Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When using NMM option it's saving to USB too?
I guess only one device is available at a time.
Yea it saves to USB too, for me the NMM compatility is shit btw, only got one game to work yet :P

Could DM and DML fuse together in the future? for example switching from DM or DML code internally depending on the game's location.
or is there also a limitation of the MIOS size?
Well theres no reachable limit of the MIOS I suppose, just look how much size just that bg pic takes.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I installed the Wad file, loaded CFG USB Loader and loaded a game, but it locked up. The funny thing is that the program "saw" the gamecube ISOs on my FAT32 USB HDD. Tried USB Loader GX and that didn't list the gamecube games on USB:\games\GameID\.game.iso. WTF?

Do I need to uninstall the DML 1.4 once I install the DM2.0 wad, or are there updated USB loader apps I need to use?

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where have you put your iso files?

fat32 partition root/games/
And inside that is the title folder and its contents.

Yeah thats right. Just hit the plus button and it should show them. Try USB Loader GX http://www.mediafire...b545893im623q25 that can see and run the games I have. The ones on my drive I ran through DiscEx. Perhaps try dumping from a loader

Yea, nothing shows up, besides the boot from disc option. And I ran mine through DiscEx. So I guess I'll download USB Loader GX 3.0?

Lord Coolman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That shouldnt happen, the chance something corrupts is the same as with every other program. Oh and the iso files need to have the name game.iso, the folder name doesnt matter.
Yeah, i know about the iso files.
But srsly., i'm f*cking scared, i really don't want to loose my data. Is totally sure to play? Give me a definitive answer.

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
I'll be waiting a bit to try this out, but great to see everything in order --- thanks!

Also... I think the thread should be renamed --- at current it simply looks like a DML thread, so I was a bit confused when one of Fix's posts said to take a look at the stickies. 'Dios Mios & Lite' or anything else that notes a distinction would be less confusing, IMO.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country

Yeah thats right. Just hit the plus button and it should show them. Try USB Loader GX http://www.mediafire...b545893im623q25 that can see and run the games I have. The ones on my drive I ran through DiscEx. Perhaps try dumping from a loader

Yea, nothing shows up, besides the boot from disc option. And I ran mine through DiscEx. So I guess I'll download USB Loader GX 3.0?

The one in the link I posted has support for DM. It may just be your drive is not compatible...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, i know about the iso files.
But srsly., i'm f*cking scared, i really don't want to loose my data. Is totally sure to play? Give me a definitive answer.
Yes goddamnit :P

BTW I just made some loading speed test video, and its awesome fast:
[yt]xuvLEsmdOME[/yt]

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The one in the link I posted has support for DM. It may just be your drive is not compatible...

Yea, tried that and cfg usb laoder. what a damn shame, guess it isn't compatible.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Could DM and DML fuse together in the future? for example switching from DM or DML code internally depending on the game's location.
didn't tuedji mention something about this in one of Devolution threads?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

didn't tuedji mention something about this in one of Devolution threads?
The main issue with DM+DML isn't the size allocated in MIOS. It's the fact that DM has to run exclusively within the ARM CPU's 96 KB RAM. Usually, IOS has part of MEM2 reserved, but that isn't possible in GameCube mode.

The 96 KB RAM is allocated as follows in DIOS MIOS:
- 0xFFFE0000: stack (16 KB)
- 0xFFFE4000: heap (16 KB)
- 0xFFFF0000: program, data, static variables (64 KB)

The 32 KB area at 0xFFFE8000 is a "hole"; that is, it isn't mapped to anything.

With only 64 KB of program code, integrating both SD and USB support is nearly impossible. One alternate option could be having a basic 'stub' loader in MIOS that loads the actual DIOS MIOS (Lite) program from SD, which would allow for switching at runtime.

Reactions: 1 person

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that explains a lot, but if my internet connection didn't suck balls, I would have the updated version by now (using the download feature via the program itself). I don't see why a Western Digital HDD wouldn't work with it.

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that explains a lot, but if my internet connection didn't suck balls, I would have the updated version by now (using the download feature via the program itself). I don't see why a Western Digital HDD wouldn't work with it.

Well I'm using WD too, and not having any luck.

Though I wonder if I migrate everything over and just have one FAT32 partition, would that help?

RiPPn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I'm doing this correctly, but
c204.gif
USB Loader GX r1191 is not showing any of my GameCube isos. I put them in usb1:/games/, installed dios mios 2.0, and set the "Main GameCube Path to usb1:/games/.

I'm using scene isos, do I need to have USB Loader GX rip to iso from my original disk?

I renamed the game.iso ie: Paper Mario.iso

Any help would be appreciated.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I'm doing this correctly, but
c204.gif
USB Loader GX r1191 is not showing any of my GameCube isos. I put them in usb1:/games/, installed dios mios 2.0, and set the "Main GameCube Path to usb1:/games/.

I'm using scene isos, do I need to have USB Loader GX rip to iso from my original disk?

I renamed the game.iso ie: Paper Mario.iso

Any help would be appreciated.

You're not supposed to rename the ISO, as that's always going to be named "game.iso" under a folder with the Game ID. The need to be converted to the right format.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo