Hacking DIOS MIOS! GC ISO Loader proof of concept (Starfox Assault)

• Thread starter Deleted-171178
  • Start date
  • Views 149,775
  • Replies 682
Status
Not open for further replies.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
terminal_illness said:
why even make it if noone can enjoy it? so you can dangle it over our heads? like your fishing for donations and dios mios is the bait. well im a smart fish and you wolnt even get a nibble from me. im gonna go deep into my school of fish network. and sooner or later i will get the bait without being caught.
Usually people who make these kinds of things do it because they enjoy making it.

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elimist said:
killplaystation said:
wasnt there already a software GC loader?
for disk
"disk" with a K stands for diskette, like a floppy diskette. I think it's amazing that he went so far as developing a floppy disk loader for GC games on the Wii. I wish he would put such magic towards curing aids or something

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
While off topic, a normal 1.44mb disk can hold 32mb of data but has to be reformatted every time data needs to be changed. It required a SuperDisk LS120 drive.

I had one before CD's took off. Quite a piece of hardware even by today's standards.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
killplaystation said:
"disk" with a K stands for diskette, like a floppy diskette. I think it's amazing that he went so far as developing a floppy disk loader for GC games on the Wii. I wish he would put such magic towards curing aids or something
A Disk is a Hard Disk.
A Disc is an Optical Disc.

I was under the impression this loader was only going to be given to two or three people...
The story behind that is that he was asking a ridiculous amount of donations for it, for over a month or 3, but only 2 or 3 people donated.
He did it anyway, I guess because he wanted to.
The vibe I get is that he's disappointed people didn't even think about donating for something they say they wanted.

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
It's the concept, imagine if you could make your 32gb into a 512gb card just by using a special card reader. That's what made it special. It was a 16x increase in size for unguided tracks on one of the most undependable pieces of hardware to ever grace a desktop. It used lasers when lasers were still evil comic book weapons. It's the LS120 and LS240 that showed me that you don't have to upgrade the media to make it better.

Anyway, I hope the GC USB loader is real. All I've seen so far is one shaky video with music playing and no narration. A proof of concept is usually detailed enough to get the point. Not leave someone with speculation. I call fake on this. All that 'only to the donaters' is a cop out to avoid the sad truth that a GC USB loader isn't possible.

Kayot

Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
That's a fallacious argument. If he made it, why the un-narrated video when a simple, "This is a USB Loader for Gamecube Games." would have been much better.

Just because someone has done great things, doesn't make them immune to failure. Getting upset that donations weren't met for a product that wasn't released nor documented at all is childish. Does he have a site we can visit that outlines any of this? I'd even take a post. I don't IRC. I don't know who crediar is. I just stumbled accost this because I was looking for info about the WODE. The WODEFlow looks sexy, thanks Justin121994. I'm going to wait a month and if nothing happens with this I'll defiantly get a WODE. I hate swapping my DVD's for GC games when all my Wii games are on the USB HD. There's something magical about putting the originals into the attic and still playing them.

I have a feeling the if this is real it's going to evolve into vaporware. May as well name it GC ISO Loader Forever.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Kayot said:
That's a fallacious argument. If he made it, why the un-narrated video when a simple, "This is a USB Loader for Gamecube Games." would have been much better.

Just because someone has done great things, doesn't make them immune to failure. Getting upset that donations weren't met for a product that wasn't released nor documented at all is childish. Does he have a site we can visit that outlines any of this? I'd even take a post. I don't IRC. I don't know who crediar is. I just stumbled accost this because I was looking for info about the WODE. The WODEFlow looks sexy, thanks Justin121994. I'm going to wait a month and if nothing happens with this I'll defiantly get a WODE. I hate swapping my DVD's for GC games when all my Wii games are on the USB HD. There's something magical about putting the originals into the attic and still playing them.

I have a feeling the if this is real it's going to evolve into vaporware. May as well name it GC ISO Loader Forever.

DIOS MIOS! GC ISO Loader proof of concept (Starfox Assault)

DownSince86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this thread just goes to prove why he isn't excited to release this to the public.

He's not dangling it over your heads and asking for donations in return. You see the difference between people like him and most of the people here is this. He makes things like this because he thinks it would be neat to build them, you all just want it to make pirating all your gamecube games that much easier.

