Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

RunningWild

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi first post here.Just one or 2 questions as i've searched around but either the info i am looking for does not exist or i may have missed it.
I'm running Gamecube games off my external hardrive with the latest version of Dios Mios and through the latest version of the Dios Mios booter app.
The problem is that at the very end of Resident evil zero disc 1 when the cut scene is supposed to change to the change disc promt i'm geting a black screen with an error message comeing up instead.
Is there a way to get DiOs Mios booter to autoload the second disc when the switch is needed or is it not available with this loader.
The reason i use this loader is because none of the others seem to work for me for loading isos off USB HDD for gamecube.

I'm concerned that it's not even possible if the iso won't even go to the disc change promt screen on the loader.And resident evil zero doesn't give you a save option before disc change.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
^I'm afraid two disk games still have issues man, but the good news is there's a Wii port of RE0 so you can grab that instead and it should work fine!

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^I'm afraid two disk games still have issues man, but the good news is there's a Wii port of RE0 so you can grab that instead and it should work fine!
Unless you're like me and would prefer to play with the 'cube controller rather than the forced motion controls they put on those adaptations.

You can use the Gamecube controller with the Wii editions.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
Direct links for DM are available here in case you have problems with the ul.to links http://www.tueidj.net/diosmios/

Support Crediar and his work. Donate or use his links on the google code page.
Agreed, as long as it is not forced..

Indeed. A donation is a voluntary action.
I am genuinely curious; with each download, how much could he possibly get? 10c? 5c? I truly have no idea.
At any rate, Crediar is great! :D

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Unless you're like me and would prefer to play with the 'cube controller rather than the forced motion controls they put on those adaptations.

Like Nemesis90 said, you can use the GC controller with the Wii ports too!

Direct links for DM are available here in case you have problems with the ul.to links http://www.tueidj.net/diosmios/

Support Crediar and his work. Donate or use his links on the google code page.
Agreed, as long as it is not forced..

Indeed. A donation is a voluntary action.
I am genuinely curious; with each download, how much could he possibly get? 10c? 5c? I truly have no idea.
At any rate, Crediar is great! :D

I'm willing to spend a whole day re-downloading his files as long as he fixes the sleep mode for my hard drive, I'd do it for a whole week if he fixes Sonic Gems Collection too so it won't need a disk anymore!

You know, he totally should make it like that, if you want something be fixed, send a message to him requesting the fix and a list of how many times you downloaded his links :D

Bochetos

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi i achieve To Install successfully Dios Mios 2.3 (not lite) And everything Works good but Medal Of Honor Frontline Gives me a Green screen any ideas
I did configure everything but it still i got the Green screen ?????????

(BTW WoW Is Place Is Realy Cool)

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Try instead DIOS MIOS 2.0 beta, I know for sure that Medal of Honor Frontline worked for me with DM 2.0 rev14.. I know it's hard to get those files again but if you like I can share the wad with that rev.. From rev15 to latest that game is not working

Update: Bad news, with DM 2.0 beta even that MOHF works it has a issue accessing the memory card, so, you can play the game but unable to save anything. My advice: play it with last Dios Mios Lite rev59, maybe Dios Mios Lite 2.3 works, it's late here so tomorrow I'm going to test this game again with DML 2.3

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Greenscreen are caused by a wrong video mode setting.

Try forcing the video mode to the region of the game (if game is USA, force to NTSC), and do not enable Progressive patch.
Then, if it's working like that, you can try the progressive patch.

you can also try to change your Wii settings (try 480i if it's a USA game, or 576i if it's PAL) and use "Auto" as DML video mode.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Have the same issues with Prince of Persia Warrior Within and Two Thrones (PAL German).
On the one hand I have a green screen on the other hand I have a distorted video.

I made a second backup of these games but with the same issue. I tried to burn the images to a dvd in order to start it with NeoGamma. In this way it's working.
So it's definitely a loader issue.

Bochetos

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Greenscreen are caused by a wrong video mode setting.

Try forcing the video mode to the region of the game (if game is USA, force to NTSC), and do not enable Progressive patch.
Then, if it's working like that, you can try the progressive patch.

you can also try to change your Wii settings (try 480i if it's a USA game, or 576i if it's PAL) and use "Auto" as DML video mode.

yet a other Greenscreen I think Dios Mios crash Before Booting the Game

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
yet a other Greenscreen I think Dios Mios crash Before Booting the Game

Try one of the old Dios MIos Lite revs, with rev59 works fine. Remember that with DML the iso is loaded from SD Card. If you have the retail disc maybe you can try devolution instead. With latest revs of DIOS MIOS and Dios Mios Lite, Medal of Honor Frontline is not working, all you will see is a green screen no matter the video mode options.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Here are my testing results for the NTSC-U version of Medal of Honor Frontline
(GMFE69).

1. DM(Lite) v1.5 - works except it can't access the memory card.
2. DM(Lite) v2.2 - works (same as v1.5)n
3. DM(Lite) v2.3 - "Green Screen" (doesn't work)
4. DM v2.0.5 (r14) - works except the issue of accessing memory card.
5. DM v2.1 ,v2.2 ,v2.3 - "Green Screen"

According to the finding from zerofalcon and checking the "change log of r15",
it should be something to do with the changes of "echi.c" and "echi-mem.c".

So I re-compile "r29" (v2.3) by using r14 of "echi.c" and "echi-mem.c".
Then I found the "mod" r29 (v2.3) works.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Here are my testing results for the NTSC-U version of Medal of Honor Frontline
(GMFE69).

1. DM(Lite) v1.5 - works except it can't access the memory card.
2. DM(Lite) v2.2 - works (same as v1.5)n
3. DM(Lite) v2.3 - "Green Screen" (doesn't work)
4. DM v2.0.5 (r14) - works except the issue of accessing memory card.
5. DM v2.1 ,v2.2 ,v2.3 - "Green Screen"

According to the finding from zerofalcon and checking the "change log of r15",
it should be something to do with the changes of "echi.c" and "echi-mem.c".

So I re-compile "r29" (v2.3) by using r14 of "echi.c" and "echi-mem.c".
Then I found the "mod" r29 (v2.3) works.
That's nice to hear.
Pac Man World 2 was having a similar problem for me of not being able to access the memory card (freezes when trying.) I wonder if this mod would help that. I'm also curious to see if there's any bugs caused by such a mod.

EDIT : Oh, wait. I read more carefully and noticed that none of those versions actually fix the memory card issue so I guess the mod "working" just doesn't include the memory card.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Pac Man World 2 was having a similar problem for me of not being able to access the memory card (freezes when trying.) I wonder if this mod would help that. I'm also curious to see if there's any bugs caused by such a mod.

I had this same issue with Pac Man World 2 but I got a PAL version using USB Loader GX with region patch enabled and the game worked flawlessly, beat it 100% before and I just gave it a test with DM 2.3 and still works fine!

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, what are some 10/10 games?