Hacking Dios Mios Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does somebody want to create a wiki page with the sd card speeds? How the card was formatted and with which software it was formatted should be in there.

RODAuOM599

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have a quick question. From what I've read, Pokemon Colosseum is not compatible with r36 or any other version. So, will someday be playable?

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
I have to admit that I'd never played a gamecube game until DML. In fact, I once watched somebody play mario sunshine, and that's my entire experience of Gamecube games. But now I'm hooked. 32GB SD card already in the post to me. Yay. Thanks to all who made it possible. Just need more games now.

exp0wnster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would need to be done in order for DML to load games without the need for a gamecube game in the disc drive? I'm asking this because I am working on a project which I am taking the disc drive out completely, so any references to the drive would stall the wii...

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Man, it's been some time since I followed the Wii scene. I have a question to ask and hope that somebody can answer it.

I just noticed this video from crediar via his Twitter account. Apparently it's a demo video of DML, but it's whoopin 45 min long.
I don't have time to watch all 45 minutes. Is there anything to watch that one don't want to miss? (And since when can crediar post videos longer than 10 minutes?)

RODAuOM599

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Man, it's been some time since I followed the Wii scene. I have a question to ask and hope that somebody can answer it.

I just noticed this video from crediar via his Twitter account. Apparently it's a demo video of DML, but it's whoopin 45 min long.
I don't have time to watch all 45 minutes. Is there anything to watch that one don't want to miss? (And since when can crediar post videos longer than 10 minutes?)

It's just a demonstration about the "new" DML he was working on. It's a little old, because he already released the DML he mentioned in that video. Any more questions?

Reactions: 1 person

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

It's just a demonstration about the "new" DML he was working on. It's a little old, because he already released the DML he mentioned in that video. Any more questions?

Ah, I see. It's nice that crediar is still working on DML after he sold the source code to someone.
Yes I have one final question. I am using Swiss for Gamecube games from SD since last time I checked the compatibility of Swiss was much better than DML's. How is the compatibility now compared to latest Swiss?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have to admit that I'd never played a gamecube game until DML. In fact, I once watched somebody play mario sunshine, and that's my entire experience of Gamecube games. But now I'm hooked. 32GB SD card already in the post to me. Yay. Thanks to all who made it possible. Just need more games now.

please play Zelda windwaker, and if you want mouth watering graphics try Starfox adventures. that game is unbelievable to run on gamecube!

RODAuOM599

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Ah, I see. It's nice that crediar is still working on DML after he sold the source code to someone.
Yes I have one final question. I am using Swiss for Gamecube games from SD since last time I checked the compatibility of Swiss was much better than DML's. How is the compatibility now compared to latest Swiss?
Can't tell you nothing, 'cause I haven't tried Swiss. But with DML only a few games doesn't work so far. You'll have to try it out if you wanna get your own conclusions.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
r41 has a comprehensive wiki list of problematic games specific issues and reasons for incompatibility. I was going to ask to make a list such as this, but now hopefully we can stop most of the crying on the thread; u know, the "this game doesn't work right, I freaking hate you!" stuff lol. J/K, but the devs are very aware of the very few game issues known so thanks again guys. You rock
-sent from BlackBerry

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Since official release and r21, it was more or less up to par with swiss (perhaps slightly better). You could pretty much encounter the same audio glitches and slowdowns.

...but since the video, the fund raiser and the public release, DML really kicked in. I haven't encountered a single slowdown or audio glitch since I got it to work. Introduction scene from F-Zero is smooth as butter, PoP: sands of time plays as well (or even better) than from DVD, and so on.

EDIT: forgot to mention 3 things:
1) I'm comparing DML r34-38 to swiss r94 here. While that's currently the latest version, it's not unthinkable (and even likely) that emu-kidit will implement some of this new code in future versions of swiss. As for swiss...well, as you can notice, new versions come out rather quickly. ;)
2) swiss and DML both rely on a different version of the MIOS (DML practically is a custom MIOS). As such, it's not easy to do a side-to-side comparison. You'll have to reinstall the other cMIOS again each time.
EDIT: this part is wrong. I don't understand exactly how to use two at the same time, but it's possible.
3) a not to be underestimated advantage that it is now public is that the favorite loaders (wiiflow, GX, CFG, postloader) can now also display and load GC games.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning