Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

MaxP90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, DML works perfectly on my Wii but DM doesn't.
I've tried SSBM, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart DD and F-Zero, both compressed and uncompressed an all I get is the DM splash screen, than just black screen. I have not checked the md5 but the very same isos work with DML. I'm using fix94's DM booter.
The HD (a WD my passport) is formatted to fat32 with 32k cluster size and the games are in a 'games' folder.

Any thoughts?
Make another image of a game and use "fstfix game.iso t" (force 32k align), some of converted games that I used for DML work with DM perfectly and some I had to rerip and convert again. I had the same problem with few games.
One thing I saw was some people who were in the same situation as you (DML ok, DM no), they installed a fresh version of MIOSv10 (I used DOP Mii) and then installed DIOS MIOS for it to work.
That could work for you perhaps.

neither did work

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never cared for the audio streaming issue.
None of the games I play have that problem so its whatever.
I love all the star fox games, except adventures. However I would like to see where this conversation turns out. Swiss, audio streaming.

Are you sure you aren't loading from the disc?

Dude, I am playing it right now, and I am using Swiss, with a WiiKey WiiSD, and I am getting music, sound, and voice, which, would not work without audio streaming. I am smoking nothing atm, (trust me, though... i really wish I was). I am jst givin my feedback on what I am seeing with my own two eyes, and hearing with my own two ears.
You are missing all the voice acting from the cut scenes as well as various other sound effects. Perhaps you don't realize because you haven't played the original? Play Crazy Taxi or WaveRace and see if you get any music if you're so sure it works.
If this turned out to be his case, thats teh epic lulz from a true pirate lol.
I am loadin from Swiss using WiiKey WiiSD

Dude, I am playing it right now, and I am using Swiss, with a WiiKey WiiSD, and I am getting music, sound, and voice, which, would not work without audio streaming. I am smoking nothing atm, (trust me, though... i really wish I was). I am jst givin my feedback on what I am seeing with my own two eyes, and hearing with my own two ears.
You are missing all the voice acting from the cut scenes as well as various other sound effects. Perhaps you don't realize because you haven't played the original? Play Crazy Taxi or WaveRace and see if you get any music if you're so sure it works.

I have played the original... I am guessin the part where I'm off about is the fact that last time I tried playin SFA using DM/DML, i didn't get anything I get with Swiss, subtitles show up when they're supposd to on time with Swiss, where as every time i try with DML, they show up late. And more audio is missin when i played using DM/DML. I get voice during gameplay, such as Fox and Tricky (Fox's sidekick for the game, for those who haven't played) talking. I guess the audio streamin is used more durin cutscenes... Figured all of it would've been audio streaming. Howeve, it is confirmed that Star Fox Adventures does not get music or voices, and DM gets late subtitles. "Star Fox Adventures No voices and music, subtitles are late" (source : https://code.google....wiki/GameIssues ).
I will admit that during cutscens, all I get using Swiss is broken audio, which sounds like a tv when it's all staticy.

Probably just a bunch of confusion on my part of this...
All key charaters have audio streaming, those are missing too.
The little voice effect aren't streamed.

So, does that mean that what I am hearing just isn't audio streaming? If thats what it means... Then... Well, I feel like a fuckin idiot right about now...

Reactions: 1 person

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Eternal Darkness is a good test for audio streaming. If you hear the poem when the game boots up, before the menu, then audio streaming is working.

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Not sure, but I think that apart from the intro poem, Eternal Darkness uses audio streaming for background tracks. I spent a bunch of time testing the audio streaming feature of various modchips, and found that Eternal Darkness was a particularly problematic game. Some chips, like Wiikey 2, get stuck in a loop repeating the poem. The chips which patch into the drive ribbon cable don't support GC audio streaming at all. YAOSM plays audio streams just like a retail disc.

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='Cyan'] Tested Killer7, doesn't boot from disc, just DM Splash screen from GX and nothing from Disc Channel (isn't that normal? I thought DM disabled booting retail games from disc) but boots fine when installed to HDD.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Just wanted to post an update of my previous reports:
I tested GX and the Booter with update 3a before moving on to update 4. Both of them had the same video mode issues that PAL only could be forced to PAL60 and not NTSC. Realizing that it was definitely a DM issue I then installed update 4 (also uses content 11 and 12 so installed over the top just fine) and lo and behold it WAS able to completely force to NTSC. I can't even begin to describe my excitement. When I saw that Nintendo logo in red and not in gray I just started yelling.

Anyway, I tested a few games but my wife got involved in Luigi's Mansion and I couldn't continue my tests (she rather enjoys the fact that it's in her native language now).
What I did find:
- Luigi's Mansion and Harry Potter 2 have no hz selector and worked just fine.
- Smash Bros has a selector but had frozen when forced to PAL60 in the previous version. It it doesn't feeze but still puts up a black screen while showing the selector. The selector, though, successfully put's it back to 60hz NTSC.
- Burnout 2 works great. It has a selector but neither of the options actually change the screen resolution. It's obvious, though, that it thinks it's still has the extra lines of resolution from PAL50 if you select it because the HUD is half off the bottom of the screen in game when 50hz is selected.
- Wario World still flickers up and down but it is in color on my NTSC only TV. It's the same flicker that I reported in the attempt at PAL60 from 3a but PAL50 if more of a fast, flickerning scrolling for me so the problem is at least reduced now (I would dare say it's playable) AND it's in color.

