Not open for further replies.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Here is a temporary compatibility list for 480p if anyone wishes to contribute. If this feature goes into DML mainline, the wiki article can be moved into the mainspace, but right now it's just a user page under my name. This doesn't stop anyone's ability to edit it, it's just not proper documentation. It's a personal page. However, I see no reason this feature won't eventually become official: right now it breaks some compatibility by, e.g. turning working 480i games into broken 480p games, but as a runtime option selected for specific, known-working games, it's good functionality, and edits to the list now will be carried over if/when the feature is merged.

EDIT: Incidentally, if anyone has these (NTSC-U) games, they'd be good test-cases, as they're all 480i-only:
- 007: Agent Under Fire
- All-Star Baseball 2002
- All-Star Baseball 2003
- Amazing Island
- Beyond Good & Evil
- BloodRayne
- Bomberman Generation
- Bomberman Jetters
- Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO
- Crash Nitro Kart
- Crazy Taxi
- Go! Go! Hypergrind
- GoldenEye: Rogue Agent
- Killer 7
- King Kong
- Medabots Infinity
- MegaMan Network Transmission
- Pac-Man World 2
- Resident Evil Zero
- Resident Evil
- Resident Evil 2
- Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
- Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
- Serious Sam: The Next Encounter
- Skies of Arcadia
- Space Raiders
- Spider-Man
- Spider-Man 2
- Spirits & Spells
- Super Monkey Ball
- Tales of Symphonia
- TimeSplitters 2

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a temporary compatibility list for 480p if anyone wishes to contribute. If this feature goes into DML mainline, the wiki article can be moved into the mainspace, but right now it's just a user page under my name. This doesn't stop anyone's ability to edit it, it's just not proper documentation. It's a personal page. However, I see no reason this feature won't eventually become official: right now it breaks some compatibility by, e.g. turning working 480i games into broken 480p games, but as a runtime option selected for specific, known-working games, it's good functionality, and edits to the list now will be carried over if/when the feature is merged.

Thanks for setting the list up as well as the information about 480-i games.

Cheers.

irumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys need a little help, why is it that whenever I try to load GC games using CFG Mod and Wiiflow Mod, it only loads the last I game I played using NeoGamma regardless what game I choose, I tried deleting the boot file inside the game folder of my SD and whenever I tried to load games with either CFG or Wiiflow, my Wii just shuts down. So I'll use NeoGamma again to load GC game and it will work fine.

For Example:

I use NeoGamma to Load MGS, it will load fine
I use CFG/Wiiflow to load another game like Pokemon, it will still load MGS

Forgot what DML version I'm using, if I'm not mistaken it's r52 or something.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

I didn't think DML supported runtime options, otherwise NMM would have been made a runtime option rather than compile time given that some games don't work with it.

rotak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I have black bands (On the right and little under the screen) with TimeSplitters Future Perfect French PAL Version anyone can help me ? I have tried to change the video mod PAL to NTSC but that's crash (logic...)

PS: Sorry for my bad English it's not my first language

Thanks.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys need a little help, why is it that whenever I try to load GC games using CFG Mod and Wiiflow Mod, it only loads the last I game I played using NeoGamma regardless what game I choose, I tried deleting the boot file inside the game folder of my SD and whenever I tried to load games with either CFG or Wiiflow, my Wii just shuts down. So I'll use NeoGamma again to load GC game and it will work fine.

For Example:

Try USB Loader or Post Loader, see if the issue still happens there!

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just grabbed myself a 16GB Class 10 PNY Pro Elite SDHC card and i have noticed the difference immediately. My games are loading much quicker now when using DML and ganes that didnt work for me before are now working. It was worth the £35.
I suggest anyone having problems with slow loading and non working games (games that work for other people) go out and get yourself a decent SD card.

Shadow_Links

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For Example:

Try USB Loader or Post Loader, see if the issue still happens there!
I've had this problem too with wiiflow and postloader. The only way i've been able to fix it has been to delete the Wiiflow or postloader folder on the SD root. Something in there must lock the games in.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Just grabbed myself a 16GB Class 10 PNY Pro Elite SDHC card and i have noticed the difference immediately. My games are loading much quicker now when using DML and ganes that didnt work for me before are now working. It was worth the £35.
I suggest anyone having problems with slow loading and non working games (games that work for other people) go out and get yourself a decent SD card.

Even with a fast SD card I do notice a slight slowdown in some games. Specifically, there is a slight lag in Sonic DX sometimes though it might have been like that on the original Gamecube as well.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I just got home from the mall, I was looking at the SD cards because I plan on buying a new 32GB one very soon, now here's the thing, I found one a SanDisk SD class 6 that's affordable and a Sony SD class 4 that costs 4 times Sandisk, the guy at the store said Sony is faster and lives longer despite them both being good, now I'm tempted to get the Sony one because I don't wanna have slowdowns or data loss during gameplay, I have about 30GB worth of GC games, but it's gonna take me a couple of weeks to afford this "saving up money from work", what do you suggest? shall I just go with SanDisk or get the Sony one?

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just got home from the mall, I was looking at the SD cards because I plan on buying a new 32GB one very soon, now here's the thing, I found one a SanDisk SD class 6 that's affordable and a Sony SD class 4 that costs 4 times Sandisk, the guy at the store said Sony is faster and lives longer despite them both being good, now I'm tempted to get the Sony one because I don't wanna have slowdowns or data loss during gameplay, I have about 30GB worth of GC games, but it's gonna take me a couple of weeks to afford this "saving up money from work", what do you suggest? shall I just go with SanDisk or get the Sony one?
My Sandisk Class 6 32gb card works really great with zero slowdowns

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally!!!! Yeeeeeeesssssss!!!!!!! Nothing was working for me when it came to dumping save files from my official ninty 256 memory card. I tried everything(NuGaSa, GCMM r11/12, ctr-gcs: DT edition) so I decided to order an SD Gecko from Deal Extreme to try Swiss.

Sure enough it took 3 weeks to arrive lol but when it arrived I had also d/loaded ctr-gcs: DacoTaco edition 0.2b at the same time. They both worked. So anyone having issues with official Nintendo Memory cards just make sure to access the MC through the Wii SM first then use the latest version of ctr-gcs: DacoTaco Edition 0.2b or Swiss through SD Gecko, you won't be disappointed.

Seems I have no use for this SD Gecko at the moment. I wonder what else can I use it for?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally!!!! Yeeeeeeesssssss!!!!!!! Nothing was working for me when it came to dumping save files from my official ninty 256 memory card. I tried everything(NuGaSa, GCMM r11/12, ctr-gcs: DT edition) so I decided to order an SD Gecko from Deal Extreme to try Swiss.

Sure enough it took 3 weeks to arrive lol but when it arrived I had also d/loaded ctr-gcs:DacoTaco edition 0.2b at the same time. They both worked. So anyone having issues with official Nintendo Memory cards just make sure to access the MC through the Wii SM first the use the latest version of ctr-gcs:DacoTaco Edition 0.2b or Swiss through SD Gecko, you won't be disappointed.

Seems I have no use for this SD Gecko at the moment. I wonder what else can I use it for?

Apparently Animal Crossing can use it for save data as long as you have a 2GB or smaller SD card.

CyberTails

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I've compiled r59 of DML and tested a few games I own:

Shadow the Hedgehog: Works fine without NoDisc, NoDisc crashes on first few seconds of Westopolis and NMM doesn't work with it
Spyro: A Hero's Tail: Works fine, Haven't tested it with NoDisc or NMM yet
Super Monkey Ball 2: Works fine, but both Stadiums' Music and VS. Screen Music for Monkey Baseball doesn't play with CFG Loader, haven't tested with Neogamma yet

I will be testing Outlaw Golf and Super Monkey Ball on Neogamma as soon as possible with DML r59

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
My Sandisk Class 6 32gb card works really great with zero slowdowns

Interesting... How long have you been using it? And did you notice any slow down in loading screens than using a smaller SD?

Sure enough it took 3 weeks to arrive lol but when it arrived I had also d/loaded ctr-gcs: DacoTaco edition 0.2b at the same time. They both worked. So anyone having issues with official Nintendo Memory cards just make sure to access the MC through the Wii SM first then use the latest version of ctr-gcs: DacoTaco Edition 0.2b or Swiss through SD Gecko, you won't be disappointed.

I'm not sure I follow you, are you saying there's a way to back up your save data from a real memory card to an SD? If so that would be the best news I heard it all week, would be better if it also allows to transfer downloaded save data to a real memory card!

Shadow the Hedgehog: NoDisc crashes on first few seconds of Westopolis

I can confirm this, Shadow The Hedgehog and Rayman 3 give the "error" message in no-disk, and Sonic Gems Collection wont load any of the first 3 games "Sonic The Fighters, Sonic R, Sonic CD" in no-disk either, and Rayman Arena crashes a lot in no-disk, hopefully the team can look at these issues?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I found one a SanDisk SD class 6 that's affordable and a Sony SD class 4 that costs 4 times Sandisk,
The thing is the "class 6" or "class 4" means it's as fast as a 4x or 6x ??cd-rom?? by definition. No matter how fast the store guy says it is, the class 6 is faster. I can't speak for long life but if you don't let your dog chew on it I'd think it will be just fine. They don't have expiration dates. Take care of them and they'll last. I think the guy at the mall just wanted you to buy the one with the bigger price tag.

Edit : Okay I did some reading up and I'm not sure it's exactly a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM that the number was equivalent to ... but the point still remains that the higher class number BY DEFINITION means it's faster. (class 10 works best because class 10 is fastest).
From what I was reading (If the numbers I was reader were right.) a Gamecube can't actually read the optical disk faster than a class 4 SD card.
1. HBC can use it, there's always the option of putting the dols for at least some homebrew apps on it.
2. You could go to the GC-Forever IRC and beg emu-kid to make Swiss able to boot directly so some backup loader could use it and then use it for secondary storage for the games that do work fine in Swiss.
3. You could put swiss booter in the homebrew section of your favorite loader to get some pseudo backup loader functionality out of it, again for secondary storage for what doesn't fit on the card you use for DML.
4. Find some Gamecube homebrew that you actually are interested in using and put it on the gecko.

(My gecko has been sitting around unused for quite a while, actually. My problem is that my wife has possession of all the SD cards in the house in cell phones or digital cameras. I only have one and I use it for front SD.)

Reactions: 1 person

CyberTails

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonictopfan said:
I can confirm this, Shadow The Hedgehog and Rayman 3 give the "error" message in no-disk, and Sonic Gems Collection wont load any of the first 3 games "Sonic The Fighters, Sonic R, Sonic CD" in no-disk either, and Rayman Arena crashes a lot in no-disk, hopefully the team can look at these issues?

At least I'm not the only one who experiences that error :) Also for whoever wants to know, the only difference between r58 and r59 is that the soft-reset/soft-shutdown button combo is different due to some issues with some games needing the original combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/8wi6dnzLcZ0?si=5zWGTK0CMXO3DJcb +2