Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah f****ng he11. Despite having ALL gamecube games converted AND placed on my USB HDD, USB Loader GX STILL asks if I want to copy to the SDHC card. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!!?

not sure if you already said it and it got lost in the thread but what version of GX do you have?

I don't have the most recent revision, which I think is 1193 or something like that; I didn't even know they had a new SVN. Though why it doesn't have the GCN game list show up without the SD card is beyond me. Not sure why Twilight Princess never showed the prompt, but I'll install the new revision.

Well you need at least r1191, which you can find on the gx thread Cyan posted it or you can look on filetrip i uploaded it there

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revision 1191 is what I have, which is giving me the asinine SD card prompts

Idk what you are doing wrong :( Only thing I had to do to get it working was update to 1191 (clean install) and set the main path to USB:/games, then click "show gamecube games" then it gives you the option to launch from USB. It still has the sd card option cuz cyan only changed a couple lines of code to add the launch from USB option :P

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know WTF I did either, but I didn't do a clean install at all; I just replaced the old boot.dol with the updated revision. Plus I never deleted the config.xml or whatever it is that store the settings, so that would certainly explain why. Man does this suck....

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I don't know WTF I did either, but I didn't do a clean install at all; I just replaced the old boot.dol with the updated revision. Plus I never deleted the config.xml or whatever it is that store the settings, so that would certainly explain why. Man does this suck....
Just update to 1193. The SD copy prompt is removed from the code in that one.
Really, just click here. It's worth it. :D

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just update to 1193. The SD copy prompt is removed from the code in that one.
Really, just click here. It's worth it. :D

Thanks! Man is my face red!

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
My recent tests:

Medal of Honor European Assault (DiscEx, compressed) NTSC USA, HDD 250 GB WD FAT32 Cluster 32Kb,with and w/o disc, NMM enabled/disabled, DIOS MIOS last 00000008.app via Sneek+DI rev 193 Bootmii boot2 = Black screen, no loading or anything.

Medal of Honor Rising Sun Disc 1, same setup as above = Locks right before starting a mission.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@[member='Cyan'] Tested Killer7, doesn't boot from disc, just DM Splash screen from GX and nothing from Disc Channel (isn't that normal? I thought DM disabled booting retail games from disc) but boots fine when installed to HDD.
I don't even have that game. I tested my own retail games.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please help me I still have not fixed this problem.
I try loading a game from the SD card (DML) using Postloader, dm booter, wiiflow.
They all send me to a GCloader screen then it boots off the disc.
It never boots from my SD card, always the DVD drive.
I've uninstalled the DM 2.0 wad, installed the DML 1.5wad.
Nothing has worked :(

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete the boot.bin file in "games" folder on your SD, load again an iso and check if loads the correct game.
Nope still boots from the DVD Drive.
It lists all the games just fine. But it just doesn't want to boot any of them. Uggg. It was working just fine until I tried DM. I don't understand.

I am going to try and grab MIOS V10 and BC and re try again.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone that is on DM that came from DML.
Can you please try going back to DML and loading a game.
All my games are listed, but it always boots from the Disc, I have no idea why.
I've tried every loader, and so many methods of uninstalling wads, system menu, ios's etc.

DM doesn't boot from the disc, but it also doesn't work with my drive.
If I take out my GC disc, nothing gets booted at all and it just freezes at the GC Loader splash screen.

I need to get to bed but I look forward to replies tomorrow. Thanks.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
For anyone that is on DM that came from DML.
Can you please try going back to DML and loading a game.
All my games are listed, but it always boots from the Disc, I have no idea why.
I've tried every loader, and so many methods of uninstalling wads, system menu, ios's etc.

DM doesn't boot from the disc, but it also doesn't work with my drive.
If I take out my GC disc, nothing gets booted at all and it just freezes at the GC Loader splash screen.

I need to get to bed but I look forward to replies tomorrow. Thanks.

Can you post a syscheck? And with what loading method, what sort of loading info do you see as the program starts and can you give any more details?

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone gotten Cubivore working with version 2 update 4?

It's always been working for me since DM 2.0. Either from my Dobutsu Bancho disc or Cubivore disc (cleanrip'ped and dropped onto the discex.exe ico for conversion, no switches).
I'm on DM 2.0 update 4, USBLGX r1193 mod 2, internal HDD to USB case, cIOS' are DX2 v8 final, and I cannot think of any more relevant details right now.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Having every channel is fun lol
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    Actually, finally found someone who was looking for the same thing. https://gbatemp.net/threads/lost-hyrule-warriors-legends-v1-6-0-ntr-plugin.628141/ to no avail.
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    well, sorry for bugging yall with this.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sup nerds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sup dawg, watching old rap vids so feel like I gotta talk...Real
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not really just funny. I'm definitely a nerd!
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    Hi there, it's any way to recover original LFCS if I don't have a NAND backup?
    Bought second hand 3DS, it seems it was "unbanned" but that was before I bought it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got these in today for $20 stink buds they aren't that bad https://a.co/d/fOMSn8g
    +1
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my asshole every time I shit, or have my toilet seatbelt on.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my...