Hacking Dios Mios Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Not all games work with the no-disc patch.

For correct testing you should try untouched ISOs with a DML version that doesn't use the no-disc patch.
but t
hose DML builds are already removed, where to find them? I forgot to mention that I tried the same games with NeoGamma as well which uses disks and they still caused me the same issues!

DonnyKD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonictopfan, you need the kenbiogc.bin file to play cheats, and then you have to put your .gct file in the same place as your backup's game.iso.

AlexWong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I use Wiiflow and I can edit the path in wiiflow.ini for my gct files.

[GENERAL]
dir_cheat=sd:/CODES

Once I creat a gct file using Cheat Manager, Wiiflow can load this file in sd:/CODES folder.

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
maybe we can get some channel forwarders going so you dont need wiiflow or usb loader, just do it from the wii menu?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
removed? Maybe you are looking at the wrong place ? https://code.google..../downloads/list

This is exactly where I get them and I can only find r58, where can I get older revisions? :wtf:

sonictopfan, you need the kenbiogc.bin file to play cheats, and then you have to put your .gct file in the same place as your backup's game.iso.

Well I already have created the .gct file but where can I get the keybiogc.bin?

I use Wiiflow and I can edit the path in wiiflow.ini for my gct files.

[GENERAL]
dir_cheat=sd:/CODES

Once I creat a gct file using Cheat Manager, Wiiflow can load this file in sd:/CODES folder.

uh thanks but no thanks, with all respect Wiiflow isn't for me, I tried it before, it's laggy and requires a specific ios, I'm used to USB Loader and Neo Gamma, also Post Loader is fine, thanks though!

Anyway thanks for the respond guys :)

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You prolly never find it :lol: , if i recall correctly the file's name is kenobigc.bin and you can find it HERE.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
removed? Maybe you are looking at the wrong place ? https://code.google..../downloads/list

This is exactly where I get them and I can only find r58, where can I get older revisions? :wtf:
Change your search filter to: All downloads

Oh shocks, I feel stupid now, thanks ^^; so I'll try rev47 since it's said to work with most of the games I got problems with, including Shadow and Sonic Gems Collection which are my top priority now!

You prolly never find it :lol: , if i recall correctly the file's name is kenobigc.bin and you can find it HERE.

Hey thanks man, I will give it a try *nods*

Edit: Found this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSbK3a-XgL8

may be helpful but it's a bit outdated, where shall I put the 00000008.app and DML.elf files?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for double post but I think this is important in case someone got the same issue as me and wanted a solution:

So I took the advice and tried rev50 (disk) and tried the games again, Shadow The Hedgehog, Sonic Gems Collection, and Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc worked perfectly, Rayman Arena works if I skip the intro (looks like I got a faulty iso or something) but it also freezes a lot just like Shadow, again using the same method it worked like a charm!

However the other two games, Taz: Wanted and Virtua Striker still gave me the same errors, I will try them again tomorrow without compression to see if they work fine and report the results, in case they didn't I can live without them, the important 3 games for me that didn't work now work, thank you all for the help ^_^

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
You prolly never find it , if i recall correctly the file's name is kenobigc.bin and you can find it HERE.
Why was the Kenobigc.bin file deprecated? Don't u need the file in order to get the cheats to work or do the pre-compiled ones w/cheat support no longer need the file? I always compile and use DML w/cheat support but never actually use cheats lol

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone who has NTSC Wii with component cable and wants to test playing PAL gamecube games, I just created two DML elf files (one for sneek nand and the other for real nand). See issue #60 in the googlecode page of DML.

Thanks in advance for anyone who could help testing this version.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
For anyone who has NTSC Wii with component cable and wants to test playing PAL gamecube games, I just created two DML elf files (one for sneek nand and the other for real nand). See issue #60 in the googlecode page of DML.

What a coincidence, I was just gonna say I got another iso for Taz Wanted, PAL, and I have a NTSC-U Wii, with some modifications I managed to get the game to work (first got the sound with no video) and report that the problem was with the iso itself!

Anyway if you want I can give it a test? Though not sure about the component cable!

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What a coincidence, I was just gonna say I got another iso for Taz Wanted, PAL, and I have a NTSC-U Wii, with some modifications I managed to get the game to work (first got the sound with no video) and report that the problem was with the iso itself!

Anyway if you want I can give it a test? Though not sure about the component cable!

Unfortunately, without component cable I am not sure whether the progressive mode patch will work for you. You could try it anyway, or try it after purchasing the third-party component cable that costs perhaps less than 10 bucks (and may give you a better display of the game as well).

WiiGetItDone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have an NTSC Wii with component cables. I'll test out the realnand elf and report back.

EDIT:
I tried Animal Crossing PAL on my Wii using Wiiflow and CFG USB Loader Mod. Video mode was set to Game on both. The game worked fine, but I also had no problems with it on DML r58. I'm not sure if Animal Crossing PAL supports progressive scan. I tested it for convenience and size.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

Will this force all games to progressive mode, even NTSC ones? If it does then I might try it out as I would love to play Skies of Arcadia in progressive mode.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I'm not sure if Animal Crossing PAL supports progressive scan. I tested it for convenience and size.
PAL games all had the 480p display mode removed from them for no obvious reason. I've heard rumours that Godzilla managed to slip past Nintendo's apparent "be douchewads to Europeans" police, but can't confirm or deny that myself. Short version, though, always assume PAL games don't do 480p.

Will this force all games to progressive mode, even NTSC ones? If it does then I might try it out as I would love to play Skies of Arcadia in progressive mode.
Yes--or more accurately, it tries to, without any guarantee of success. I can confirm I-Ninja (NTSC) and Wario Ware (NTSC), both 480i-only games, can be forced to 480p flawlessly. However, I can also confirm that Bust-a-Move 3000 (NTSC) doesn't work when forced to 480p, and Ultimate Spider-Man (NTSC) just reverts to 480i.

As mentioned, this patch uses the video mode forcing code from emu_kidid's Swiss, which isn't considered to be a completed endeavour and tends to have hit and miss compatibility. I've got Skies of Arcadia PAL, which throws a dramatic blue screen of death when forced to 480p on Swiss. This doesn't mean NTSC will do the same, but it's not a great sign.

It may not be entirely accurate to DML, but there's a compatibility list for 480p-forcing on Swiss that should be a decent guide.

gameshark

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
just made an donation at Crediar for releasing the boot.dol for dml so that we can play MarioKart Arcade gp 1 and 2 on the wii so fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/wbMbMtDBaZo?si=Z3ObLtc4Ez6dUY1b