HD (a WD my passport) is formatted to fat32 with 32k cluster size and the games are in a 'games' folder.

Any thoughts?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the same problem, so I thought it was maybe because I have a Wiikey (if it affects the drive emulation in anyway).
That's why I asked other users to test disc mode for me in GX thread.

Maybe the USBGecko logs would be useful to Crediar.
I can try different game dics (PAL/NTSC-U) on my PAL wii and post logs.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is there any chance NMM can support GCI files or raw memory card dumps instead of just raw files in the future? There seems to be no way to convert the raw files back into a GCI for the purpose of putting them on real memory cards/emulated memory cards(dolphin).

Skraaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've tried SSBM, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart DD and F-Zero, both compressed and uncompressed an all I get is the DM splash screen, than just black screen.
Any thoughts?

Make another image of a game and use "fstfix game.iso t" (force 32k align), some of converted games that I used for DML work with DM perfectly and some I had to rerip and convert again. I had the same problem with few games.

Is there any chance NMM can support GCI files instead of just raw files in the future? There seems to be no way to convert the raw files back into a GCI for the purpose of putting them on real memory cards.

NMM isn't reliable now as it is and the bigger issues with DM are some compatibility problems in certain games - that should be handled first. It's still more of a novelty than useful feat. You can always grab a $2 NGC random brand memory card.But overall agreed, it would be nice.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried SSBM, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart DD and F-Zero, both compressed and uncompressed an all I get is the DM splash screen, than just black screen. I have not checked the md5 but the very same isos work with DML. I'm using fix94's DM booter.
The HD (a WD my passport) is formatted to fat32 with 32k cluster size and the games are in a 'games' folder.

Any thoughts?

One thing I saw was some people who were in the same situation as you (DML ok, DM no), they installed a fresh version of MIOSv10 (I used DOP Mii) and then installed DIOS MIOS for it to work.
That could work for you perhaps.

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem, so I thought it was maybe because I have a Wiikey (if it affects the drive emulation in anyway).
That's why I asked other users to test disc mode for me in GX thread.

Maybe the USBGecko logs would be useful to Crediar.
I can try different game dics (PAL/NTSC-U) on my PAL wii and post logs.

I've got retail's of both discs (NTSC), I'll give them a shot after work

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Regarding audio streaming, there is a working patch in the source code for YAOSM 3.2. From what I understand, the patch was borrowed from Wiinja (early Wii modchip).

Reactions: 1 person

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh... I'm not suggesting that the GC audio fix can be ported directly to a USB loader... just pointing out that the code exists... and that it works.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh... I'm not suggesting that the GC audio fix can be ported directly to a USB loader... just pointing out that the code exists... and that it works.

wait: so there is a software based solution that exists and works on wii... why couldn't it be ported?.. unless it relies on hardware modchip... right?

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
wait: so there is a software based solution that exists and works on wii... why couldn't it be ported?.. unless it relies on hardware modchip... right?

Frankly, I'm not sure why GC audio streaming has been such a tough nut to crack. Even most of the modchip programmers messed it up and WODE, which can play GC via USB, never supported it. From my own experience, I've only found working audio streaming support on disc with D2A/D2B/DMS drives using the appropriate modchip (Wiinja, YAOSM 3.2, and apparently Wiikey v1 and NOT Wiikey 2). tueidj has apparently come up with a software solution, which suggests that special hardware is not required.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You woke sob +2