I have yet to test Zelda Winda Waker and Twilight Princess but I have hopes that they're similar to Burnout 2. I would also hope Rayman 3 could work but I'm not too optimistic since I haven't actually been able to get it to work at all yet. (only two or three atempts, though)

The rest of my games are already NTSC and, of course, work great. I haven't tried forcing any of them to PAL50 but it's too much effort for me when my TV doesn't actually support it.
Update 4 fixes Luigi's mansion again.
Gun crashes at licencensing
rayman 3 has been working for me from the beginning of dios mios using pal version
Good you know you have Rayman 3 working. It must be a bad dump I have then. I'll see if I can fix that.
I finished some other quick tests and Wind Waker, Twilight Princes, and Mario Kart all seem to fit in the same category as Smash Bros. They have a selector so it doesn't matter but I don't actually get a NTSC image until using the selector (That I can't see because of a no-signal black screen.) It DOES, though, successfully force the game to bring up the Hz selector so I don't have to hold down the B button like I used to sometimes. All I have to do is wait until it times out or just press A and 60hz will be selected and the image will return. (I also just realized I didn't actually get around to testing Mario Sunshine, the last of my PAL games, but it also has a selector and people have been saying it still works so there shouldn't be any problem one way or the other.)

On kind of a side note, I added Pac Man World 2 NTSC to my hard drive and although I DON'T have NMM enabled it still freezes while trying to create a save file on my memory card. This is the first time I test the game on ANYTHING so I don't have anything to compare it to but if I tell it to skip save file creation it runs just fine without saving. Haven't been able to test it more than that.

EDIT : I just remembered that I had ripped some of my PAL games from burned copies that I had changed the region on, trying to get the video to work back in the day. I wonder if that might be effecting my testing results. (GameID has the P in it, the game requests a PAL video mode, but there's some app that I used to change some header thing.) I'll have to check on that and report back once I get around to it.

do i need a 32k cluster size to run gc games at full speed?
you need 32k cluster size to run games period if you're using Dios Mios and not DML

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah f****ng he11. Despite having ALL gamecube games converted AND placed on my USB HDD, USB Loader GX STILL asks if I want to copy to the SDHC card. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!!?

check in the options of gx loader, i know at least for cfg there is an option to choose between dml and dm

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? I thought I did that already, but maybe I didn't. Still doesn't explain why Twilight Princess loaded without the prompt, but whatever.

Edit: Removed SD card before loading USB Loader, (and yes, the GC game path IS USB:\Games\ or whatever the default is for USB) and now the games won't show up, despite them not being on SDHC.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Really? I thought I did that already, but maybe I didn't. Still doesn't explain why Twilight Princess loaded without the prompt, but whatever.

Edit: Removed SD card before loading USB Loader, (and yes, the GC game path IS USB:\Games\ or whatever the default is for USB) and now the games won't show up, despite them not being on SDHC.
You may still be using r1191. I think r1193 get's rid of that prompt.
Here's the link http://www.mediafire.com/?09xqq11s85660c6

Reactions: 1 person

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah f****ng he11. Despite having ALL gamecube games converted AND placed on my USB HDD, USB Loader GX STILL asks if I want to copy to the SDHC card. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!!!?

not sure if you already said it and it got lost in the thread but what version of GX do you have?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to have both DML and DM installed at the same time and have them work? I have heard it is possible to install DML into an IOS slot but do any loaders support such a dual configuration?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Is it possible to have both DML and DM installed at the same time and have them work? I have heard it is possible to install DML into an IOS slot but do any loaders support such a dual configuration?
Sorry, I think I may have stemmed this confusion. It is not presently possible to run by conventional means DM, DML or any other MIOS unless from the normal MIOS slot.
It very well may be possible to force it to be installed in another slot but it would then not be able to be run from any loaders.
I had had previously mentioned the idea of someone figuring out how to get it to run from an IOS slot and that that would solve the problem of only being able to have one per NAND but it was shown to be complicated (if not impossible) to implement.

The way that you COULD install and use both would be to installed DM in an emulated NAND and run it through xNEEK and install DML in real NAND.

A far easier way for future loaders to run BOTH would be to have them stored as WAD's and just install the correct one before executing the game but even this, no one has implemented as of yet.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

not sure if you already said it and it got lost in the thread but what version of GX do you have?

I don't have the most recent revision, which I think is 1193 or something like that; I didn't even know they had a new SVN. Though why it doesn't have the GCN game list show up without the SD card is beyond me. Not sure why Twilight Princess never showed the prompt, but I'll install the new revision.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok after failing at using DM, I am trying to switch back to DML. I've installed the wad, but no matter what it keeps on booting the disc.
It lists all the games fine but no matter which game I choose it always loads the disc.
DML Was working just fine so I have no idea what is going on >

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: