Hacking DIOS-MIOS Lite proof of concept release!

nintendowii

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SanGor said:
why do people always get so crazy about the source?

crediar released the source to DM and nobody could help and with sneek within like two years one guy provided a small part which displayed covers.

You really think if crediar released the DML source people would be able to fix anything?

DML actually works quite well if you follow the instructions and read the readme!

But when you just look at this thread you get the impression that DML almost doesn't work at all ...

What SanGor means is that Crediar released the source of his tools and nobody could or want help Crediar to develop them. so there is no need to released the source of DMLvPoC.

I am no coder because its not my job or hobby, but i can't understand that there is nobody in the whole world who could help Crediar with an outstanding idea for SNEEK/UNEEK or DM.

Crediar spend a lot of time to create his useful and great tools. he has my greatest respect.

obcd said:
QUOTE said:
why do people always get so crazy about the source?
With the sources of neek, I could make it look for it's nand folders on a subdir of my drive.
Doing this, I have an easy way to switch from 1 nand to another and I don't have the need for several nand subfolders in the root of my harddisk.
The sources of neek also made it possible to create my uneek_fs that made it possible again for homebrew software to acces the harddrive without much modifications to it's source. (That's right, it's only usefull if you have the source of that homebrew.)
With the sources of di, Overjoy managed to introduce wbfs support in neek. With the sources of Wiiflow, he managed to create Joyflow, an usb loader that can launch a backup in uneek. You want me to continue?
But when you just look at this thread you get the impression that DML almost doesn't work at all ...
Even a sneek setup is not an easy task for a beginner. After that setup, you need to get dml running... I am not suprised people are having problems with it.

Maybe people won't improve things with the source, they surely won't without it.
I was trying to explain that it's useless to report here that a game doesn't work, besides for the fact that other people will know it doesn't.
But there are better methods for that than a forum.

If you don't have any use for sources, that's fine for me. I use them and try to understand them.
Did you release your mods so that everbody could to come into the enjoyment? I thing some mods very useful for many users.

pokemonster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
sorry but Dios mios lite = dustbin of my computer
mellow.gif

lot of games crash

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh yes but if crediar could release the source we wouldn't get "lots of games crash". I'm pretty sure someone would pick it up.
Also what about NMM?

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak said:
can anyone confirm that md5 hash signature of a working DML 00000008.app (210 KB) is "88720d0de8c7db7bf00f5053b76ae66b"
thx!

yes
crc32 60C9BE58
MD5 88720D0DE8C7DB7BF00F5053B76AE66B
SHA-1 F2D699ECCEF4075A418C962CD6ACA83C78ECE870

carlitos92jose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I tried to run the legend of zelda wind waker it give mi a black screen and it says: "assertion:JKRAramArchive.cpp:688buffer" what im doing wrong? im using a sdhc 8gb class 10
Edit: I also tried mario sunchine and get black screen after the video of the intro.

RODAuOM599

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey, I tried F - Zero GX and it runs smoothly, perfectly. Little lag, must it must be my SD card. My question is now, how to get the 210 kb 00000008.app?

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
F-Zero GX runs very well, little lags in loading times, during a race runs smoothly.. replays run smooth too with a little lag at first when loading. At the moment no sound issues.
Mario Kart Double Dash run almost perfectly. Lags and drop frames in the intro scene. Lags when countdown marks number 3, also lags when reaching third lap and goal. 16 courses run smoothly.Gonna try multiplayer and see what happens.

guardna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's good to know. I'm still stuck at the "start game" in the wii disc channel where it just shuts down the wii. Can't get a log file cause i don't have a sd gecko
frown.gif

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
guardna said:
That's good to know. I'm still stuck at the "start game" in the wii disc channel where it just shuts down the wii. Can't get a log file cause i don't have a sd gecko
frown.gif

Maybe you have a bad patched 00000008.app file..
Try again follow the instructions exactly as the readme.
Patched file size is 209 Kb then replace that file in the corresponding route of your emulated NAND.
Use Modmii and select the last versions of BC an MIOS for your emulated NAND.. that way it works fine.

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
carlitos92jose said:
when I tried to run the legend of zelda wind waker it give mi a black screen and it says: "assertion:JKRAramArchive.cpp:688buffer" what im doing wrong? im using a sdhc 8gb class 10
Edit: I also tried mario sunchine and get black screen after the video of the intro.

QUOTE(Tonitonichopchop @ Aug 18 2011, 05:23 PM) Working perfectly:
Super Mario Sunshine (U)
Not working:
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (U)

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
TLoZWW works fine here. IIRC, Crediar said the Game ID had to be changed in order to get the game to work, but still I got it working without doing so. In fact...

Tonitonichopchop said:
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (U) - Screeching sound only and freezes after first fight with Lord Crump
Mario Kart Double Dash (U) - Freezes when entering a race

These two games work perfectly for me (the sound problems in Paper Mario do indeed happen, but I didn't get the freeze in the first battle). And MKDD!! only has problems with shading effects, nothing that really affects the gameplay.

Regarding Zelda, the only problem I got with it is the same old dungeon map freeze.

guardna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zerofalcon said:
Maybe you have a bad patched 00000008.app file..
Try again follow the instructions exactly as the readme.
Patched file size is 209 Kb then replace that file in the corresponding route of your emulated NAND.
Use Modmii and select the last versions of BC an MIOS for your emulated NAND.. that way it works fine.

Ok the size is 209kb and the md5 hash is : 88720D0DE8C7DB7BF00F5053B76AE66B

That's What i'm using. I'll report back once i update the files again.

guardna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I updated the Mios + BC files and now instead of the Wii shutting down, it goes back to "press A" screen of the sneek system menu. Tried playing with options like "error skipping" and "video mode patch" to no avail.

SanGor

Witchhunter
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
None of the sneek menu options affect GC games and the 'error skipping' is still only for dumping Datel discs and for nothing else!

Verify that a disc is in the drive.
Select the game from the sneek menu and don't directly start it (this only has to be done once)

All other shutdowns should leave a message in the dml.log

guardna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Sangor
Thanks for the suggestions, I still get the same thing however... I'm using an SDHC 4GB, FAT32 /32Kb, and my GC game looks like this :

sd:\games\GFZE01\game.iso
sd:\games\GFZE01\sys\apploader.img
..................................\bi2.bin
..................................\boot.bin

I also use obcd's di module to skip checking USB drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?