Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesnt really work.... as quadforce doesnt have AUDIO when doing this...
Are you referring to this method?
I'm surprised the audio does not work because AB never mentioned anything about that, but I believe you.
Did you ever ask him about that?

yes he knows about the issue, i mentioned it somewhere in that thread or another. other people have mentioned it as well. its a known problem.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes he knows about the issue, i mentioned it somewhere in that thread or another. other people have mentioned it as well. its even listed on the NEEK googlecode page. quadforce just doesnt have audio when used with neek no matter what you do.
I see. That's too bad. I personally added MKAGP2 to my arcade machine, since I prefer to play arcade games there but I see the value of having it available in the Wii. Hopefully that will be worked out in the future.
Thanks for the tip.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://code.google.com/p/custom-di/issues/detail?id=26

theres one instance of it being mentioned... took me a second a to find that.. couldnt remember which neek googlecode page it was on... :P

ive talked to OverJoy about(coder of neek2o) its not exactly top priority for him atm from what i can tell... but maybe one day.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope the Quadforce patch is added to the current DM and DML so we don't have to reload the wad every time we want to play the Arcade versions .. :)

It's even tougher for me because I have to keep switching between DM and DML when playing games, having to copy certain games on the SD every time when playing games with audio streaming issues and games that don't play background music a lot like Resident Evil because as long as the hard drive is not loading any data it goes to sleep mode and I cannot play the game, will this ever be fixed or shall I buy 20 different hard drives to see if one of them will support DM and not go in sleep mode? Seriously!

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope the Quadforce patch is added to the current DM and DML so we don't have to reload the wad every time we want to play the Arcade versions .. :)

It's even tougher for me because I have to keep switching between DM and DML when playing games, having to copy certain games on the SD every time when playing games with audio streaming issues and games that don't play background music a lot like Resident Evil because as long as the hard drive is not loading any data it goes to sleep mode and I cannot play the game, will this ever be fixed or shall I buy 20 different hard drives to see if one of them will support DM and not go in sleep mode? Seriously!

Buy a hard drive without a sleep mode? most 300GB drives are fine, I doubt you need more than that for gamecube games.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Protip: use a hard disk that isn't a "green" drive... many portable externals use these for the interest of energy conservation. But these so-called Green drives are also the bane of existence for anyone employing them in a RAID configuration specifically because of that same issue.

In my case... at the time I had received an old laptop that still used notebook PATA drives. I managed to hunt down a drive and enclosure with the intent of putting the drive in there previously, into the enclosure. Well, since the laptop couldn't address a hard disk that big (yes, for that lappy anything more than 20 something gigs was too much...), I put the 250GB PATA into the enclosure, and have been using it with my Wii since. At least PATA drives are usually made without support, or before any such issues occurred.

Failing that, get an enclosure, and then just get a non-Green drive to put in it, and you shouldn't have that problem.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
^Thanks for the advice guys, sorry to bother but I'm quite not sure which brand to get, for SD off my experience I found out by luck that SanDisk products worked fine with DML and that's what I got, a 32GB SanDisk SD, but for hard drives I couldn't figure out a good brand and since they cost more I can't risk buying another one and failing, seeing how I already bought two before and didn't work, I wish fr a 500 GB because that's what I got now to use for all my Wii and GC gaming, thanks!

Edit: Here's the one I got http://www.lg.com/jo_en/it-products/images/lg-accessories-xd5-large.png

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Quadforce through sneek+di works with audio , both MKGP's works very well... maybe the *neek setup mentioned is loaded with bootmii as ios and not as boot2.. I tested with bootmii as ios and has some horrible garbled sounds fx and music. Hope Crediar release someday his updated quadforce to be able to play F-zero AX

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quadforce through sneek+di works with audio , both MKGP's works very well... maybe the *neek setup mentioned is loaded with bootmii as ios and not as boot2.. I tested with bootmii as ios and has some horrible garbled sounds fx and music. Hope Crediar release someday his updated quadforce to be able to play F-zero AX

well my understanding is that it doesnt work at all when using neek2o. and im not sure that ive ever heard of anyone getting it to work with Uneek+di... have you tried using neek2o with quadforce? or uneek? i'd love to figure out what exactly is causing the sound not to work for most people.

and you said when you tested it with bootmii as ios you had garbled sound.. so what did you do to fix that issue?

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In my honest opinion, If it's possible... I would prefer to see quadforce integrated into both DML/DM or to have all three merged together and then choose whether to load from either SD/USB (via a loader).

I haven't tried the new version of DM yet, but to be honest, I don't like the way the releases are being handled by uploading them to a hosting site and having to wait to download it (which is difficult for me, being on my mobile all the time and preferring to keep up-to-date as much as possible with the latest releases of DM/DML).

Although... it's crediar's choice what he wants to do (especailly with quadforce), we'll all have to just put up with it for now.

Well... that's my personal opinion on the matter, other than that... Keep up the good work! :)

Edit: another thing... I'd love to see a new version of gci2nmm which converts nmm2gci.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well... That's fair enough. Although, I hate to sound like a dumbass here, but why a hosting site other than using google-code?

Edit: I seriously didn't notice the mirror links, my mistake.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well... That's fair enough. Although, I hate to sound like a dumbass here, but why a hosting site other than using google-code?
To make money.
The buisness model of these hosters is to offer really shitty download service for free and offer to make it slightly less shitty for paying downloaders.
To get people to upload their files to them they offer a miniscule share of that money to the uploader.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Have found/tested the other way to solve the "green screen" issue of
"Medal of Honor Frontline" (as well as "007:Agent Under Fire")
to work with "r29" (v2.3).

The way is to compile "r29" (no need to change "echi.c" and "echi-mem.c")
then put/replace the "iosmodule.elf" into the WAD file of v2.0.5 (r14) .

Would this break compatibility with anything? And do you have the compiled wad?

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Have found/tested the other way to solve the "green screen" issue of
"Medal of Honor Frontline" (as well as "007:Agent Under Fire")
to work with "r29" (v2.3).

The way is to compile "r29" (no need to change "echi.c" and "echi-mem.c")
then put/replace the "iosmodule.elf" into the WAD file of v2.0.5 (r14) .

Would this break compatibility with anything? And do you have the compiled wad?
No, it won't .(as far as I tested)

Reactions: 2 people

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The availability of free slots on the main site and the mirror links aren't connected to each other, meaning the download script in the php file doesn't know if there are no free slots anymore on the main site.

Wanderlei777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick questions, am I able to use my physical memory cards with this?

GCReEx format or DiscEx format, which one to use? any advantage, disadvantage?

The audio streaming is this just music but all other audio is working?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can use Physical memory card (that's even better as it works with all games).
The virtual memory Card (NoMoreMemory) is not working with all of them.

Streaming can be anything, for example in Starfox Adventure, it's the voices. either you don't hear them, or they are not synch, or just doesn't match the correct file/event.
Resulting in out of synch Subtitles too.

I don't know about the format, I always used 1:1 iso :P
Someone else will answer you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The samoliapidates had to hide it some place