If this was easy to do you'd have a bunch of usb loaders out there that supported GC games. But its not so instead of having a thousand people who know how to make it work you only have a handful..and maybe one of two of them are even interested in getting it working. Those one or two people could give a rats ass about piracy and filling an HDD up full of Gamecube games.

So unless you have the skills to build something like this on your own do what you've been doing for months now: wait and hope it gets released to the public. For now just appreciate this for what it is: a nice technical achievement.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DownSince86 said:
I think this thread just goes to prove why he isn't excited to release this to the public.

He's not dangling it over your heads and asking for donations in return. You see the difference between people like him and most of the people here is this. He makes things like this because he thinks it would be neat to build them, you all just want it to make pirating all your gamecube games that much easier.

If this was easy to do you'd have a bunch of usb loaders out there that supported GC games. But its not so instead of having a thousand people who know how to make it work you only have a handful..and maybe one of two of them are even interested in getting it working. Those one or two people could give a rats ass about piracy and filling an HDD up full of Gamecube games.

So unless you have the skills to build something like this on your own do what you've been doing for months now: wait and hope it gets released to the public. For now just appreciate this for what it is: a nice technical achievement.

make sure you wipe your chin when youre finished.

DownSince86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TRushInfo said:
make sure you wipe your chin when youre finished.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flamebait

Have a good day troll.
yaywii.gif

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
DownSince86 said:

/agree.

K

Kane91z

OP
I just want my game cube games I own on my hdd as they make my wiis drive make funny noises which i know can't be good for it >< - the game cube got put in the attic somewhere when the wii came...

if this gets released and works it would just be something else fun to play with and give me a reason to play those old NGC games I have not played in years. really though it seems too many people in this thread are nerd raging over nothing - if it's released great and thanks for all the hard work - if not well things stay the same.

MattJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kane91z said:
I just want my game cube games I own on my hdd as they make my wiis drive make funny noises which i know can't be good for it >< - the game cube got put in the attic somewhere when the wii came...

if this gets released and works it would just be something else fun to play with and give me a reason to play those old NGC games I have not played in years. really though it seems to many people in this threat are nerd raging over nothing - if it's released great and thanks for all the hard work - if not well things stay the same.
This is exactly how I feel too.

I can already play any gamecube game I want, but having them stored on a hard drive would be a convenience.
If this does get publicly released, then great. If not, then so what? If he wants to make it private between him and a few people then that is his choice.

And do you people really think calling him a selfish prick is going to help convince him to release it to the public? I have been called it on occasion for not releasing one of my unfinished projects, it doesn't exactly motivate you to complete it when you get that type of reaction.

Instead of calling Crediar names for possibly not releasing something, maybe you should be congratulating him on making something that was deemed impossible? It would help motivate him, and maybe, give him a reason to think the general public are worthy of his work.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
it doesnt matter what anybody would have said about this donation stuff. the fact is that most people are just wanting to get stuff for free and bitch when they dont get it. if somebody makes a place to donate and you dont see it, it is his fault for not putting it right in your face. if he does put it where you see it, yuo are too cheap to donate, so you bitch that he is panhandling. the fact is that nothing will make you happy unless it involves you getting to play your stolen games for free.
Not to beat a dead horse, but I'd have donated if I'd just realized he had a thing for donations. Wouldn't expect to get anything from it neccesarily, but hey..Sneek is a pretty awesome piece of work. It's worth some donating. I hope he releases it (then I could have EVERY Wii compatible game I own on a hard drive) but at the very least I hope he talks a bit about the technical aspects of it, a bit about how it works (etc).

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
killplaystation said:
A Disk is a Hard Disk.
A Disc is an Optical Disc.

I was under the impression this loader was only going to be given to two or three people...
The story behind that is that he was asking a ridiculous amount of donations for it, for over a month or 3, but only 2 or 3 people donated.
He did it anyway, I guess because he wanted to.
The vibe I get is that he's disappointed people didn't even think about donating for something they say they wanted.
A Hard Disk is a "diskette" because its a disc inside a drive, since the disc is actually the circular platter within the disk drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Shubshub
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one